OK- Realistically who could the Bills Bring IN

Poeticlaw

Another veteran who could be brought here is Brad Johnson, if the Vikes

release him...

590131[/snapback]

That's an interesting point, but I think that Brad Johnson will be starting next season for the Vikings.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

To me if we're going to "win now" it's not going to be due to the QB alone it's going to do more with the talent we have in the trenches. You're right though the free agent crop of QBs isn't anything special but then again a few years ago Jake Delhomme wasn't anything special either. To me a QB is more a product of his surrounding cast then vice a versa.

590426[/snapback]

Don't get me wrong, I agree completely that the QB position is a lower priority than the lines. (Indeed, it's one of the lowest priorities on the team at this point because there are so many other needs and Holcomb and Losman are already here and give you a servicable veteran and a young, developing player mix.) The OL is so bad that it is totally irrelevant who lines up at QB; you could put anybody under center and still have no offensive production because the line is atrocious.

Breaking the bank for a FA QB or drafting a QB in the 1st round would be supremely unwise and the Bills franchise would wallow with Arizona and Detriot in suckitude. The Bills would lock-in their right to become the new Bungles of the AFC.

Everyone seems to think he'll be ging to the Raiders.  But, didn't Moss really diss him after he left the Vikings...or am I confused?  (Could be both, I know)

590354[/snapback]

I wouldn't be surprised to see Culpepper in a Dolphins uniform next year....

That's an interesting point, but I think that Brad Johnson will be starting next season for the Vikings.

590439[/snapback]

Only if Culpepper is shipped out to Arizona or Miami....Ot herwise this team

has invested too much in Culpepper to keep him on the bench......

I really like Brad Johnson, if we are not going to commit to JP....

Of course the best would be is to commit to Losman.....and build the offense

around him....l.

If they really, really feel they need to look in another direction, I would give Joey Harrington a long look when the Lions let him go. This is assuming Martz (as their potential new OC) doesn't decide Harrington is his next project.

I say that as a JP fan, but I feel Harrington didn't get a fair shake in Detroit. At the same time, this is unlikely due to the fact that Jauron has probably already seen enough of Harrington and the players' reaction to him.

- Nobody that's scheduled to be a FA QB represents a clear upgrade to Holcomb. So there's no point in messing with those guys.

- Guys we'd have to trade for (like Kitna) will only be good for a few years. The Bills are a rebuilding team, and there's no sense in trading away the long-term benefits of draft picks for quick but temporary fixes like Kitna.

- The Bills could adequately address the OL by using picks 2, 3, and 3 on it; thereby saving the #1 pick for the QB. Offensive players take longer to develop, so fix the offense this year, and the defense next year. There are too many needs to fix everything in one year.

McCown is going to be a very good NFL qb if he's given a shot somewhere. He's athletic and has a damn strong arm and from what i saw of him this year (my grandfather is a cardinals fan so i'll watch them if they play after the bills) he was definitely more accurate than JP. That being said lets get a real line in front of JP before we as fans throw him under the bus

- Nobody that's scheduled to be a FA QB represents a clear upgrade to Holcomb. So there's no point in messing with those guys.

- Guys we'd have to trade for (like Kitna) will only be good for a few years. The Bills are a rebuilding team, and there's no sense in trading away the long-term benefits of draft picks for quick but temporary fixes like Kitna.

- The Bills could adequately address the OL by using picks 2, 3, and 3 on it; thereby saving the #1 pick for the QB. Offensive players take longer to develop, so fix the offense this year, and the defense next year. There are too many needs to fix everything in one year.

590980[/snapback]

We would not have to trade for Kitna- Kitnas a free agent. If we would have to trade for anyone of the names mentioned it would be BRad Johnson because he isnt a free Agent.

Everyone seems to be missing the point of this thread. Without haveing to trade for a QB and without drafting a QB who do we think Marv is going to bring in to Compete for the starting JOB. Cap is not an Issue JP is only 1.5 million if hes NOT hitting his incentives. Holcomb is ONLY $875,000 We can spend under 3 million for a starting QB but I never said he would be starting nor did i state he would be on th eopening day roster. Who do we think will be the Veteran that Marv is going to bring in to compete for the starting Job. Yes he has 2 qbs in europe Im telling you he is going to bting in someone to compete. As well as build up the rest of the team. BRees comes with too high of a price tag and a huge question mark on his shoulder and a draft pick because they wil probably franchise him again.

I think they will bring in Kitna or Huard. However if we could get Brad Johnson I think it would be a lock!