How long do you think before Fairchild recruits..

Tipster19

I wasn't thinking about getting him as a blocker but as a reciever. Everett is still inexperienced and until he can show that he can play at this level AND stay healthy then a recieving TE should be important in Fairchild's system. We shouldn't be thinking of using a draft pick to accomplish this at any time during the draft. A FA can and will fill this need. Who better than one from his own system?

So, we throw the ball maybe 5 times a game to a tight end.  There are 2 of them.  What do they do the rest of the game?  Block.  Kid can't block. 

Plus, his name is hard to pronounce.  I don't care for that.

599167[/snapback]

Well, given that the TEs we have now can't block or catch, in my book the guy is an upgrade.

We need TEs and Campbell should be dispensible. Coaches like players that are familiar with their system and this guy should be quite acclimated with Fairchild's. Would he be a good addition?

598956[/snapback]

A tight end who can't block? Gee we can line him up with our OT who can't block and near our G who can't block. He'll be an all pro based on his not blocking. Maybe the DE's will get windburn rushing by him to knock the qb on his ass. Ohh...waid a minute...we already have that position covered. Seriously there are a whole passel of very good tight ends in this draft and that is where I would be looking after we get us a DT and a couple of very good offensive linemen.

I dunno' if he'll do that given that there's a 6'5" 241 lb pass-catching TE waiting in the wings (Kevin Everett).

599086[/snapback]

Who hasn't played a down of NFL football, not even exhibition games, was a 3rd rd pick & is coming off knee surgery.

Do I really want to be counting on Everett to solve the TE problem? :lol:

I'm not suggesting a replacement for Everett but an addition to him. Hasn't the TE position been a weakness for this team? Here is an additional solid option for our roster. The more weapons we have the better.

599038[/snapback]

We have not had a TE extensively involved in our passing game in years. I do not think that this is a reflection of our TEs as much as it is a reflection of our OLs. We have had a sub par OL for years now, that in itself dictates that we almost always use the TEs exclusively for blocking.

If we can significantly upgrade our OL it will automatically upgrade our TEs, even with the current roster of Campbell, Euhus and Everett. BTW, I saw Everett play in college quite a bit and he can be a good and maybe even a great TE in the NFL. That is as long as he doesn't get another freak injury.

Guest BackInDaDay
I dunno' if he'll do that given that there's a 6'5" 241 lb pass-catching TE waiting in the wings (Kevin Everett).

599086[/snapback]

I admit to never seeing him play, but his scouting report on NFL's website didn't seem to promising as far as his receiving skills. I read it when we drafted him, and left thinking that Euhus was still going to be our best play-making TE.

Hope the report was lacking, but signing a UFA TE who can catch is appealing, as long as it doesn't take too much moola.