The OFFICIAL American Idol 2006 Thread

Rico

• Replies 898
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

two in particular that i can think of.    :)

693443[/snapback]

Is it just me, or did McFunBags seem jealous of the attention received by Elliot and Spazz on their trips home? She mentioned that her crowds were not as big as theirs.

I did not think that the producers would allow Spazz to win (he does not have the "look"), but it looks like he might just take it. Of the two remaining, he is definitely the best overall performer. McFunBags may have the better voice, but she is still too inconsistent each week. I also think that people are getting a little tired of the "how dare you criticize me" look she gives when hearing the judges opinions after each song. Spazz should win. Whether he actually does is a different story.

I did not think that the producers would allow Spazz to win (he does not have the "look"),

693451[/snapback]

I agree that she should win because she can be molded into a pop star ala Kelly Clarkson, but as far as Taylor goes, he has the look as much as Rueben did 2 years ago. He will probably become a big star whether he wins or not because he already has a rabid fan following. They'll make a fortune just by selling Soul Patrol t-shirts and merchandise let alone the cd's.

Is it just me, or did McFunBags seem jealous of the attention received by Elliot and Spazz on their trips home? She mentioned that her crowds were not as big as theirs.

I did not think that the producers would allow Spazz to win (he does not have the "look"), but it looks like he might just take it. Of the two remaining, he is definitely the best overall performer. McFunBags may have the better voice, but she is still too inconsistent each week. I also think that people are getting a little tired of the "how dare you criticize me" look she gives when hearing the judges opinions after each song. Spazz should win. Whether he actually does is a different story.

693451[/snapback]

That is what I'm getting tired of myself. She seems to be getting worse as the show goes on. :)

if taylor hicks loses they will say Kat had an unfair advantage.

i don't know if this happened to anyone else but by the time they came back from a bunch of commercials, Taylor was half way through his final song.

i don't know if this happened to anyone else but by the time they came back from a bunch of commercials, Taylor was half way through his final song.

696880[/snapback]

Not here, they showed it all. I don't think it matters though, she butchered that last song so badly my ears still hurt...that was awful. :lol:

Not here, they showed it all. I don't think it matters though, she butchered that last song so badly my ears still hurt...that was awful. :)

696883[/snapback]

She sure did....that's the thing about Kat....she's very inconsistent. She'll be brilliant for one song, but then average the next.

Taylor's got this in the bag :lol:

Taylor's got this in the bag :)

696893[/snapback]

The overnight results are in...

looks like a landslide for the Spazz!!! :lol:

Can't wait for the coronation tonight, Lost will be recorded for future viewing as usual. ;)

696880[/snapback]

I'm guessing all East coasters get the same live feed, and his song was cut off here. If he does lose, all the beeaatches will wine about it being unfair. Like they do every year when their favorite is eliminated. :lol:

I'm guessing all East coasters get the same live feed, and his song was cut off here.  If he does lose, all the beeaatches will wine about it being unfair.  Like they do every year when their favorite is eliminated.   :lol:

696949[/snapback]

Nothing was cut on my Fox HD feed in Baltimore... haven't seen this mentioned anywhere but in here, hopefully it was just an isolated incident. And yes, I will whine like a beeyoytch! :)

GO SPAZZ!

Nothing was cut on my Fox HD feed in Baltimore... haven't seen this mentioned anywhere but in here, hopefully it was just an isolated incident. And yes, I will whine like a beeyoytch! :lol:

GO SPAZZ!

696950[/snapback]

I saw the full performance here in Philly. IMO, he did not do a good job in the beginning of the song, so it is probably for the best that not everyone saw it. By the middle of the song, he sounded better.

Nothing was cut on my Fox HD feed in Baltimore... haven't seen this mentioned anywhere but in here, hopefully it was just an isolated incident. And yes, I will whine like a beeyoytch! :lol:

GO SPAZZ!

696950[/snapback]

I didn't realize I was in the company of HD royalty. Does Mcfunnbags look more, "defined" in HD? :)

I didn't realize I was in the company of HD royalty.  Does Mcfunnbags look more, "defined" in HD?  :)

696972[/snapback]

Yeah, but when I freeze-frame, a progress bar pops-up & cuts off the bottom of the screen. :lol:

Yeah, but when I freeze-frame, a progress bar pops-up & cuts off the bottom of the screen. :lol:

696976[/snapback]

Why are you freezing the frames? Is this headed down a morning JO session path? :)

turns out it was just the Rochester market (Fox 31) that got the first part of the final Taylor Hicks song cut off. someone either sold some extra advertising or just scheduled their ad time poorly.

somewhere along the way someone is getting their arse chewed out pretty good this morning. :lol:

This is so over for McFunBags.

It seemed like she just expected it to be handed to her without any scrutiny, or criticism.

She'll do OK in the future.

697056[/snapback]

Her new single SUCKED! Taylor's wasn't much better. The bright spot is they will both disappear from the landscape after tonight :lol:

Both of the "new singles" were horrendous last night. Songs seemed to be composed by Marketing "gurus" and not musicians.

I thought the two were even going into the new songs, then Kat (after I backed her abilities last week) sang out of key no less than 5 times during the new song. :lol:

Got this little tid bit from A Washington Post article:

Host Ryan Seacrest reminds viewers they will have "at least four hours to vote."

How long exactly is "at least four hours?" If someone votes 12 hours later, will his vote still be counted? Something smells fishy here. :lol:

HMMMMMMMMM

CRAZY Dave !!  <_<

697487[/snapback]

DAMMIT, did I miss Crazy DAve?????? I just got home and turned it on :P

Congrats Spazz American Idol!

Soul Patrol! <_<

697544[/snapback]

"Come on, America! I'm livin' the American dream!" -Spazz

You gotta be happy for the guy....people can say what they want about this show, but this was one heckuva finale. How can you not love a local Alabama bar singer turning into a star?? What's not to love about that?

SOUL PATROL, BABY!!!!!!!!!

ps. Brokenote Cowboys :P:P;);)

"Come on, America!  I'm livin' the American dream!"  -Spazz

You gotta be happy for the guy....people can say what they want about this show, but this was one heckuva finale. How can you not love a local Alabama bar singer turning into a star?? What's not to love about that? 

SOUL PATROL, BABY!!!!!!!!!

ps. Brokenote Cowboys  :P  :P  ;)  ;)

697549[/snapback]

What about Clay Aiken and his "fan", WTF? <_<;)

Prince. :)

Crazy Dave falling off the stage and almost killing someone in the front row. :lol:

And the beloved Spazz winning it all...

Best Finale Ever.

Only thing missing was a FaFu appearance. :(

What about Clay Aiken and his "fan"?  :P :P

Prince. ;)

Crazy Dave falling off the stage and almost killing someone in the front row. ;)

And the beloved Spazz winning it all...

Best Finale Ever.

Only thing missing was a FaFu appearance. :)

697561[/snapback]

I missed Crazy Dave.. <_<

The Clay Aiken thing was hilarious, lol.....I was dyin' with the Brokenote thing, even though I saw it the first time......but they actually might be on to something! They should milk that schtick and pull a Hung!

Prince was a nice surprise, but you could tell he wasn't interested in much other than his 2-song set, lol.....Seacrest started walking toward the stage and Prince turned around and headed out ;)

Definitely an awesome show, though.....well, at least the 2nd hour :lol: