Ralph is getting whalloped on espn radio

nodnarb

and even i'm cracking up.

Someone needs to tell ralph to step away. that last press conference was the clincher. He has two marbles left. He doesn't know what day it is. And he wants to take a more active role? Please, Marv. Advise him to play his octogenarian tennis and forget about making any more appearances. We're trying to attract free agents, for god's sake.

That "joke" he told is being repeated and repeated...followed by "is this a monday?"

and they're juxtaposing what's going on in Buffalo with what's going on in Miami.

It's both funny and depressing.

Someone needs to tell ralph to step away. that last press conference was the clincher. He has two marbles left. He doesn't know what day it is. And he wants to take a more active role? Please, Marv. Advise him to play his octogenarian tennis and forget about making any more appearances. We're trying to attract free agents, for god's sake.

That "joke" he told is being repeated and repeated...followed by "is this a monday?"

and they're juxtaposing what's going on in Buffalo with what's going on in Miami.

581642[/snapback]

I just heard it and was thinking the same thing....

They were BRUTAL to Ralphie :D

That's Cowherd. He HATES anything old.

But he does have a point. The Marv hire was probably the least effective hire in Bills history, at least on its face. It may turn out to be brilliant. But the point Cowherd's always making is that football is a young man's game, which it is.

The only reason I ahrdly listen to the guy is that he's a Pete Carroll ballwasher. No matter how many Colelge championships that ignorant bastard wins, I'll ALWAYS think of huim as the NFL's Fredo.

EDIT: Now that I think of it, he's also a Nick Saban ballwasher, and he thinks any town that's cold weather is for sh--. He's Jim Rome lite.

581642[/snapback]

Two marbles is more then enough to take on ESPN radio.

Not that I'm going to sound any better at the age of 87(assuming I make it that long :D ) BUT...

after listening to his recent press conferences, I'd feel much better if RW had come out and said that except for attending the games, he is going to have very little to do with the football operations side of the business.

Maybe we all didn't get the real joke Ralph was telling. Maybe the joke was him acting like he doesn't know whats going on to take a shot at the people who keep saying he is too old and senile.

581726[/snapback]

Of course that's what it is. But it'd be to hard to explain that to the ESPN on-air talent without using crayons.

Colin Cowherd is the biggest blowhard I've ever heard...if he thinks something is funny he repeats it and repeats it and repeats it...CC<RJ. :D

581760[/snapback]

It doesn't have to be funny. If he gets any kind of thought in his head, original or not, he repeats it. Over and over and over, ad nauseum. It's the only way he can fill the ten minutes of air time out of every twenty before the next SportsCenter update.

He really made a great point when someone e-mailed him a while back complaining that Lenny P and Gazoo were ripping on the Bills' hiring of Levy because they're just Donohoe cronies. He said he was going on air to "defend" his ESPN mates. His only defense, however, was cracking jokes about how old Levy and Wilson are.

I now prefer riding to work in silence in my car than listening to this jackass.

could somone be nice and tell me what ralph did? i did not get to watch the pc, and so right now my best guess is that he made some joke about paris hilton being a whore or something.

581914[/snapback]

He wasn't sure what day of the week it was when the press conference was starting.

He wasn't sure what day of the week it was when the press conference was starting.

581930[/snapback]

He told some joke (which no one got) about being in Brussels on Tuesday. Then he asked is it Monday? (don't reference movies where none of the people are alive anymore). Add to that he's 87 years old, and sounds it. ESPN overlaid his comments with Burgess Meredith's from Grumpy Old Men. It was really funny, whether this ESPN guy has talent or not.

could somone be nice and tell me what ralph did? i did not get to watch the pc, and so right now my best guess is that he made some joke about paris hilton being a whore or something.

581914[/snapback]

he tried to make a joke about what day of the week it was..."is it Monday?"...but it flopped...some people interprete this as senility...it was simply poor timing...but he sure takes a long time to say something....

That's Cowherd. He HATES anything old.

But he does have a point. The Marv hire was probably the least effective hire in Bills history, at least on its face. It may turn out to be brilliant. But the point Cowherd's always making is that football is a young man's game, which it is.

581653[/snapback]

A young man's game? That statement is irrational.

Levy was a hall of fame coach at a fairly old age- as was Vermeil, Shula, Schottenheimer, Carson, Parcells, Gibbs, Marchiobroda, etc......

That is just a discriminatory statementmade by people who want to simplify things to absolutes- which always makes statements incorrect.

Young or old,if the person has leadership ability, they will get things done

A young man's game? That statement is irrational.

Levy was a hall of fame coach at a fairly old age- as was Vermeil, Shula, Schottenheimer, Carson, Parcells, Gibbs, Marchiobroda, etc......

That is just a discriminatory statementmade by people who want to simplify things to absolutes- which always makes statements incorrect.

Young or old,if the person has leadership ability, they will get things done

581964[/snapback]

Indeed. Marv was in his SIXTIES when he got it done as a coach> he's now in his 80s. There's a big difference.

Indeed. Marv was in his SIXTIES when he got it done as a coach> he's now in his 80s. There's a big difference.

581966[/snapback]

Not really. Given the same amount of talent, he could have similar results.

Saying its a young mans game is saying you should pander to the athletes, and let them run the team....basically forcing a wrong philosophy on people. Athletes are there to do what they're told, and should keep their mouths shut

he tried to make a joke about what day of the week it was..."is it Monday?"...but it flopped...some people interprete this as senility...it was simply poor timing...but he sure              takes              a                long time              to                    say                something....

581962[/snapback]

That's exactly what I saw as well. The joke bombed, and he did something of an aside with the "Is it Monday?" To suggest he got a bit senile on stage because of this is to say that Willis McGahee held a press conference to announce to everyone that he is the best back in the league.

Honestly, why do any you waste your time with sports media. Chris Berman and Tom Jackson are the only two people who know how to report on our sport. Everyone else should either be ignored or the the crap e-bullied out of them.

I'm probably in the vast minority, but I think Ralph gets a bum rap about senility, etc.

For these pressers the last few weeks, I've mostly heard them on the radio. He does sound pretty old, etc. - with the clearing of the throat, etc. But, when I've seen the same thing on TV, he comes across much better.

I can't believe Brad last night, Colin today (who I both like) would make a deal about "If it's Tuesday, it must be Brussels." I've heard that type of expression many times - people use it when they are in a whirlwind and you don't know whether you are coming or going. If that makes me old at 43, so be it.

It's unfortunate that Ralph's voice doesn't make his presentation sound too good, but I think he's got all his marbles. And, most of his jokes got a lot of laughs the last few weeks. Even Shoop said right after the first presser that "that was the greatest p.c. of all time!" For example, Sully asking a question and Ralph saying "every time you ask a question, I have to increase my Prozac."