Poison Justice Stevens, Coulter jokes

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"We need somebody to put rat poisoning in Justice Stevens' creme brulee," Coulter said. "That's just a joke, for you in the media."

Who says that Conservatives don't have a sense of humor?  :ph34r:

CNN article

586493[/snapback]

That was a pretty awful thing to say.

That's the type of psychotic nonsense I expect to hear from Michael Savage.

Let's see how much the conservatives on this board laugh when I call for an atomic bomb to drop on George Bush's head.

Oh? Not funny? Well neither is what Coulter said.

Hypocrites. Oh and for the record I don't wish for a bomb to fall on Bush. I want him to to live a long life with his loving wife and children.

"We need somebody to put rat poisoning in Justice Stevens' creme brulee," Coulter said. "That's just a joke, for you in the media."

Who says that Conservatives don't have a sense of humor?  :doh:

CNN article

586493[/snapback]

ROTFLMAO. Whoah, Nelly.

Real box of laughs, that Coulter.

And "creme brulee"? Get it, he's elite! What a set-up. She's still got it.

When's her Comedy Central special? Oooh, I hope it's not edited.

That was a pretty awful thing to say.

That's the type of psychotic nonsense I expect to hear from Michael Savage.

586586[/snapback]

No, that's moving beyond the Michael Savage, Glenn Beck, or Al Franken level of stupidity and into the Randi Rhodes (sp?) level of stupidity.

No, that's moving beyond the Michael Savage, Glenn Beck, or Al Franken level of stupidity and into the Randi Rhodes (sp?) level of stupidity.

586703[/snapback]

I was gonna say, aren't comments like that pretty standard fare on Err America Radio?

Regardless, it's another stupid comment from another idiotic poli-entertainer whose job is to stir up the crowd on both sides.

We'd all be a lot better off if these people were ignored.

Let's see how much the conservatives on this board laugh when I call for an atomic bomb to drop on George Bush's head.

Oh? Not funny?  Well neither is what Coulter said. 

Hypocrites.  Oh and for the record I don't wish for a bomb to fall on Bush.  I want him to to live a long life with his loving wife and children.

586675[/snapback]

Nah -- not funny.

"Nu-cu-lar" instead of atomic, now that would have been funny.

:doh:

Oh? Not funny?  Well neither is what Coulter said. 

Hypocrites.  Oh and for the record I don't wish for a bomb to fall on Bush.  I want him to to live a long life with his loving wife and children.

586675[/snapback]

i don't think its that funny, but then it doesn't make much sense to me.

why drop an atomic bomb on GWs head? It wouldn't even make a dent, there's too much bone in the way

I was gonna say, aren't comments like that pretty standard fare on Err America Radio?

Regardless, it's another stupid comment from another idiotic poli-entertainer whose job is to stir up the crowd on both sides.

We'd all be a lot better off if these people were ignored.

586746[/snapback]

Careful, you might be accused of responding to every bit of news about republican lunacy with a post about how democrats are worse from KRC. Since he is a non-partisan, I'm sure he will be consistent with that kind of criticism.

The problem isn't that Ann Coulter and the rest say these things. The problem is that their books and speaking engagements sell out. People are listening. If she wrote a book and no one bought it, she'd change her tune in a hurry. She has to pay for the furs, the limos and her Manhattan palace somehow.

Funny, as much as she admires the heartland and hates liberal meccas like NYC, LA and the like, she wouldn't be caught dead living there. At least Al Franken was making a nice living long before Air America. If you take this schtick away from Limbaugh, Savage, Hannity, Coulter and the like, what do they have to fall back on? Garofalo and Franken could at least go back to doing stand up and an occasional movie. They do what they do because, for better or worse, they believe in it, not because they needed the cash.

dems hate Coulter because she is successful and good looking. Same with Laura Ingraham. The female commentators they have , to be blunt are ugly. I saw MollyIvins on CSPAN Friday. Either she is very sick or her hatred is eating her up . She looked like a bag lady.

dems can't stand that America is basically Conservative. Limbaugh, et al are successful because they say what the vast majority of America believes and stands for. Even in the liberal bastion of SF, Err America is on the 25th rated station with a few religious stations beating them.

Just as a young kids bite... Seems conservatives have a long history of taking things to a physical level. Do you blame the disclaimer? Now if they have proven themselves to just articulate themselves without any name-calling or physical threats historically... The joke would not be lost on people.

Her words are like giving an convicted axe murder an axe. She is guilty though association and the actions of the past people who took the same ideology.

And now they want the benefit of doubt about their words and joke. I think this applies across the whole board on what they say and do.

It is an ideology thing here... Look at ideology (not just political affliation, because ideology changes and flip flops) historically.

Gee :blink::D

dems hate Coulter because  she is successful and good looking.  Same with Laura Ingraham. The female commentators they have , to be blunt are ugly.  I saw MollyIvins on CSPAN Friday. Either she is very sick or her hatred is eating her up . She looked like a bag lady.

dems can't stand that America is basically Conservative. Limbaugh, et al are successful because they say what the vast majority of America believes and stands for. Even in the liberal bastion of SF, Err America is on the 25th rated station with a few religious stations beating them.

