Count Riemersma as one of many who was VERY bitter

Tipster19

It is too bad about Jay because he was I believe at one time a Buffalo favorite. I was discussing earlier tonight with a non Buffalo fan and I was reflecting on how in the past that players who were defecting and players who we were trying to recruit were either very bitter or wanted nothing to do with the organization. It just seemed like that there was some kind of hypocrisy going on. People like Dick LeBeau, who as far as I know never actually said anything but flew out of here ASAP. There were also some classy guys like Larry Centers and Eddie Robinson who left without the best of feelings. Sam Gash wasn't too happy if I remember correctly. Then of course we have had the past/current malcontents like Sam Adams (who when we signed him wanted to end his career in Buffalo), Ted Washington, Pat Williams, Jay of course, and Moulds. I'm just blurting out some people that come to mind but I'm sure that I missed several more. There seemed to be other people that came here on tour and then signed almost immediately elsewhere. I don't know, these people and scenarios , they all kind of left me with a disturbing feeling with their situations. There was also that white secondary guy, I forget his name from the Colts, that came here last year or the year before and just quit like, what, two days later? That one really bothered me. Not because he was so great but it was like he got here and when he looked around he wanted to puke.

I'm sure that I'm getting flamed for this post but did or does anyone else feel like this?

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The manner in which Bledsoe was dumped never sat well with me. I never really thought about the other guys, but yeah, in hindsight there seemed to be a trend. In fairness to TD though, he had to make a lot of tough decisions because of the cap when he first arrived, and I think he did that very well.

As long as there are fans there will be argument and debate about personnel decisions, play calling, and the rest of it. But as skeptical as I am about Marv as a GM, I really like the idea of bringing everyone together and moving forward together. Hopefully they're able to achieve that - it's why I think they went with Jauron.

As an aside, I saw today that Riemersma's agent announced he was retiring. He hasn't been able to get over his Achilles tear from over a year ago. I was a big fan of his during his time in Bflo.

Riemersma article link

I don't know, I think what I meant was the way the players felt about the organization and area and then when they left they were very bitter towards the administration. This just seemed different than other organizations who made business decisions and cuts. This Donahoe was kind of like, well, a weasel? Yea, that's it exactly, a weasel! You know, backstabber. Two faced. Adjectives like these. Hey, maybe I'm wrong, I've been before. I was just wondering if anyone else felt like this at one time or another during Donahoe's reign.

You actually bring up a good point that was stewing somewhere in the utility closet of my mind.

We seem to increasingly have people who, upon leaving, make some comments on the way out. Pat Williams and Drew Bledsoe come to mind. There was a moment when I felt like the people leaving were pissed for one reason or another, but of course I change my mind because they're some spoiled, rich athlete who didn't get what they wanted from Ralph so they got it somewhere else, allowing many of us to say "Ahhh, they sucked anyway."

But I see Adams getting nuts and I see Moulds getting nuts, and let's face it...when Moulds is getting nuts, you've gotta figure something is !@#$ed up.

Doesn't matter, really. New GM and Coach means nothing but opportunity.

It is too bad about Jay because he was I believe at one time a Buffalo favorite. I was discussing earlier tonight with a non Buffalo fan and I was reflecting on how in the past that players who were defecting and players who we were trying to recruit were either very bitter or wanted nothing to do with the organization. It just seemed like that there was some kind of hypocrisy going on. People like Dick LeBeau, who as far as I know never actually said anything but flew out of here ASAP. There were also some classy guys like Larry Centers and Eddie Robinson who left without the best of feelings. Sam Gash wasn't too happy if I remember correctly. Then of course we have had the past/current malcontents like Sam Adams (who when we signed him wanted to end his career in Buffalo), Ted Washington, Pat Williams, Jay of course, and Moulds. I'm just blurting out some people that come to mind but I'm sure that I missed several more. There seemed to be other people that came here on tour and then signed almost immediately elsewhere. I don't know, these people and scenarios , they all kind of left me with a disturbing feeling with their situations. There was also that white secondary guy, I forget his name from the Colts, that came here last year or the year before and just quit like, what, two days later? That one really bothered me. Not because he was so great but it was like he got here and when he looked around he wanted to puke.

I'm sure that I'm getting flamed for this post but did or does anyone else feel like this?

