Raiders Hire Shell

JimBob2232

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Unfortunately, we just played them two years in a row, and won't see them again until 2008 at The Ralph.

Now I'm starting to wonder about those conversations between Shoop and Jauron a couple of weeks ago. Could Shoop have been looking for a parachute just in case he gets canned by Al and Art? I'm not sure I'd want Shoop as QBs coach.

Now I'm starting to wonder about those conversations between Shoop and Jauron a couple of weeks ago.  Could Shoop have been looking for a parachute just in case he gets canned by Al and Art?

Probably. If I were him, I'd have done that.

I'm not sure I'd want Shoop as QBs coach.

Why not? As long as he isn't the OC, I'm not too worried. Besides, who else would you want?

From a buddy's email to me this morning:

"I've been a Raider fan since 1976. Through good and bad, I've never been ashamed of my team, not even in 1990.....until now. Hiring back Art Shell??? He couldn't even hold down a line coach position since he was deservedly fired from the Raiders. I still have nightmares of his lifeless stare onto the field as everything is unraveling before him in an undisciplined "petulant food fight" manner. I finally have to heed to the press about Big Al. This was a stoop of momentous proportion. Maybe being a Clipper fan can ease my pain, but right now I'd "almost" take Donald Sterling over my beloved Al. Had to vent, and didn't want to send an Email to a fellow Raider who would try and put a positive spin on things. We will once again have one of the best teams on paper and tank!!! Here's hoping for 5 & 11."

Misery loves company, no?

"I've been a Raider fan since 1976.  Through good and bad, I've never been ashamed of my team, not even in 1990.....until now.  Hiring back Art Shell???  He couldn't even hold down a line coach position since he was deservedly fired from the Raiders.  I still have nightmares of his lifeless stare onto the field as everything is unraveling before him in an undisciplined "petulant food fight" manner.  I finally have to heed to the press about Big Al.  This was a stoop of momentous proportion.  Maybe being a Clipper fan can ease my pain, but right now I'd "almost" take Donald Sterling over my beloved Al.  Had to vent, and didn't want to send an Email to a fellow Raider who would try and put a positive spin on things.  We will once again have one of the best teams on paper and tank!!!  Here's hoping for 5 & 11."

600905[/snapback]

His regular season record was 54 - 38 . Thats not too shabby. Went to the plaoyoffs many times. He did a pretty good job actually.

Why was he fired anyways ?

"I've been a Raider fan since 1976.  Through good and bad, I've never been ashamed of my team, not even in 1990.....until now.  Hiring back Art Shell???  He couldn't even hold down a line coach position since he was deservedly fired from the Raiders.  I still have nightmares of his lifeless stare onto the field as everything is unraveling before him in an undisciplined "petulant food fight" manner.  I finally have to heed to the press about Big Al.  This was a stoop of momentous proportion.  Maybe being a Clipper fan can ease my pain, but right now I'd "almost" take Donald Sterling over my beloved Al.  Had to vent, and didn't want to send an Email to a fellow Raider who would try and put a positive spin on things.  We will once again have one of the best teams on paper and tank!!!  Here's hoping for 5 & 11."

600905[/snapback]

They didnt have a choice but to hire Shell, everyone else offered the job said no ty... Thats some funny s h i t right there. It sucks to be you black and silver. When assistants turn down the head jon in Oakland, you know there are issues with that rimmed glasses wearing pompous jackass..

Why are you one of them who believe we still won't make the playoffs?

600910[/snapback]

Leaving our team out of this one - do you think they'll make the playoffs any time soon? Heck, the game against the Bills was about the only halfway decent one the Raiduhs played last season.

Not sure, but I think that makes me feel even worse... :doh:

al davis deserves this. he put all his eggs in the whisenhunt basket but that guy's too smart for that old dirty bastard. Raiderville's shoulders just sank. shell is going to have a helluva time getting qualified assistants. Don't be surprised to see the Raiders drafting first in 2007.

Jim Kelly.

600883[/snapback]

Why is it that anyone thinks Jim Kelly wants to be a QB coach, or that he would necessarily be a good one? Position coaches aren't motivators or strategists, they're teachers, first and foremost. Jimbo never struck me as a particularly cerebral player.