587144[/snapback]

Ya! That is it! Why can't I just admit it? :blink::D

Thanks.

Just as mods here like personal, slanderous and physical attacks.

Again... That must be it Wacka... TSW is just an awesome looking place.

:lol::lol:

Where is the shaking head glyph when you need it?

Sigh.....do you self-righteous folks REALLY want me to pull out the half-assed, lame-brained things pundits on the LEFT have said, starting with that gem Randi Rhodes?

Oh, but I forgot..."that's different."   :blink:

587119[/snapback]

Ya... That is different... And I am serious (like that is a shock).

Historically, folks on the right have acted on their violent words. There are loons on both sides... IMO, again historically... It wasn't the tree-hugging, peace loving, loony liberal that was hanging "strange fruit" from southern trees or killing US presidents.

Thank you Gerald Ford and Ronald Reagan for living!

:D

Ya... That is different... And I am serious (like that is a shock).

Historically, folks on the right have acted on their violent words.  There are loons on both sides... IMO, again historically... It wasn't the tree-hugging, peace loving, loony liberal that was hanging "strange fruit" from southern trees or killing US presidents.

Thank you Gerald Ford and Ronald Reagan for living!

:blink:

587154[/snapback]

EII, come on, there are wack jobs on both ends of the spectrum. The Unabomber didn't kill people? Tree spikers and people that firebomb research labs aren't exactly "peace loving".

It is truly sad that people like Coulter and Rhodes find audiences on the airwaves. They have the right to spew whatever nonsense they want, but there is nothing in the Constitution that says people have to listen to it.

I guess my original point was that a lot of people view Conservative as humorless and full of sh--.

Coulter is not the only one cracking people up. Check out these hilarious bits:

Sen. Ney announced recently that he is running for re-election. ROTFL That was hilarious. :blink:

Bush says that he never met Abramoff. What a side splitter. He even kept a straight face when he said it. :D

Sen. Santorum categorically denies any ties to so-called 'K Street Project'. "I had absolutely nothing to do -- never met, never talked, never coordinated, never did anything -- with Grover Norquist and the -- quote -- K Street Project." Stop it your killing me. :lol:

I need to take a break, my sides are splitting.

EII, come on, there are wack jobs on both ends of the spectrum.  The Unabomber didn't kill people?  Tree spikers and people that firebomb research labs aren't exactly "peace loving".

It is truly sad that people like Coulter and Rhodes find audiences on the airwaves.  They have the right to spew whatever nonsense they want, but there is nothing in the Constitution that says people have to listen to it.

587172[/snapback]

Agree Dave... Double agree. What kind of audience did The Unabomber have?... AC seems to have a greater sane angle... Which could be troubling... And she hones in on prominent (even know not any less an inmportant human) as a SC justice.

She did the right thing by saying it was a joke... She had to... That is all I am arguing about. To say that she didn't have to make a disclaimer is just irresponsible.

Careful, you might be accused of responding to every bit of news about republican lunacy with a post about how democrats are worse from KRC.  Since he is a non-partisan, I'm sure he will be consistent with that kind of criticism.

587123[/snapback]

I'm sure he would, but I didn't say the left was worse. I was just surprised that someone bothered to feign shock over the comment considering the low level of discourse we see on a daily basis. Clearly it's hard to be 'worse' than Rush and Coulter, not that the folks at Air America aren't trying!

The problem isn't that Ann Coulter and the rest say these things.  The problem is that their books and speaking engagements sell out.  People are listening.  If she wrote a book and no one bought it, she'd change her tune in a hurry.  She has to pay for the furs, the limos and her Manhattan palace somehow. 

Oh I agree. It's pretty disturbing when a blatant propaganda film by Michael Moore designed to sway an election is taken as gospel by millions of people, or when Coulter or Franken appear on the best seller list. Maybe we need a board pledge that none of us will ever pay money for any content written or spoken by any of these jackals who pander to the LCD. I certainly would never waste money on a book by Franken, Coulter or the like. You?

Funny, as much as she admires the heartland and hates liberal meccas like NYC, LA and the like, she wouldn't be caught dead living there.  At least Al Franken was making a nice living long before Air America.  If you take this schtick away from Limbaugh, Savage, Hannity, Coulter and the like, what do they have to fall back on?  Garofalo and Franken could at least go back to doing stand up and an occasional movie.  They do what they do because, for better or worse, they believe in it, not because they needed the cash.

587123[/snapback]

What was Al doing for his nice living before? Being an SNL writer and having bit parts in movies? I'm sure he wasn't starving, but it certainly didn't bring the lifestyle that writing best sellers does. Let's not pretend that there's any difference between these two. Otherwise, paragraph 1 of your post becomes a little disingenuous, right?

As for Garofalo, that's always been just funny. A B-list actor and stand up is now a voice for political and global affairs? Who's next, Tina Fey?