I don't feel all that bad about jauron now

Corp000085

Listen, hiring sherman over jauron would not have automatically made the bills the AFC champions next year. Hiring jauron over sherman will not automatically make the bills the #1 draft pick next year either. I'll give this guy a fair shake heading into next season. I'm interested in who he brings in on the offensive side of the ball. I've got a feeling it will be sam wyche though. In the press conference, DJ did not come out and make stupid comments like GW did, or sound like an idiot like MM did. He said that hte fans will be passionate when the bills win (true), he knows how to take the heat from the fanbase, and he'll try his best to produce a winner. What more can you ask of the guy? I think DJ is an upgrade over MM, and depending on whom he hires as his coordinators and how well the players like DJ, the bills could be decent next year.

I still feel pretty bad, I wont lie.

BUT he didnt seem to be bothered at all by the criticism the fans and the press have dumped on him in just the last 24 hours since the news broke...I have to respect that about him that he wont tuck tail and run like Mularkey when the going gets tough.

What I didn't like, which I know means nothing in the long run, was that he doesn't seem confident. He said over and over and over, "and hopefully you'll win". Again, it means nothing, but that sounds like a guy that has mediocre all over him. Rather than a guy that his players will kill to win for.

BUT he didnt seem to be bothered at all by the criticism the fans and the press have dumped on him in just the last 24 hours since the news broke...I

580374[/snapback]

He's a guy who knows how to handle failure, that's for sure. Sort of Kent Dorfman-like.

I still feel pretty bad, I wont lie.

BUT he didnt seem to be bothered at all by the criticism the fans and the press have dumped on him in just the last 24 hours since the news broke...I have to respect that about him that he wont tuck tail and run like Mularkey when the going gets tough.

580374[/snapback]

if you could seperate yourself from everything that we know on the "behind the scenes" stuff and just look, the guy sounded pretty level headed and intelligent. Not bad at all, which is all i ask at this point.

Listen, hiring sherman over jauron would not have automatically made the bills the AFC champions next year.  Hiring jauron over sherman will not automatically make the bills the #1 draft pick next year either.  I'll give this guy a fair shake heading into next season.  I'm interested in who he brings in on the offensive side of the ball.  I've got a feeling it will be sam wyche though.  In the press conference, DJ did not come out and make stupid comments like GW did, or sound like an idiot like MM did.  He said that hte fans will be passionate when the bills win (true), he knows how to take the heat from the fanbase, and he'll try his best to produce a winner.  What more can you ask of the guy?  I think DJ is an upgrade over MM, and depending on whom he hires as his coordinators and how well the players like DJ, the bills could be decent next year.

580354[/snapback]

Well said...thank you. Maybe the most objective post of the day.

What I didn't like, which I know means nothing in the long run, was that he doesn't seem confident. He said over and over and over, "and hopefully you'll win". Again, it means nothing, but that sounds like a guy that has mediocre all over him. Rather than a guy that his players will kill to win for.

580378[/snapback]

True...but our last two coaches came out and were overflowing with that "GO TEAM!" crap during their first press conferences, and look how they turned out. Maybe having a reserved head coach isn't such a bad thing.

NFL Sirius just reported that they have retained the remaining 9 asst. coaches.

580393[/snapback]

I would say thats kind of BS. They are all under contract yet, so they are still with the team. However, DJ just said the the press conference that they will talk with all of them before any decisions are made.

Listen, hiring sherman over jauron would not have automatically made the bills the AFC champions next year.  Hiring jauron over sherman will not automatically make the bills the #1 draft pick next year either.  I'll give this guy a fair shake heading into next season.  I'm interested in who he brings in on the offensive side of the ball.  I've got a feeling it will be sam wyche though.  In the press conference, DJ did not come out and make stupid comments like GW did, or sound like an idiot like MM did.  He said that hte fans will be passionate when the bills win (true), he knows how to take the heat from the fanbase, and he'll try his best to produce a winner.  What more can you ask of the guy?  I think DJ is an upgrade over MM, and depending on whom he hires as his coordinators and how well the players like DJ, the bills could be decent next year.

580354[/snapback]

One things for sure, Sherman's Packers last year suffered key losses thru FA, injuries, and declining play from Favire, who has really carried that team heavily on his shoulders the past 4-5 years. Last year, Favre could no longer perform magic with lack of talent around him, and possibly declining skills.

With that said, look at their record for 2005. Pretty darn bad. Sherman clearly wasn't a miracle worker last year....

True...but our last two coaches came out and were overflowing with that "GO TEAM!" crap during their first press conferences, and look how they turned out.  Maybe having a reserved head coach isn't such a bad thing.

580399[/snapback]

I don't think Mularkey sounded like that at all. GW surely did, and it bit him in the ass. My preference would be somewhere in the middle. I guess I just don't like that "hopefully" we'll win. I would prefer, we work hard, we do the right things, and we win. But again, it really means nothing.

True...but our last two coaches came out and were overflowing with that "GO TEAM!" crap during their first press conferences, and look how they turned out.  Maybe having a reserved head coach isn't such a bad thing.

580399[/snapback]

I agree - I posted this in another thread:

This is a small point - but I liked the fact that Jauron didn't pander to the fans. Instead of "rah rah this is the best organization blah blah" - he said the NFL is the best league and there are a lot of great franchises and this is one of them. Then at the end he was set up perfectly to say "rah rah Bills fans are the most passionate and the best in the world blah blah" again put the perspective on the leage and tha game and the overall fan base. He actually impressed me with that last answer - when the question basically was - "Everyone thinks you suck - how will you handle people hating you?"

I will say this... if, in fact, Wyche is retained and promoted to OC, I feel REALLY good about this hire. Say what you will about the staffs around the AFC East and how we'll get outcoached, etc. BUT, Sam Wyche is flat out one of the best offensive minds there is, PERIOD. And, if April is retained, I think we're superior at the staff positions of OC and ST to any team in the division. How much will that mean overall in the long run? Maybe not enough to be a difference, but I think that coaching staff, if it takes that shape, could hold its own.

I think by saying "hopefully" we win is better than saying "we do this, we do that, we call A, we audible to B, and we win". Tell that to the houston texans, who probably thought they did a lot of things right. Hopefully we win is a true statement spoken from the heart, not the book of politically correct non-inflamintory answers.

SAM Wyche will not be the OC. The guy has heath problems that will keep him from being promoted to a position were he will have to do alot more talking and alot more work.

580464[/snapback]

That was the story when he came here, but that's not been the latest speculation around NFL circles that have suggested Wyche would, in fact, be able to take over the position if it were offered. Who knows what the situation really is, I, like everyone else just go by the media reports and rumors we get, but apparently his vocal situation isn't something that would hamper him from taking on the role as previously thought.

I knew this would happen......and I am glad that I was right. I told you that if you just listen tot he guy and not jump to conclusions, you would actually want to give him a chance.

I admit, he wasn't my first choice, but that is OK. It is not the end of the world and surprise, we might even get better!!!!

Wasn't it nice to actually listen to a guy that could formulate a sentence without having to think about it? The man actually spoke in complete sentences and he was easy to understand!!! We haven't had that here in 9 years since Levy was coach!

Everyone needs to relax a bit, take a step back, and give the guy a chance to succeed. Don't run him out of town before his first day on the job is over. Give the guy a chance and you just may be surprised!