Poison Justice Stevens, Coulter jokes

Oh Mickey, it's just so dreamy how sensitive you are. </sarcasm>

589284[/snapback]

Granted, they aren't exactly white power screamers nor are they likely to be implicated in an actual lynching but I think they are bad enough, even if they don't qualify under whatever objective standard there might be for designating it as "hate radio". Scanning the titles to their books, I have to say that the idea that they hate, hate, hate liberals does seem to present itself fairly clearly. What would you call it, tough love? :lol:

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Granted, they aren't exactly white power screamers nor are they likely to be implicated in an actual lynching but I think they are bad enough, even if they don't qualify under whatever objective standard there might be for designating it as "hate radio".  Scanning the titles to their books, I have to say that the idea that they hate, hate, hate liberals does seem to present itself fairly clearly.  What would you call it, tough love? 0:)

589464[/snapback]

Ok, I'll probably ingnite a firestorm with this one, but I don't think any of those crappy radio shows are really preaching "hate" , except for maybe Savage, with his "liberalism is a disease". I don't often listen to those shows, but the once in a while I do, I don't hear them saying anything I would construe as being hate speach. A bit biased maybe, but not hate mongers. I generally get tired of thier one-sided rants and turn it off. I am particularly disappointed with thier failure to be more critical of the illegal immigration issue. I turn it off.

But see, that's the beauty of it. I can just turn the radio off. No one says I have to listen to Rush Limbaugh, or Franken, etc. I wouldn't waste my breath to complain about it being hate speach Mick, I would just ignore them if you don't agree.

To be frank about it, I don't really give a rat's @ss what anyone from either of the two parties have to say about things anymore. So I excersise my right to not listen to them, and wouldn't waste a second of my life banging the war drum against what any of them have to say. Try it, you will feel much better...

Ok, I'll probably ingnite a firestorm with this one, but I don't think any of those crappy radio shows are really preaching "hate" , except for maybe Savage, with his "liberalism is a disease".  I don't often listen to those shows, but the once in a while I do, I don't hear them saying anything I would construe as being hate speach. A bit biased maybe, but not hate mongers. I generally get tired of thier one-sided rants and turn it off. I am particularly disappointed with thier failure to be more critical of the illegal immigration issue. I turn it off.

But see, that's the beauty of it. I can just turn the radio off. No one says I have to listen to Rush Limbaugh, or Franken, etc. I wouldn't waste my breath to complain about it being hate speach Mick, I would just ignore them if you don't agree.

To be frank about it, I don't really give a rat's @ss what anyone from either of the two parties have to say about things anymore. So I excersise my right to not listen to them, and wouldn't waste a second of my life banging the war drum against what any of them have to say. Try it, you will feel much better...

589998[/snapback]

I don't listen to it but I end up having political discussions with people who do, whose political view is shaped by the false realities spewed by that crew. Whether or not it is hate speech is likely a subjective determination so there would be very little to be gained in arguing about it. Reading through all those book titles, you don't see a pretty consistent drum beat about liberal assaults on goodness of one kind or another? I don't know when that kind of noise reaches a level where it becomes dangerous and I hope I never find out. I can turn it off all I want but that doesn't make it go away. Its not just on the radio.

As a proud Democrat and liberal, I will say that I heard Randi Rhodes for the very first time a couple months ago and she was fukking horrid. I really knew nothing about her, and still don't, other than she has that show on Air America. What a piece of schit disguised as a talk show host. It was embarrassing.

As a proud Democrat and liberal, I will say that I heard Randi Rhodes for the very first time a couple months ago and she was fukking horrid. I really knew nothing about her, and still don't, other than she has that show on Air America. What a piece of schit disguised as a talk show host. It was embarrassing.

590144[/snapback]

She is pretty dreadful. Of course, she is also the one who has been considered the best counterpart to Rush, so that pretty much lays it all out on the table.

She is pretty dreadful.  Of course, she is also the one who has been considered the best counterpart to Rush, so that pretty much lays it all out on the table.

590204[/snapback]

Actually, out of the handful of lefties I've heard, I'd say Ed Schultz (sp?) is the closest thing to Rush that the left has. He's with "Mother Jones Radio Network", not Al's one.

Actually, out of the handful of lefties I've heard, I'd say Ed Schultz (sp?) is the closest thing to Rush that the left has.  He's with "Mother Jones Radio Network", not Al's one.

590457[/snapback]

I've heard him a couple of times but he's never been nearly as caustic as Rush. Perhaps it's because I couldn't listen for more than a few minutes (not unlike my experiences with Rush).