Guy Cheney Shot had a heart attack

Peter

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Minority Report.  Pretty good...but it sure wasn't Daddy Day Care calibre...

603428[/snapback]

By the absolutely fantastic Mr. Philip K. Dick., author of Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep (Blade Runner), We Can Remember it For You Wholesale (Total Recall), and many other terrific stories...

Hmmm...so you think that the VP is secretly happy that his friend walked into a line of fire?  All part of a plan?

Learn a bit about quail hunting. They are not ducks on the wing up on high. Quail get flushed out of the underbrush and take flight. It is close, quick reaction shooting, with small shells and lightweight shotguns. Which is exactly why a hunting party of same have rules about the shoot line.

If you like Viet Nam - style shooting into random brush, ask John Kerry.

603080[/snapback]

Both sides of this arguement is mere speculation (No, I'm not saying not to speculate, either). We just dont know the circumstances. And I know nothing about hunting. Hopefully I'll never know what really happened....not something I'm interested in. People dont need to know everything, despite the fact that the media tells us we are entitled to know everything.

Hopefull the guy will be alright

Both sides of this arguement is mere speculation (No, I'm not saying not to speculate, either). We just dont know the circumstances. And I know nothing about hunting. Hopefully I'll never know what really happened....not something I'm interested in. People dont need to know everything, despite the fact that the media tells us we are entitled to know everything.

Hopefull the guy will be alright

603552[/snapback]

Ditto on the last sentence, trust me with this administration you will never know and it will not take a Starr commission and millions of dollars to explore it, hey it is not about sex, just shot someone in the head and heart, no biggy. 0:)

Just heard that Cheney is going to be interviewed at 2 PM on FOXNews by Brit Humes.  Get your long bats out, there's going to be alot of softballs thrown.

603890[/snapback]

I don't think softballs will be thrown, rather they are setting up a batting tee and placing the balls on there for Cheney to hit. What a f-ing crock of sh*t. How about a press conference (cheney has not had one for over three years) - or, if he is worried about potential criminal charges have his personal lawyer up there taking the heat.

I don't think softballs will be thrown, rather they are setting up a batting tee and placing the balls on there for Cheney to hit. What a f-ing crock of sh*t.  How about a press conference (cheney has not had one for over three years) - or, if he is worried about potential criminal charges have his personal lawyer up there taking the heat.

603892[/snapback]

Does it really matter to you and your ilk? In your mind, he's a criminal and always will be. What good will it do him to have a press conference?

Does it really matter to you and your ilk? In your mind, he's a criminal and always will be. What good will it do him to have a press conference?

603902[/snapback]

So that he can get hammered by the press. Why else?

I noticed the talking point du jour is how often Cheney holds the ever important VP press conference. Three and a half years since the last? Funny, I do not remember anyone longing for a VP press conference.

All Cheney has to say is " I accidentally shot a friend of mine while hunting. That's all you jackals need to know. Oh, and by the way, I took a crap 30 minutes ago."

The reason I am not joking is that the heart attack the guy had could lead to a TIA or stroke. My father had a "silent herat attack" and the doctor noticd the abnoraml heartbeat at a checkup. He put him immediately in the cardiac ICU. While in there, he started acting strangely and he had a slight stroke. Luckily , the only long term effect he had was some speech aphasia, where he would lose his train of thought if you interrupted him in conversation.

So that he can get hammered by the press. Why else?

I noticed the talking point du jour is how often Cheney holds the ever important VP press conference. Three and a half years since the last? Funny, I do not remember anyone longing for a VP press conference.

603907[/snapback]

Oh come on Dan Quaylle showing off his Mexican fertility doll was funny. Admit it, potatoe, etc... where what we lived on for 4 years. :devil:

603907[/snapback]

The same people longing for VP press conferences are the ones who will be screaming "He's LYING!!!!" as it happens.

603902[/snapback]

Our VP shot someone in the face! THen he tried to cover it up (or at least place roadblocks to public disclosure). As Cafferty said on CNN "I was tought that this is a newsworthy story at the school I went to."

It is not as though the VP ran over someone's foot, pushed them over by mistake, or any minor accident. He shot him in the face and chest. This is not a partisan thing (though I like the idea of him sweating). I think the right-wing response of blaming the guy Cheney shot, downplaying the injury (he only got "peppered"). and otherwise defending Cheney's response is far more partisan than insisting he address it to the American public.

Our VP shot someone in the face! THen he tried to cover it up (or at least place roadblocks to public disclosure). As Cafferty said on CNN "I was tought that this is a newsworthy story at the school I went to."

It is not as though the VP ran over someone's foot, pushed them over by mistake, or any minor accident. He shot him in the face and chest. This is not a partisan thing (though I like the idea of him sweating). I think the right-wing response of blaming the guy Cheney shot, downplaying the injury (he only got "peppered"). and otherwise defending Cheney's response is far more partisan than insisting he address it to the American public.

603925[/snapback]

IT WAS A HUNTING ACCIDENT!

For the love of Christ, man, it's not like it was a drive-by shooting!