LOST 2.13 Discussion Thread

UConn James

I thought Charlie's jump to "evil" was too much too soon.  Yeah, he was having problems with Locke, and we don't know about his heroin use, but to have Charlie's character physically assault Jun (just because Locke frustrated him) was a "leap" to say the least.

They borrowed a page from the old WWF where a guy shakes his buddy's hand and then out of nowhere punches him in the face and basically declares "I'm a bad guy now!"

599140[/snapback]

:lol:

But... it really speaks to Charlie's level of desperation to get back with Claire. Which he thinks will be accomplished by getting Locke out of the way. (This all would not have happened if Locke had stayed in the hatch rather than making camp at the beach to be with Claire). He's getting rather obsessive.

But I don't think this switch to evil is going as fast as you say, or if it's necessarily happening at all. See how Charlie was heavily concerned that no one ever find out that it was he who grabbed Sun. I think that's b/c he intends to rejoin the ranks of the good people, after this discrete occurance of evil that is the catalyst. I agree with the previous poster who said Jin will find out b/c it's too good a storyline not to have this play out. And if he thought he was an outcast before, Charlie's going to have hell to pay. And if he survives, it might necessitate a big change for him.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I found it funny the radio was playing Glen Miller, who disappeared in 1944. They think his plane crashed, but it was never found.

599162[/snapback]

:lol: I didn't even get that last night. And it happened on the 15th.

Tho, there are certain of conspiracy theories floating out there re: his death.

:lol: I didn't even get that last night.

Tho, there are certain of conspiracy theories floating out there re: his death.

599213[/snapback]

And, the call letters of the station started with a W something, wjich says east of the Miss. river, i think even in the time of WWII, which according to Hurley could be the present on that island.

Couple of my observations, do not know if relevant or not.

Vincent showing up right before Suns kidnapping, and then the rain. Something about those two things, but just cant place my finger on it.

Bad Twin, uhm, the book Hurley found. Hers some info on it, looks like you can buy it now. Man, these guys are good.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/140130276...glance&n=283155

And for that matter, here is the book Locke had in his hands in the bunker. Book prolly a misnomer, but rather a very SHORT story. Take bout 5 minutes to read the whole thing. Not sure how it fits, but dude thought he was still alive, like seeing your life pass before your eyes right before ya kick it. I dunno how this plays into our little story.

http://eserver.org/fiction/occurrence-at-owl-creek.html

Thats all for now, sure I'll think of some other poop later

I thought last nice was the best episode we've had in a while. I like the plot twist with charlie going bad, and we could be in for some interesting dynamics between jack, locke and charlie (so long as they dont find out it was charlie who did that to sun)

Two things that i think will have a major role in the future episodes...

1. Hurley's "time" comment. A lot of you have mentioned it, and i cant see the writers putting a cryptic comment like that in the show and not going anywhere with it. Could the survivors somehow be in a different time?

2. Sawyer's "good person" comment. Especially considering that the others have said they only take "good" people.

And for that matter, here is the book Locke had in his hands in the bunker. Book prolly a misnomer, but rather a very SHORT story. Take bout 5 minutes to read the whole thing. Not sure how it fits, but dude thought he was still alive, like seeing your life pass before your eyes right before ya kick it. I dunno how this plays into our little story.

http://eserver.org/fiction/occurrence-at-owl-creek.html

Thats all for now, sure I'll think of some other poop later

599217[/snapback]

That is insane, I saw that movie once a year for about 5 years growing up. My parents took us to a place in the Adirondaks that allowed the parents time to have dinner while the kids were entertained. Occurance at owl creek was a contant staple of those evenings at Holl's Inn. Thanks so much for that reference!

Vincent showing up right before Suns kidnapping, and then the rain. Something about those two things, but just cant place my finger on it.

599217[/snapback]

What Vincent showing up told me was that he was familiar with whoever was lurking in the jungle. That's why it wasn't a shock to me to see Charlie revealed as the attacker at the end. I thought it was either him or A.L., but thought A.L. would be too obvious.

What I'd like to know is, what was the timeline there? Where does this ep fall wrt the con he was doing where he stopped the deal b/c the kid walked in and he realized he was becoming the same guy he hated (which goes against that "I've never done a good thing in my life"). He's got the hints of becoming a little soft, but then again, you might say he was as hard as a stone, doing a very good job faking he was in love even to the guy who sent him on the con. This whole 'going soft' thing is thrown out of whack by Kate's mother showing up. As we know, she was dying in the hospital about two years prior to the plane crash.

Also meant to mention the gold necklace con where Sawyer said, while putting the bandage on, that it'll be harder for them to identify as he'll just be some guy who looked like he was in a barfight.... Something for which he was deported (headbutting the minister of... fisheries?) and put on 815.

599142[/snapback]

This flash back (I am assuming) took place between the other two Sawyer episodes and after Kate killed her father.

We know it was before the second Sawyer flashback (where he shot the man he thought to be Sawyer), most likely it was AFTER the first flashback where we saw him walk away from the con of the wife and husband. I say that because this time instead of going after a married woman he went after a divorced woman (a sign of growth on his part).

I assume this was after Kate killed her father because the mother was in a new restaurant and yet to be sick.

I could be mistaken, but didn't that also happen to the hot blonde that got shot (forgot her name) b4 she saw/heard something odd as I recall her telling Sayid about?

I could be mistaken, but didn't that also happen to the hot blonde that got shot (forgot her name) b4 she saw/heard something odd as I recall her telling Sayid about?

599308[/snapback]

Yep, the rain and Vincent the dog have been present when a bunch of bad things have happened. But whats confusing is we know Charlie did the fake kidnapping, where before I was always assuming that Vincent and the rain were somehow tied in with the others/island.

Best. Episode. Yet.

Wow... Is Sawyer a puppet master or what? If this show goes on several seasons, I can see Charlie and him making quite an interesting team...

599018[/snapback]

Honestly, I think this is just the beginning stages of Sawyers long con. In his flash back he said the first thing you need to pull off a long con is money, and a lot of it. This is true for the real world, but on the island there is no money. What is the one thing everybody wants, including the "others"? Guns.

IMHO this is all stage one to con the "others".

Honestly, I think this is just the beginning stages of Sawyers long con. In his flash back he said the first thing you need to pull off a long con is money, and a lot of it. This is true for the real world, but on the island there is no money. What is the one thing everybody wants, including the "others"? Guns.

599360[/snapback]

that would be interesting...he obviously harbors grudges very deeply unlike any of the other survivors...he's got it in for zeke, the one who shot him and the rest of the "others"

What was Sawyers name in the flash back?

599184[/snapback]

James Ford. Locke outed Sawyer's real name a couple of episodes ago, when they were out looking for Michael. Right after Sawyer called Locke "Mr. Clean", Locke told Sawyer he saw the flight manifest that listed a "James Ford" where Sawyer was sitting, or something like that.

Found while reading another board. The book Hurley found? How bout this Ethan Rom fans

The author's name is Gary Troup? Rearrange those letters to get PURGATORY

599530[/snapback]

Actually, you get TRAY GROUP. That solves everything. Someone was grouping the in-flight snack trays and f-ed up the plane. Someone now has to find all the trays on the island, group them, then make a raft out of them so they can be rescued.

Done, Now I can watch Mythbusters on Wednesday nights instead. Yay.

599360[/snapback]

And yet, this was something that was puzzling me today. How does Sawyer intend to use the guns? With the Others bearing down on them, is he somehow going to fend them all off by hisownself, carrying all 100 guns at the same time? No. The only way they can be used effectively is to have numerous people having a gun. One person having them all is a detriment to all of their security.

This con provided Sawyer w/ a lot of perceived power w/in the group, but no real kind of protection if the sh-- hits the fan.

To extend the metaphor of guns=money (and maybe make my point a little clearer), this situation is like Scrooge McDuck having all of the known money in the world in his money silos. Everyone else hasn't a penny, and there's nothing the Scrooge really needs that he would give anyone any money for. So, what's the point of him keeping the money if he can't spend it? It becomes essentially worthless that way b/c money must pass and be in circulation to produce any good effect on the economy.

"Or another time. I'm kidding, dude."

That won't come back around, now will it?

-----------------------------------------------------

Dude...that was the big thing I took from this episode. And did you see the look in Sayid's eyes...I think he gets it too.

------------------------------------------------------

Hurley's "time" comment. A lot of you have mentioned it, and i cant see the writers putting a cryptic comment like that in the show and not going anywhere with it. Could the survivors somehow be in a different time?

I got the impression that the time comment was nothing more than a sort of chaff decoy; a bit of subterfuge to distract the viewer from the really important thing in that scene.

The manuscript that Hurley found.

Cya