Martz on Dan Patrick

Martz as per always is an idiot

1.) Sherman get $3.25 Mil next year from the Packers. If he is paid by another team it goes to the packers until it goes over 3.25. Thus, a team could structure the deal based on how much Green Bay is obligated to pay.

2.) Don't forget, Mularkey's resignation put $3 mil in Wilson's pocket

3.) Wilson said "money is no object".

errr...well.....2 out of 3 ain't bad :o

1.) Sherman get $3.25 Mil next year from the Packers. If he is paid by another team it goes to the packers until it goes over 3.25. Thus, a team could structure the deal based on how much Green Bay is obligated to pay.

574404[/snapback]

i've asked about this before, but never received a solid confirmation that this is how it actually works when someone takes another head coaching job. are there links?

My friend is Joe Vitt's sister.  He was the interim coach for the Rams.  She told me that Martz was a crazy meddler when he was told to stay away from the Rams this year.  He would call Joe's house at all hours.

574429[/snapback]

i beleive it....really i do

My friend is Joe Vitt's sister.  He was the interim coach for the Rams.  She told me that Martz was a crazy meddler when he was told to stay away from the Rams this year.  He would call Joe's house at all hours.

574429[/snapback]

I read that Martz called the Rams staff and told them all that since he was asked to "stay away" that none of them should come to work either. :o

Crazy stuff. :D

Martz is just rationalizing why nobody is interested.  I wouldn't want Martz as the Bills HC if he paid me cash for the privilage.

574414[/snapback]

The Bills are interviewing Dom Capers, who is good for what? Four wins per season? Dick Jauron, a 6-10 type coach?

Martz has a .600+ winning percentage and didn't do it on the coattails of any one player, like Sherman did with Favre. I don't care if he's a flake, the guy wins. He routinely took apart Mike Holmgren year after year, his Rams rallied to put Belichick on the ropes in the Super Bowl, and he's not good enough for this sorry organization?

Martz has a .600+ winning percentage and didn't do it on the coattails of any one player, like Sherman did with Favre.

574909[/snapback]

He took a very talented team and in four years ran it into the ground while playing in the weakest division in football. But we can pretend he's a good coach because it's convenient.

574429[/snapback]

According to coffee boy Peter King, Ralph was calling TD and Mularkey all the time and taking away from their work. So, maybe Martz and Ralph would be perfect together

Martz as per always is an idiot

2.) Don't forget, Mularkey's resignation put $3 mil in Wilson's pocket

3.) Wilson said "money is no object".

errr...well.....2 out of 3 ain't bad :(

574404[/snapback]

i doubt mm walked away from 3 million...something was worked out--unless mm is the biggest moron ever on planet earth.

i doubt mm walked away from 3 million...something was worked out--unless mm is the biggest moron ever on planet earth.

575044[/snapback]

Well, he walked away from a HC job to interview with the Falcons to be Mike Vicks QB coach. Nothing like setting yourself up for failure for being the next excuse for Vick as to why he can't play from the pocket.

He took a very talented team and in four years ran it into the ground while playing in the weakest division in football.  But we can pretend he's a good coach because it's convenient.

574922[/snapback]

What I liked best about Martz was his dedication to special teams and defense during his tenure with the Rams. :(

There was no greater moment for Bobby April, I'm sure, than watching the Bills' ST absolutely annihilate the Rams in 2004.

The worst part is that he would really be a damn good OC if his ego wasn't the size of Missouri.

What I liked best about Martz was his dedication to special teams and defense during his tenure with the Rams.  :(

There was no greater moment for Bobby April, I'm sure, than watching the Bills' ST absolutely annihilate the Rams in 2004.

The worst part is that he would really be a damn good OC if his ego wasn't the size of Missouri.

575075[/snapback]

I watched a complete interveiw with him last night on Quite Frankly. He came off as being WAY to nice and undisciplined to be a head coach. He was almost begging for someone to recognize him. It was pathetic.