582805[/snapback]

some of those guys were bums too: never forget eddie robinson getting faked out of his jock completely by chad pennington for a TD - pathetic. sam adams either isnt the player he used to be or never was the player bills thought he was. point is, every time a player is PO'd at bills doesn't mean they're correct. biggest loss on that list i'll concede is pat williams -- he had a monster year in minnesota and our run defense went into the tank, defense #3 to #29! unbelievable it could fall that much from the loss of really only one guy on defense.

The point is, I never remembered SO many players being SO bitter about our front office. I believe that they still thought well of the fans, area and franchise just not the staff.

You know shame on me too because when these and other incidents were happening I choose to look the other way or to ignore it, even though it would leave me with an uneasy feeling. How pathetic it is when you compromise your beliefs. I'm alittle let down or disappointed with this Jauron hiring but in hindsight I think I should retract it. The early reports are that players respect him and we all know how players feel about Marv. I think that this just might be a nice change of pace, you know, having harmony and respect in the organization. Could this possibly be what they mean when they say chemistry? I sure hope so, I think the fans could sure use this kind of relief.

The manner in which Bledsoe was dumped never sat well with me.  I never really thought about the other guys, but yeah, in hindsight there seemed to be a trend.  In fairness to TD though, he had to make a lot of tough decisions because of the cap when he first arrived, and I think he did that very well.

582825[/snapback]

TD was a good cap manager, but made terrible personnel decisions. He did get the Bills out of a bad cap situation, but it didn't take him very long. Once they were out of it, he still tried to get bargain-basement talent and let the coaches try and work miracles. This puts everyone in a bad situation.

My feeling after 2004 was to open up the QB competition in camp between Bledsoe and JP and let the best man win. It just seemed bizarre to me that the management handed JP the job - in February - with virtually nothing to base it on. I can't say whether that was a Mularkey thing or a Donahoe thing, but either way, it was clearly the wrong move.

I can list the other personnel snafus and questionable draft picks by Donahoe, but I'd be here all night.

TD was a good cap manager, but made terrible personnel decisions. He did get the Bills out of a bad cap situation, but it didn't take him very long. Once they were out of it, he still tried to get bargain-basement talent and let the coaches try and work miracles. This puts everyone in a bad situation.

Excellent point andy.

You actually bring up a good point that was stewing somewhere in the utility closet of my mind.

We seem to increasingly have people who, upon leaving, make some comments on the way out. Pat Williams and Drew Bledsoe come to mind. There was a moment when I felt like the people leaving were pissed for one reason or another, but of course I change my mind because they're some spoiled, rich athlete who didn't get what they wanted from Ralph so they got it somewhere else, allowing many of us to say "Ahhh, they sucked anyway."

But I see Adams getting nuts and I see Moulds getting nuts, and let's face it...when Moulds is getting nuts, you've gotta figure something is !@#$ed up.

Doesn't matter, really. New GM and Coach means nothing but opportunity.

582843[/snapback]

The attitude of the individual when faced with a new situation is a key to their character.

Read any "Dilbert" book to see what happens to people when are confronted with "change"

My feeling after 2004 was to open up the QB competition in camp between Bledsoe and JP and let the best man win. It just seemed bizarre to me that the management handed JP the job - in February - with virtually nothing to base it on. I can't say whether that was a Mularkey thing or a Donahoe thing, but either way, it was clearly the wrong move.

I can list the other personnel snafus and questionable draft picks by Donahoe, but I'd be here all night.

582854[/snapback]

you have to factor media & fan pressure into the bledsoe release. the press & media were relentness in their criticism of "Bledslow." and his last game against the Steelers 3rd team at home where a win gets us in and he throws up one lame duck after another really was the nail in the coffin. the feeling was we can't get to the playoffs with this slow veteran, so lets go in the exact opposite direction: a mobile inexperienced guy.

you have to factor media & fan pressure into the bledsoe release.  the press & media were relentness in their criticism of "Bledslow." and his last game against the Steelers 3rd team at home where a win gets us in and he throws up one lame duck after another really was the nail in the coffin. the feeling was we can't get to the playoffs with this slow veteran, so lets go in the exact opposite direction: a mobile inexperienced guy.

582868[/snapback]

D.B. is used up

Parcells dressed him up a little - but the result was the same

I hope Favre was watching

Lord knows that I'm not that educated but I'm not disputing that some of these players shouldn't have been cut when they were, just about the way they were.

582872[/snapback]

Everyone is expendable

Some just get signing bonuses (and get to keep them)

It's a cut throat business - you know it going in - if you aren't listening to Rosenhaus