What's on the menu tomorrow for the SB?

Frez

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Probably some wings....going to try to make some chili. Lots of beer.

Also, Jack in Syracuse posted this dip recipe last year for the Super Bowl. I gave it a shot and I think it is phenomenal. Jack, you and your buddy, big ups on that.

Here was his post:

594161[/snapback]

Thanks, I love that dip.

For us, it's going to be the dip (I've got to make sure I put that in the recipe section of the board) and microwave wings (please don't shoot me). I'm not sure what else, got to see what's in the fridge/freezer.

I'd advise you to continue to forget the Corona Light, and go get some beer instead.

594407[/snapback]

I like Corona. I have been drinking it long before it was ever in the States, I would go to Tijuana and buy it and bring back. I will be drinking it long after it is out of vogue and considered like drinking Bergie beer or something.

I like Corona. I have been drinking it long before it was ever in the States, I would go to Tijuana and buy it and bring back. I will be drinking it long after it is out of vogue and considered like drinking Bergie beer or something.

594600[/snapback]

Didn't mean to offend. By all means, drink away.

Question: "Bergie beer"? What's that?

My favorite Mex beers are Negro Modelo and Dos Equis Amber (Bohemia is OK, too). But, that's me.

Chicken Wings made the REAL Buffalo way. (Only 2 places that I've found in the Bay Area make chicken wings worthy of the name).

Pillsbury biscuits, with Ham and Cheese and Sausage and Cheese stuffed in before baking.

Little Smokies with BBQ Sauce in a crock pot.

Friends are bringing various other dishes.

Hodge podge of various beers, but the "main course" of beers contains:

Maudite

La Fin du Monde

Trois Pistoles

and for those who are not as bold, Blanche de Chambly

Say what you want about drinking all Quebec beers, they're really, really, damn good!!!

Chicken Wings made the REAL Buffalo way.  (Only 2 places that I've found in the Bay Area make chicken wings worthy of the name). 

Pillsbury biscuits, with Ham and Cheese and Sausage and Cheese stuffed in before baking.

Little Smokies with BBQ Sauce in a crock pot. 

Friends are bringing various other dishes. 

Hodge podge of various beers, but the "main course" of beers contains:

Maudite

La Fin du Monde

Trois Pistoles

and for those who are not as bold, Blanche de Chambly

Say what you want about drinking all Quebec beers, they're really, really, damn good!!!

594712[/snapback]

i LOVE unibroue beers. La findu Monde is my fave...but Maudite is also great.

Tell me...who has decent wings here? Any in the city?

i LOVE unibroue beers.  La findu Monde is my fave...but Maudite is also great.

Tell me...who has decent wings here?  Any in the city?

594714[/snapback]

None that I found in SF. Ricky's Sports Bar probably has the best wings I've had since I've moved out here. (If you can deal with all Raiders, all the time). McCovey's in Walnut Creek also has not only really good wings, but just about everything on their menu is top notch (if you can deal with all Giants, all the time).

None that I found in SF.  Ricky's Sports Bar probably has the best wings I've had since I've moved out here.  (If you can deal with all Raiders, all the time).  McCovey's in Walnut Creek also has not only really good wings, but just about everything on their menu is top notch (if you can deal with all Giants, all the time).

594720[/snapback]

CRAP...and thanks. I'll continue to bring my sauce to a local place and have them fry the wings and coat them with my sauce. (I usually bring extra sauce so a few other people get to share in the experience...no complaints yet.)

I'll have to try McCovey's. Where is Rickey's?

CRAP...and thanks.  I'll continue to bring my sauce to a local place and have them fry the wings and coat them with my sauce.  (I usually bring extra sauce so a few other people get to share in the experience...no complaints yet.)

I'll have to try McCovey's.  Where is Rickey's?

594724[/snapback]

http://www.rickys.com/about/contact.cfm

we have a bar here in newburgh called  "my place" and the ownwr is a huge steelers fan. well his big sign on the bar is sunday special...grilled seahawk,i dont think i'd care for grilled seahawk though.normally they have excellent food......................the owners only saving grace for me is that even though he is a steelers fan he does have a box of flutie flakes and kelly crunch in his display case.

594212[/snapback]

You know..there is no such thing as a seahawk, but a Washington State friend of mine says it's basically the same thing as a seagull. OK. It occurs to me that I've never seen seagull on a menue, anywhere. Wonder why. I've seen all kinds of creatures including buffalo, alligator, squid, etc...