Raiders still coachless

Thailog80

With Whisenhunt out of the picture, the Raiders could move quickly to return former Raiders coach Art Shell to head coaching duties. Shell interviewed Feb. 2 and told Davis he's ready to serve when necessary. Shell is in the Tampa area for the next couple of days, but he told Davis he's ready to accept the job if offered.

51-3 here we come...

Wasn't Al Davis in hot pursuit of Mike Mularkey back when he was hired in Buffalo?  Why go for Mularkey-lite, when you could likely get the real deal, from Miami?

599604[/snapback]

Al probably would shy away from MM because he saw his 1-4 Raiders look like SB contenders against the Bills this year.

Not to start the debate of "cheap or not cheap" again, but Al Davis is the one owner in the NFL who is as miserly with his coaches as Ralph Wilson. I am quite sure that money was the issue between Davis and Martz, and also played a factor in his interest in Mularkey last time around.

Al hired Norv Turner when nobody else was even remotely interested in him as a head coach. I remember, at the time, thinking, "he will be lucky to last two seasons in Oakland", it was such a mis-match. Well, I guess Norv was lucky!

I think it will be Art Shell, or somebody with no HC experience.

Petrino turned them down? Maybe they wouldn't let him write the pre-game Ode.

The Raiders are a real joke down here, I tell ya. It's tough to get a good coach when you have Al's reputation for usurping all the decision making.

Too bad MM already has a job.

The local TV is saying shell. They also mentioned that Davis sticks his nose in assistant picks, personnel picks and the players can bypass the coach and come to him to gripe.

No wonder no one wants to coach there.

The local TV is saying shell. They also mentioned that Davis sticks his nose in assistant picks, personnel picks and the players can bypass the coach and come to him to gripe.

599948[/snapback]

Sounds hauntingly familiar doesn't it?

599948[/snapback]

Sounds hauntingly familiar doesn't it?

599951[/snapback]

Why yes, now that you mention it.

It does sound a lot like TSW. Doesn't it?

Believe me, nobody feels worse than me about the Raiders being coachless. Nobody. :angry:

NOT!

Aw, ain't it a B word!

HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!