Sabres just whooped Toronto

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I am very excited about the Sabres, but those damn Senators keep winning!

Refresh my memory, WNY'ers....I know the Sabres have had some success in the playoffs against Ottawa in the past, but did Buffalo struggle against them in the regular season, in those years? Living far away the last 15 years, I was only ever really able to follow the Sabres in the playoffs, until Center ICE came along...

Refresh my memory, WNY'ers....I know the Sabres have had some success in the playoffs against Ottawa in the past, but did Buffalo struggle against them in the regular season, in those years?  Living far away the last 15 years, I was only ever really able to follow the Sabres in the playoffs, until Center ICE came along...

585283[/snapback]

When Haasek was in net for us we never struggled against the Senators.

Sundin connected twice with punches to the head that were not called.  How can he get away with those and yet the refs call every hook and hold?

585312[/snapback]

My favorite was the call on Max when the Leafs were down 5-on-3 and Sundin clubbed him, Max retaliated, then about 3 Leafs took shots at Max. Not that Max didn't deserve a penalty but so did everyone else involved. The poetic justice was Drury scoring on the 4-on-3 anyway.

Sundin is a B word.

Refresh my memory, WNY'ers....I know the Sabres have had some success in the playoffs against Ottawa in the past, but did Buffalo struggle against them in the regular season, in those years?  Living far away the last 15 years, I was only ever really able to follow the Sabres in the playoffs, until Center ICE came along...

585283[/snapback]

Even the last few years when the Sabres were not playoff worthy and the Sens were very good....the Sabres would always play the Sens tough and win a few. This year has been an oddity. I think Buffalo will play them tough from here on out though.

Few things in this world are more enjoyable than watching the Leafs sulk off the ice.

585170[/snapback]

I posted on the SabresReport forum last night during the game that few things bring more glee than watching Belfour have a meltdown against Bflo.

It was a thing of beauty! :lol:

I haven't seen more than a couple of their games b/c I haven't subscribed to Center Ice, but it's fun looking at the box scores each morning. Can't wait to see them live against the Canes in a couple of weeks.

So tell me, why again did USA Hockey not want Ryan Miller?

So tell me, why again did USA Hockey not want Ryan Miller?

585349[/snapback]

A relatively small body of work due to his injury. Any goalie can get hot for a while, and it wouldn't surprise me if that was what they thought of Miller.

His play since returning just might have proven them wrong.