Sabres just whooped Toronto

Go leafs Go

Go Leafs..

Ah screw it, they really really suck right now.

They are missing three very important people to injury, however they really really suck right now.

585339[/snapback]

And the Sabres and Flyers aren't missing any players due to injury???

Flat out, you said it, the Leafs just suck. Don't make excuses.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

They are missing three very important people to injury, however they really really suck right now.

585339[/snapback]

The Sabres were missing 5 very important people to injury. (And before you say Mair and Pyatt aren't important, remember that the Sabres 4th line was a huge part of their early success, and it hasn't been together since Mair went down)

Tonights game was evidence of how you can't be the Yankees of hockey. You _must_ build talent inside your organization to win in the new NHL, and the Leafs just don't understand that. The Sabres have had guys stepping up from Rochester all year, and we still have several players down there waiting for their chance.

Not while Mike Ricci is still around.  And this is one of the better pictures I've seen of him.

585402[/snapback]

Nice seeing that 8 spot. rag on Puhonix, as hes not only a fins fan, but a leafs fan too.

As for ugly players, no list can go without rod brindamour

That was a different Senators team.  They're a daggum juggernaut this year - 202 GF,  112 GA.

585493[/snapback]

And they own the Sabres...at least up to this point.

I think the reason is simple: Sabres and Sens now are somewhat similar teams in terms of speed etc...but Ottawa simply has more talent...heart can only take teams SO far.

In the Late 90's the Sabres were built differently...and that style matched up well with the Sens.

Nice seeing that 8 spot. rang on Puhonix, as hes not only a fins fan, but a leafs fan too.

585451[/snapback]

Puhonix is a disaster. I don't even have anything to say. Something just seems absolutely foul about supporting BOTH the Fins AND the Queefs. I'm at a loss for words.

If we beat Atlanta that would finish our longerst roadie this year at 4-2...pretty damn good.

I just hope we can avoid Ottawa in the playoffs for a while. That team is the best in hockey, when healthy, and I think it just may be their year.

Still, I love the progress our guys have made. Our team is still so young and I think we're going to be very good for a very long time.

My favorite was the call on Max when the Leafs were down 5-on-3 and Sundin clubbed him, Max retaliated, then about 3 Leafs took shots at Max.  Not that Max didn't deserve a penalty but so did everyone else involved.  The poetic justice was Drury scoring on the 4-on-3 anyway.

Sundin is a B word.

585315[/snapback]

I laughed out loud when I saw the replay and they gave Max the only penalty. The refs were brutal last night as usual.

And they own the Sabres...at least up to this point.

I think the reason is simple:  Sabres and Sens now are somewhat similar teams in terms of speed etc...but Ottawa simply has more talent...heart can only take teams SO far.

In the Late 90's the Sabres were built differently...and that style matched up well with the Sens.

585495[/snapback]

Ottawa is what the Sabres should be in 3-4 years.

And the Sabres and Flyers aren't missing any players due to injury???

Flat out, you said it, the Leafs just suck.  Don't make excuses.

585376[/snapback]

The Sabres were missing 5 very important people to injury.  (And before you say Mair and Pyatt aren't important, remember that the Sabres 4th line was a huge part of their early success, and it hasn't been together since Mair went down)

Tonights game was evidence of how you can't be the Yankees of hockey.  You _must_ build talent inside your organization to win in the new NHL, and the Leafs just don't understand that.  The Sabres have had guys stepping up from Rochester all year, and we still have several players down there waiting for their chance.

585401[/snapback]

Still not making excuses but... :devil: The injuries the Leafs are living with right now would be like the Sabs missing Brier, McKee and Drury all at the same time for an extended period. The Leafs are missing their best two forwards and arguably, one of the best D man in the league. There is no arguing that McCabe is the Leafs MVP. It shows every night without him.

Side note, I also laughed at seeing some of the Sabres arguing the bad calls from the refs. They looked just like the Leafs whining when they get called!!! <_<

Back on center though, the Leafs suck and the GM is an assclown who should have never been given the job.

Go Sabres! ( my 2nd team )

But they didn't hang 81 points on them like Kobe did...  <_<

585178[/snapback]

But what if a cult takes them over and our country invades so that in the third period of the game that other country is angry at us, how would that other country feel when you do something?

Answer the friggin question!

Still not making excuses but...  <_<  The injuries the Leafs are living with right now The Leafs are missing their best two forwards and arguably, one of the best D man in the league.

585547[/snapback]

Sundin played last night, didn't he? Or do you think Lindros is better than Sundin? This ain't 1994.

Sundin played last night, didn't he?  Or do you think Lindros is better than Sundin?  This ain't 1994.

585552[/snapback]

Lindros carried the team while Sundin missed 15 games or so at the start of the season. Sundin is only carrying his strap right now.

Side note, I also laughed at seeing some of the Sabres arguing the bad calls from the refs. They looked just like the Leafs whining when they get called!!!  <_<

585547[/snapback]

Even you would have to admit that no team gets more calls than the Loafs at home, unless it's the Canadiens at home.

Ottawa is what the Sabres should be in 3-4 years.

585541[/snapback]

I think if things goes right it can be in 2 years, it all depends on Regier and Golisano...Golisano must be willing to pony up and pay these guys to keep them together.

The core is very good, to put this all together however, Sabres ned one more stud on the blueline if you ask me.

And for this year, they need another solid C or W who thrives playing even strength, one thing that scares me about the Sabres is their reliance on the PP.

The Leafs are totally gassed. Sundin, Lindros, Domi aren't going to have the legs for 3rd periods. Tampa Bay figured this out with Andreychuk - the Leafs will be fun to beat until they dump half their roster. If they don't make changes in a hurry they'll be out of the playoffs.

I did enjoy the second period pond hockey.