Ugh! My wife really needs prayers, good thoughts.

Draconator

My wife's mom is in a assisted living facility, right in the middle of Hollywood. (Next to the Hollywood Bowl). She suffers from dementia. She told the staff that she needed to go see her father (who has been dead for over 40 years). This is a common thing with my wife's mom.

They went to check on her later this morning, and she is missing. They have closed the nursing home, and have gone through it and re-gone through it. They have checked neighboring buildings. Nothing. The fear is that she may have jumped into a cab, without her glasses, purse, coat, etc.

Please keep my wife (Julie) and myself in your thoughts, prayers, etc.

My wife's mom is in a assisted living facility, right in the middle of Hollywood.  (Next to the Hollywood Bowl).  She suffers from dementia.  She told the staff that she needed to go see her father (who has been dead for over 40 years).  This is a common thing with my wife's mom. 

They went to check on her later this morning, and she is missing.  They have closed the nursing home, and have gone through it and re-gone through it.  They have checked neighboring buildings.  Nothing.  The fear is that she may have jumped into a cab, without her glasses, purse, coat, etc.

Please keep my wife (Julie) and myself in your thoughts, prayers, etc.

585695[/snapback]

I don't know if the laws are similar in CA, but contact whoever oversees the home. In NY it's the State Department Of Health, and report what you have here. Also ask if the facility has a wander alert system like Roam Alert, and if they do, why did it fail. Alert the media to. Basically make as much noise as you can till someone is found at fault.

Thank you to whoever cleaned up the mess that was in here earlier. Thank you for all your concerns. My wife's mom was found riding on an L.A. City Bus. The L.A. County Sheriff found her. They're bringing her back to the nursing home, where a new room is being prepared for her in the Altimezher's wing as we speak.

Thank you to whoever cleaned up the mess that was in here earlier.  Thank you for all your concerns.  My wife's mom was found riding on an L.A. City Bus.  The L.A. County Sheriff found her.  They're bringing her back to the nursing home, where a new room is being prepared for her in the Altimezher's wing as we speak.

586078[/snapback]

Serious question, how did she pay the fare?

Thank you to whoever cleaned up the mess that was in here earlier.  Thank you for all your concerns.  My wife's mom was found riding on an L.A. City Bus.  The L.A. County Sheriff found her.  They're bringing her back to the nursing home, where a new room is being prepared for her in the Altimezher's wing as we speak.

586078[/snapback]

That's good news!