worst officiated super bowl ever

Dr. K

worst officiated game ever...  too bad the national media won't pick up on it.  pittsburgh's their team.  Holmgren needs to make some $50,000 statements after this game.

595576[/snapback]

I'm glad that this thread was started. I said to my wife throughout this game that it was by far the worst officiated SB I had ever seen. And these guys were supposed to be the best over the course of the season??! What a disgrace. That being said, Seattle simply didn't do enough to win this game. They had several chances despite the lousy officiating and still managed to crap the bed. What a sad way to end the football season.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Big Ben = Tom Brady = Ref favoritism.  Pittsburgh played a good game, but Seattle outplayed them, and the REFS decided the outcome.  It was a lovefest for the Bus and Pittsburgh.  I feel sorry for the NFL and the Seahawks.

595810[/snapback]

Speaking of equations, I kinda like this one:

2 fluke plays + 3 bogus calls = 5th Stealer championship.

And Kzoo as usual is on the mark. 

Wow I mean just wow - that was pathetic. 

Do the refs count against the Steelers salary cap? 

I was suprised they overturned the Hasselbeck 'fumble'.

595899[/snapback]

Thanks man.

My favorite call was cutting on Hasselback. How often do we see a QB throw a pick in this league and go low to avoid a big block or make a tackle? This penalty never gets called, and this was the first time I have ever seen it called on a QB. So to even call it if it occurred is bogus, but they called it when it didn’t occur, and did it almost immediately following the bogus nullification of Stevens catch to the 1.

Thanks man.

My favorite call was cutting on Hasselback. How often do we see a QB throw a pick in this league and go low to avoid a big block or make a tackle? This penalty never gets called, and this was the first time I have ever seen it called on a QB.  So to even call it if it occurred is bogus, but they called it when it didn’t occur, and did it almost immediately following the bogus nullification of Stevens catch to the 1.

595935[/snapback]

Actually, Ben did it on ensuing drive during the Randle El throw, and not only was it not called, but the announcers commented on what a great play it was.

That being said, Seattle simply didn't do enough to win this game. They had several chances despite the lousy officiating and still managed to crap the bed. What a sad way to end the football season.

595923[/snapback]

Maybe if you add it up theyt didnt do enough. But the refs beat them down at the right times. Seattle could have taken control of that game early but they werent allowed to

Maybe if you add it up theyt didnt do enough. But the refs beat them down at the right times. Seattle could have taken control of that game early but they werent allowed to

596045[/snapback]

Exactly again. Football is an andreline sport. It would have taken a super human team to rebound from that put down.

Case in point... After the "tuck rule"... The andreline rollercoaster that Oakland was on was too much to overcome.

I am really amazed Seattle kept it together and didn't come unglued.

LOL, shut up you whiners.  Steelers made the big plays.  True, they didn't move the ball consistently, but they made executed long plays for touchdowns.  It's 6 points either way.

595673[/snapback]

One of those long plays doesn't happen without some sh------- officiating

Bad calls or not...the Seahawks didn't DESERVE this game. Jeremy Stevens played timidly and soft (just as Jerry Porter predicted). The Seahawks gave up the longest TD run in SB history. Their D surrendered two first downs with six minutes left. They botched four scoring opportunities that could have provided them 12 points. The refs weren't doing them any favors, but they didn't shut the door on them.

595796[/snapback]

The stillers didn't exactly crush the hawks. They didnt play like SB champs either. The bruschi blow fest was replaced for this one week with the bettis blow fest...did anybody else catch the shot of tedy with his fam? made me wanna puke.

Agreed.  Holmgen called a piss poor game.  Pittsburgh was no great shakes, but the Randel El pass was a thing of beauty.

595824[/snapback]

Again the Randel El thing doesn't happen without some piss poor officiating.

I don't know how anybody could have objectively watched this game and not come to the conclusion that there was blatant favoritism going on.  Calling back the 'Hawks TD on a bogus offensive PI call, the Rothlisberger TD that never crossed the goal line, the phantom holding call, numerous non-calls on the Steelers...this was a bag job from the opening kickoff.  Every single instance where it looked like Seattle was getting momentum was squashed by the refs.  I don't see it any other way. 

The media won't say anything because they've been hyping the Bettis thing for two weeks.  This thing smells...smells pretty bad.  Tagliabu should be embarrased.

595586[/snapback]

Even my son who was rooting for the Steelers said at one point..."don't you think it's kinda weird that everytime the Seahawks make a big play it's called back, or reversed by the officials?" And what about that stupid "low block" penalty tacked onto the interception return? :w00t: I'm not sure I even want to watch another SB, unless the Bills are playing. :(

Even my son who was rooting for the Steelers said at one point..."don't you think it's kinda weird that everytime the Seahawks make a big play it's called back, or reversed by the officials?"  And what about that stupid "low block" penalty tacked onto the interception return? :w00t:  I'm not sure I even want to watch another SB, unless the Bills are playing. :(

596150[/snapback]

If last night's game was any indication, even if they get there they're not going to be treated very well. Unless they see some kind of "win one for Marv, HoF coach-turned genius GM" story in there.

What was worse, they never showed a replay.  On my recollection, it was a clear first down.  It may not have been, but a replay would have been nice to prove my eyesight wrong.

595746[/snapback]

We have Tivo. It was a first down. I was yelling for fatso to challenge, but his guys upstairs never got a look. The guys in the room claimed it was short, till we rewound and looked at it. Clearly a first down. The guy who spotted it came in from behind. Bad call. Critical call.

The other miserable calls, I agree with you. Especially on the tackle.