OK- Realistically who could the Bills Bring IN

Poeticlaw

Just based on potential UFA no trades, drafts, or potential cuts.

Heres is a short list compiled of just that potential UFA's QB"S We all know JP will not be starting next year unless hes claerly the winner of more than just Holcomb. So we know they have to bring in another veteran to compete.

Damian Huard- hasn't had much starting but i liked what i saw when he started for Miami and My freind loved him in NE he wanted Huard to be the back up instead of Brady. (imagine that)

Doug Flutie-too old but can he still play?????

Drew Brees-Will cost us a pick if we sign him and his shoulder is a question mark so it better be a conditional pick.

Jeff Blake- I have always liked him but hes to soft in the mind.

Jon Kitna- Might be the best one available and he wants not only to start now but for the next few years which might not be the case in cincinatti if Plamer can come back from injury-he plays with fire and a proven leader. Definatley could compete for the starting QB Job.

Charlie Batch- I loved him in Detroit but he hasnt started since his injuries dont know how much it impairs him but it would be nice if he shows hes capable fo starting.

Josh Mcnown- Kids young (26) so hes not expeirenced but has some starting experience under his belt and tutilage form Kurt warner might be worth the flier to see what he has.

So if I had to chose 1 from the above QB's and only the above Qbs to bring in to compete with JP and Holcomb my First choice would be Kitna if he fell through because of cincinattis situation then my back up plan would be Damion Huard.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So I guess the Bills should spend MORE money to bring in a QB and take $ away from addressing the REAL needs of the team, like OL and DL for starters?

589736[/snapback]

I think poeticlaw is attempting to put in perspective a sentiment that there should be a veteran brought in to challenge JP and KH. His point is well taken - there isn't anyone out there that can add value to our existing dynamic duo.

the way i look at it, we need a 3rd stringer - the #1 and #2 jobs are currently occupied and that will not be changing.......

best way to fill the #3 need is with a day 2 draft pick......

free agent money should be spent on the OL and not wasted on more QB's........fix the OL and you'll solve the QB problem.......

QB is NOT the problem on this team.....

- We need to address Left Tackle, Left Guard, and Center.....I think we can fix left guard by moving Gandy to that spot....Preston can take Center or possibly Labently......we need a left tackle....we also need a real Tight End

- We NEED to address our pass rush and our interior run stop. Bring in Big Ted on the cheap and drafting a DE would help a lot

QB is NOT the problem on this team

QB is NOT the problem on this team.....

- We need to address Left Tackle, Left Guard, and Center.....I think we can fix left guard by moving Gandy to that spot....Preston can take Center or possibly Labently......we need a left tackle....we also need a real Tight End

- We NEED to address our pass rush and our interior run stop.  Bring in Big Ted on the cheap and drafting a DE would help a lot

QB is NOT the problem on this team

589817[/snapback]

I am not saying that the QB is the problem with the team. I am trying to be realistic here. First Marv has been stated as "the Futeure is NOW!!!" as well as his desire of Veterans for the positon. Many of us beleive that JP is the guy and the rest of us think holcomb is the guy. The team feels the same way. A veteran QB is going to be brought in whether any of us agree with it or not.

To rebut but the money- First off JP signed a 24 mil incentive laden contract if hes not playing hes not making incentives thus his slary is around 1.54 mil, Second Holcomb is only making $875,000 for the upcoming season. So there is plenty of room to bring in a possible starting qb since they make around 3-5mil anyway and the 2 we have already are making 2nd and 3 rd string pay with out hurting the rest of the roster.

I said realistically-- they are going to bring ain a vet to compete for the starting role. First that doesnt mean he will be on the opening day roster but it does mean that its not a gimme for Holcomb or JP and whomever wins the competetion should have the backing of the team and tahts what the organiztion is also looking for and right now JP has no backing from the veterans and even if he did beat out holcomb they would be crying for him after a couple of games.

Wouldn't want any of them. JP will either do it or he won't. If not we will find a good coach in the 2007 draft or trade away a few draft picks for someone else. I hope JP performs well and we can use our picks on 2007 needs which will probably be at the safety, linebacker and defensive end positions. We have to waste a lot of effort at finding a qb we will not be in the playoffs until 2009.

Guest BackInDaDay
right now JP has no backing from the veterans and even if he did beat out holcomb they would be crying for him after a couple of games.

589841[/snapback]

Jauron's been 'round the block a few times.

If he and Marv define the team's goals and how they're going to accomplish them he can get the vets to accept their responsibilites in making it work. He can't break camp with a team full of seperate agendas.

One team, one goal.

When the going gets tough, veteran and rookie alike can be reminded of that commitment. I doubt Marv and Jauron will tolerate the type of 'crying' that went on in '05, but if they do things right, there won't be any.

Whats wrong with JP?

We don't have the money to bring in another half rate QB.  We have Holcomb!  JP can and will challenge him until he takes over.

Lets spend the money on the lines then maybe either of our QB's might get us some where.

Guys I know its a slow time but really!

OUT

589729[/snapback]

I agree with you.

Do you think there will EVER be a good time to draft blockers?

589872[/snapback]

I don't think there is ever a BAD time to draft linemen. However I think we are going to use up this draft pretty much addressing our crying needs and I suspect that our safeties don't have all that much gas left in their tanks and we should be looking for replacements, Fletcher is leaving spring-chickendom and I don't know how Spikes is going to recover so I think there might be some real needs in those areas. However, give me a big ol' fat defensive tackle or offensive center with a Nasty disposition, and I could be persuaded.

I really think you go into the year with JP, Kelly Holcolm and a rookie QB you draft this year....If JP is not the guy, I would seriously approach SD about Rivers or Brees and Atlanta about Matt Shaub...

589876[/snapback]

Atlanta turned down Cinci's offer of a 2nd round pick for Shaub. We should have drafted Shaub in the first place.

some other vets who may come availabe and may be cheap are Aaron Brooks, Brian Griese and Joey Harrington.

There will not be much top flight talent OL and DL available on the free agent market that will tie up large amounts of cap. The Bills will need to build through the draft. By replacing Shane Matthews salary, it should not be very costly to bring in another who could actually be a legitimate starting QB.

Sorry I'd rather just hand the job to JP have any of them compete for starting QB.

We can draft somebody. I hear all of the best QB's get drafted in the 6th round. In fact all the best QB that become the best QB ever and win every game and never lose because they are better QB's than anybody ever - yes those are the QB's drafted in the 6th round.

... yes it was bitter.

Watch for the skins to either cut or more than likely try to trade Patrick Ramsey. If the price were right, I'd like to see Buffalo get him. He is a tough kid with a strong arm. Seems like a decent fit in blue collar Buffalo. His mobility isn't the greatest, so OL repairs would be a must.

Watch for the skins to either cut or more than likely try to trade Patrick Ramsey.  If the price were right, I'd like to see Buffalo get him.  He is a tough kid with a strong arm.  Seems like a decent fit in blue collar Buffalo.  His mobility isn't the greatest, so OL repairs would be a must.

590114[/snapback]

I don't see a big differnece between JP and Ramsey....And with Ramsey riding

the pine for most of his career at Washington, I don't think he is any better

than JP at this point......

If we want a veteran QB who could win (and not a stop gap like a Holcomb)

we need to bring in a Kerry Collins......But I would rather see us get

JPL ready for next season......and stop having QB controversies again....

Another veteran who could be brought here is Brad Johnson, if the Vikes

release him...