Guy Cheney Shot had a heart attack

Peter

Our VP shot someone in the face! THen he tried to cover it up (or at least place roadblocks to public disclosure). As Cafferty said on CNN "I was tought that this is a newsworthy story at the school I went to."

It is not as though the VP ran over someone's foot, pushed them over by mistake, or any minor accident. He shot him in the face and chest. This is not a partisan thing (though I like the idea of him sweating). I think the right-wing response of blaming the guy Cheney shot, downplaying the injury (he only got "peppered"). and otherwise defending Cheney's response is far more partisan than insisting he address it to the American public.

603925[/snapback]

Im sure Mary Jo Kopechne agrees with you, wholehearteldy.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know. I still haven't figured out why anyone cares at all - barring those personally involved.

603964[/snapback]

As near as I can figure, we're supposed to care because the press told us to, because they actually had to investigate something for once instead of having it spoon-fed to them like a bunch of children.

By the way...did anyone hear about the guy yesterday who died in a hunting accident in Montana? No? You know why? Because it's just a !@#$ing hunting accident!

I go back to my initial point about all this..

"We" are all twisted up over this because the WH did not immediately notify the press....the PRESS (not EMS services, not the police, THEY were notified)..... on a Saturday night during a blizzard and that when it was disclosed, less than a day later, it wasnt done in the manner THE PRESS would have preferred.

Thats the story.....thats the 'scandal'.....that the Press didnt get what it wants.

Pathetic.

I go back to my initial point about all this..

"We" are all twisted up over this because the WH did not immediately notify the press....the PRESS....not EMS services, not the police....THE PRESS on a Saturday night during a blizzard and that when it was disclosed, less than a day later, it still wasnt done in the manner THE PRESS would have preferred.

Thats the story.....thats the 'scandal'......Pathetic.

603979[/snapback]

Did you know that Cheney hasn't had a press conference in 3.5 years?

Yeah, I didn't care either.

I don't know. I still haven't figured out why anyone cares at all - barring those personally involved.

603964[/snapback]

I don't think this rates high on the meter for importance. But it is fun to watch the big media players get all upset about it because they got scooped by a little paper in Corpus Christi when none of them thought it important enough to have a reporter following the VP at all.

They are bitching because they got caught not doing their job. No editors thought it was important enough to have a reporter following Cheney - and now they are pissed that when something this incidental happens the White House doesn't spoon feed it to them. :devil:

After the last few years in the White House Press room, what the hell where they expecting?

I don't think this rates high on the meter for importance. But it is fun to watch the big media players get all upset about it because they got scooped by a little paper in Corpus Christi when none of them thought it important enough to have a reporter following the VP at all.

They are bitching because they got caught not doing their job. No editors thought it was important enough to have a reporter following Cheney - and now they are pissed that when something this incidental happens the White House doesn't spoon feed it to them.  :devil:

After the last few years in the White House Press room, what the hell where they expecting?

603994[/snapback]

Can we officially change the description of the media's role in things from "reporting" to "regurgitating" now?

As near as I can figure, we're supposed to care because the press told us to, because they actually had to investigate something for once instead of having it spoon-fed to them like a bunch of children. 

By the way...did anyone hear about the guy yesterday who died in a hunting accident in Montana?  No?  You know why?  Because it's just a !@#$ing hunting accident!

603970[/snapback]

Or this

http://fredericksburg.com/News/FLS/2006/02...02142006/167868

Exactly, the last time a VP shot someone it made its way into history books.

604104[/snapback]

Right...

OK - someone, anyone explain to me - BESIDES BECAUSE HE'S THE VP - why this has any significance or importance warranting the attention?

I just don't see it. I don't care. It doesn't mean anything.

Wow...a whole three-day delay in reporting it.  The shooter must have been drunk.  :devil:  0:)  :D

604115[/snapback]

And it was a 7 year old. Also, please note that the child was taken to the EMT's at the fire depertment and actually cared for before the police were called.

Also, it didn't make national news, and the guy was not charged with anything, and this was probably more of a crime then the medias current BS.