Lee Evans

Stussy109

I am kind of amazed when i hear that peopel don't feel Lee EVans can step up and be the #1 receiver. I have seen nothing but solid play from him week in and week out. there's rarely a game where he has multiple drops. i remember the Denver game as being 1 of them this year. Otherwise, the guy has hands of glue, and the top end speed of a dragster.

I personally belive Lee is the future #1 of this team, and could be right now. In this previous year, I really feel we had a 1a and 1b receiver on the field. In the O sets where we would have one receiver, lee would often be out there. Moulds is a solid character, rough em up type of receiver, but is not a deep threat anymore with his speed. Moulds is worth having on the roster, he can oinly make the team better. I believe in talent and production, not in someones age. Here's for a solid wide receiving core in Evans, Moulds, Reed, and Parrish next yr. Evans is a stud in the making.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Lee Evans was the unofficial #1 last season.

He wasn't picked #13 overall to be 2nd fiddle his entire career. He is without a doubt the best WR we have on this team right now. I haven't heard anyone say that he can't be the team's #1 WR.

What I have heard is that we need someone to replace Moulds, which doesn't mean that Evans isn't capable. It just means that Evans needs a partner and who knows if Roscoe Parrish is that guy.

The ONLY knock I've heard against Lee ishi s lack of size. He is/will be a top receiver in this league, IMO.

EDIT...Sorry I meant to finish the above with...IF he plays on the right team.

Edited by The Dean

Jury's out - how much consistent double coverage has he been subjected to? I only get to see a few Bill's games per year, so I don't know how much he's drawn. I assume that Moulds being on the field left him in single coverage more than not. Dunno.

603897[/snapback]

He didn't receive as much double or over/under coverage as Moulds, you are correct. It did seem toward the end of the season though that he was beginning to...

I think Lee is doing great for his tenure in the NFL. He is flirting with becoming a top reciever, but hasn't proven himself yet.

I went into last season concerned about his blocking. I saw continued improvement throughout the year in this aspect of his game.

Lee seems to have a solid work ethic, and upstanding character. I hope he can establish himself as our #1, then start showing some leadship once he earns respect from his teammates. In order to do this, he is going to needs quality players around him. Simply removing Moulds and hoping everyone can step up, or at minimum Lee's numbers won't go down, is not realistic.

Guest BackInDaDay
I love LE. There's a maturity beyond his years that I like, too. Plug him in the lineup and forget about him. He's got a real nice future, IMO.

603931[/snapback]

What he said. :devil:

He didn't receive as much double or over/under coverage as Moulds, you are correct. It did seem toward the end of the season though that he was beginning to...

603912[/snapback]

If the Bills ever wake up and notice that teams are utilizing the TE more these days, every WR on staff would benefit. I realize keeping the TE into block has merit on a club with an iffy OL, but a couple of short, quick shots per game, completion or not, makes the defense think twice.

Guest BackInDaDay
If the Bills ever wake up and notice that teams are utilizing the TE more these days, every WR on staff would benefit. I realize keeping the TE into block has merit on a club with an iffy OL, but a couple of short, quick shots per game, completion or not, makes the defense think twice.

603942[/snapback]

After reading a few of Everett's scouting reports (prior to his being drafted) I got an uneasy feeling about this guy's ability to be an offensive weapon. One report said something about 'rounds off routes'. That's not what you want to hear about a college receiver. He may have gotten away with that crap against the Rutgers' strong safety, but if he brings that kind of game to the pros, he'll never see the ball.

It's not his fault he got hurt, but he sounds like a project, and he's already a year behind. Unless he puts the work in to sharpen his game up, we're looking at Euhus as our starter. I don't mind. He's athletic enough to run the seam and draw coverage away from Evans and Moulds. But you've got to call the play occasionaly.

Here's hoping AVP keeps whispering in Fairchild's ear about the TE. :devil:

After reading a few of Everett's scouting reports (prior to his being drafted) I got an uneasy feeling about this guy's ability to be an offensive weapon.  One report said something about 'rounds off routes'.  That's not what you want to hear about a college receiver.  He may have gotten away with that crap against the Rutgers' strong safety, but if he brings that kind of game to the pros, he'll never see the ball.

It's not his fault he got hurt, but he sounds like a project, and he's already a year behind.  Unless he puts the work in to sharpen his game up, we're looking at Euhus as our starter.  I don't mind.  He's athletic enough to run the seam and draw coverage away from Evans and Moulds.  But you've got to call the play occasionaly. 

Here's hoping AVP keeps whispering in Fairchild's ear about the TE.  0:)

603971[/snapback]

"Rounding off routes" is quite a knock. There are numerous TE's now and before that were pretty much large wr's. That can work. Some that were killer blockers. And some that combined both - great players. But a decent tight end, in a pass-recption situation, IMO, has to show a crisp cut on the short patterns - and he gets covered by all types - db's, safties, lb's, dl's.

I'd love to have a guy there who can stretch things, but there aren't a lot of those. So I'll take the guy with a quick cut-back for a 4, 5, 9 yard catch that leaves the defenders saying "sonofab*tch! and make them watch out for the next time. :devil:

It will be interesting to see how Everett pans out - if they include him in the game plan.

Lee Evans is a great receiver especially when playing with moulds, don't get me wrong, but so was Peerless Price. I don't see Evans being the kind of guy right now that could replace moulds unless he has a guy like himself as the number 2 receiver.

The last game against Miami, he scores 3 touchdowns with moulds in the game and then is invisible after Moulds leaves cause miami shifted extra coverage onto him that they had on moulds.

I have stated before that I truly believe Evans could be a Harrison type player. They are similar size-wise (Lee is actually bigger) and they hardly ever drop the ball. The biggest difference in this equation is the QB. I pray that we find the answer (hopefully JP), so we can see Evans' full potential. While I'm not second-guessing the Bledsoe decision, he and Evans really started coming together at the end of 2004. Hopefully, Fairchild coming from the Rams and having Holt will be able to properly use Evans. As for being a #1, I definitely believe he can be but Moulds will make things a lot easier for him. Evans seems like a quality guy who is not a prima-donna like many current wrs, so hopefully he can have a long and productive career in Buffalo.

Lee Evans is a great receiver especially when playing with moulds, don't get me wrong, but so was Peerless Price. I don't see Evans being the kind of guy right now that could replace moulds unless he has a guy like himself as the number 2 receiver.

The last game against Miami, he scores 3 touchdowns with moulds in the game and then is invisible after Moulds leaves cause miami shifted extra coverage onto him that they had on moulds.

604033[/snapback]

nuff said

Roscoe Parrish is also a small player on this team, but he's a gifted player with extreme speed. He's a tough player. Why do people think that because someone is short that he is a terrible player. Who cares if he become the 3rd or 4th string WR, he can still play that position quite well. What about small hands? Give me a break. Lot of Wr around this league have small hand but they still make big plays. I'm tired of people critizing players who are short and have small hands. Just let them play! :doh: