Sabres vs. Habs

X. Benedict

Sabres are going for 6 in a row tonight. Miller is in goal again.

Looking to finish the week strong before the break.

597910[/snapback]

habs have come out moderately strong

God i wish we had a real power forward

what is three straight, is that freaky white hot?  :D

597919[/snapback]

considering our starting 4 million dollar goaltender is having more success maintaining his shylock business than keeping the pucks out of the net, i'd say it is pretty impressive :D

considering our starting 4 million dollar goaltender is having more success maintaining his shylock business than keeping the pucks out of the net, i'd say it is pretty impressive :D

597922[/snapback]

These are 4 big points for both teams. Luckily for Les Habs, nobody seems to want the 8th spot very badly.

These are 4 big points for both teams. Luckily for Les Habs, nobody seems to want the 8th spot very badly.

597928[/snapback]

i don't want them to make the playoffs because they will get creamed by any team they play, unless they face boston lol

i don't want them to make the playoffs because they will get creamed by any team they play, unless they face boston lol

597929[/snapback]

how can you not want your team in playoffs? goaltenders can get hot, players can get injured, anything can happen, it is the second season.

how can you not want your team in playoffs? goaltenders can get hot, players can get injured, anything can happen, it is the second season.

597932[/snapback]

obviously deep down, i want them to succeed, but i know that we do not have enough talent to go anywhere in the playoffs

I know anything can happen, but i see this team as badly needing rebuilding.

obviously deep down, i want them to succeed, but i know that we do not have enough talent to go anywhere in the playoffs

I know anything can happen, but i see this team as badly needing rebuilding.

597934[/snapback]

You would rather have your team miss the playoffs because they "do not have enough talent to go anywhere in the playoffs"? That is truly sad.

You've got a goalie that has pitched 2 shutouts in a row, in a league that 6 and 7 seeds oftentimes have legitimate shots to make it to "the show", and you would rather see someone else playing the last week in April? That's not just sad, that's borderline pathetic.

The league is at the beginnings of having "good" free agents available and finishing 9th gives you no chance at a top 5 draft pick and only moves you up at most 5 slots over finishing 8th, and you would rather miss the playoffs to "rebuild". Wow.

You would rather have your team miss the playoffs because they "do not have enough talent to go anywhere in the playoffs"?  That is truly sad.

You've got a goalie that has pitched 2 shutouts in a row, in a league that 6 and 7 seeds oftentimes have legitimate shots to make it to "the show", and you would rather see someone else playing the last week in April?  That's not just sad, that's borderline pathetic.

The league is at the beginnings of having "good" free agents available and finishing 9th gives you no chance at a top 5 draft pick and only moves you up at most 5 slots over finishing 8th, and you would rather miss the playoffs to "rebuild".  Wow.

597947[/snapback]

i guess i have my selfish reasons, one of them being that this team used to be one of the most respected most powerful franchises in hockey, and now we're content with just making the playoffs.

The only half decent move this front office has done is going and get a GM with a track record of being tough and organized as well as efficient, but besides that, has been horrible in drafting, and scouting free agents.

Obviously I want them to succeed but I don't really care what happens this season. I want to see some changes in the scouting department, get rid of these dumb asses. When I see teams like Calgary, Buffalo and other teams who despite having their backs to the wall, manage to progress while this team just keeps taking steps backwards.

Signing theodore to 5 million when he was clearly overrated, signing Kovalev to a big contract when he clearly doesn't fit the system, trading a great prospect in Mathieu Garon for Radek Bonk :D. I guess it just brings me down as a fan.

Honestly i think it will take Gainey a long time to make this team competitive

Habs just scored 1-1.

Big goal with under 10 seconds left in the period.  Bad icing, faceoff loss, clear shooting lane, and an unencumbered tip.  Gainey's gotta be livid with that one.

597966[/snapback]

i think by firing his head coach, gainey has sort of written off this season. I don't think he did it to shake things up, as rather a reason to step in and put his man in charge.

Damn, Montreal score , Kovalev....3:36 left

597981[/snapback]

Sabres weren't playing to win, they were playing not to lose. They were just waaaaaay too relaxed. Crowd is back in it now.

And Montreal is now on the power play with less than two minutes left. Bad juju, Sabres gave this game up.

Sabres weren't playing to win, they were playing not to lose.  They were just waaaaaay too relaxed.  Crowd is back in it now.

And Montreal is now on the power play with less than two minutes left.  Bad juju, Sabres gave this game up.

597982[/snapback]

and there you go

mile high got to see a good game.

Horrific effort, really. Happy with the two points but really played relaxed and were very lucky when Koharski waved off that goal and the tools in Toronto didn't give it them anyway (I'm not sure why it wasn't a goal, to be honest but I didn't really pay attention to the replays - too busy begging the hockey Gods to give US one for a change).

Nice play at the end by Teppo, Drury (especially), and Max for just throwing it at the net low and with pace.

Horrific effort, really.  Happy with the two points but really played relaxed and were very lucky when Koharski waved off that goal and the tools in Toronto didn't give it them anyway (I'm not sure why it wasn't a goal, to be honest but I didn't really pay attention to the replays - too busy begging the hockey Gods to give US one for a change).

Nice play at the end by Teppo, Drury (especially), and Max for just throwing it at the net low and with pace.

598006[/snapback]

The rule apparently is you can't use any part of your body to bat it in, and Koharski thought he "gutted" it in, and then couldnt get definitive proof on the replay. Kind of an NFL-esque no conclusive proof.

I saw Paul Hamilton on camera during the Lindy Ruff PC the other night against Ottawa. Let's just say he shouldn't criticize anyone. Two goals including the game winner in OT and Max shouldn't be one of the three stars? Talk about being full of yourself.

I thought for sure the Sabres were going to get bent over by the replay booth again late in third. Got a call in our favor and at least the refs called a fair game for a change.

Anyways, the Sabres won on the road against a desperate Montreal team tonight. Sabres were coming off a huge win against Ottawa and the Montreal goalie Huet had back-to-back shutouts. A letdown could have been expected and, hell, even excused at this point, yet they pulled off another win. Now is not the time to start criticizing wins, especially road wins. 2 points is 2 points no matter how un-pretty they may be. Sabres are 35-15-0-3- 73 points. That's good for 2nd in the division (only 4 points behind Ottawa) and 4th in the Eastern Conference. They have exceeded everyone's expectations to this point and it's just a fun team to watch. Plus, Briere is coming back either Thursday or Saturday. Just enjoy the ride, I know I am.

Here is the take from the Montreal Gazette:

http://www.canada.com/montrealgazette/news...56c8e84&k=12277

No excuses, no controversy. They just tell it like it was.

Good teams get their share of luck and they win games that they probably should not. Hopefully, Ruff gets on them a little bit before Thursday's game.

A six game winning streak for the Sabres! I am loving it! I hope they can run the table through the weekend and then get a well deserved break.

I saw Paul Hamilton on camera during the Lindy Ruff PC the other night against Ottawa. Let's just say he shouldn't criticize anyone. Two goals including the game winner in OT and Max shouldn't be one of the three stars? Talk about being full of yourself.

598084[/snapback]

FWIW..Paul Hamilton was one of the last players cut from the Miracle on Ice 1980 US Hockey team