Easterbrook on the Bills

This week's Easterbrook's Tuesday Morning Quarterback comment on the Bills

Coach Cheney Would Have the Quarterback Line Up in an Undisclosed Location: New Bills' general manager Marv Levy is interviewing head-coach candidates, but initially declined to take himself out of running for the post. On an exclusive basis, TMQ has learned the first screening question Levy planned to ask candidates was, "Have you been inducted into the Pro Football Hall of Fame as a coach?" There is precedent for running a selection process, then choosing yourself. Recall that in 2000, Dick Cheney was chosen to interview possible vice-presidential running mates for George W. Bush, and reported to Bush that the best possible running mate was none other than Richard Cheney. Perhaps Levy could name Cheney as the Bills' coach, while Levy assumes the Vice Presidency. Cheney would be overheard on the Buffalo sideline screaming, "What do you mean I'm not allowed to order an air strike against the other team's bench?"

Memo to Marv Levy: one way to create a sense of optimism about return to glory would be to ditch the Bills' new uniforms, ugliest in the league, and return to the handsome red, white and flag blue look of the team's Super Bowl run. Not to put too fine a point on it, but red, white and flag blue is the single most successful color scheme in world history. Can it be coincidence Buffalo's recent woe has coincided with the switch from handsome uniforms to unsightly duds? Buffalos' new road uniforms resemble children's pajamas, while the new home uniforms make the Bills look walking bridge abutments. It's known that owner Ralph Wilson dislikes the new uniforms. Marv, just switch back. All will be forgiven!

This week's Easterbrook's Tuesday Morning Quarterback comment on the Bills

Coach Cheney Would Have the Quarterback Line Up in an Undisclosed Location: New Bills' general manager Marv Levy is interviewing head-coach candidates, but initially declined to take himself out of running for the post. On an exclusive basis, TMQ has learned the first screening question Levy planned to ask candidates was, "Have you been inducted into the Pro Football Hall of Fame as a coach?" There is precedent for running a selection process, then choosing yourself. Recall that in 2000, Dick Cheney was chosen to interview possible vice-presidential running mates for George W. Bush, and reported to Bush that the best possible running mate was none other than Richard Cheney. Perhaps Levy could name Cheney as the Bills' coach, while Levy assumes the Vice Presidency. Cheney would be overheard on the Buffalo sideline screaming, "What do you mean I'm not allowed to order an air strike against the other team's bench?"

Memo to Marv Levy: one way to create a sense of optimism about return to glory would be to ditch the Bills' new uniforms, ugliest in the league, and return to the handsome red, white and flag blue look of the team's Super Bowl run. Not to put too fine a point on it, but red, white and flag blue is the single most successful color scheme in world history. Can it be coincidence Buffalo's recent woe has coincided with the switch from handsome uniforms to unsightly duds? Buffalos' new road uniforms resemble children's pajamas, while the new home uniforms make the Bills look walking bridge abutments. It's known that owner Ralph Wilson dislikes the new uniforms. Marv, just switch back. All will be forgiven!

571070[/snapback]

Totally agree with his point regarding the uniforms.

Q: does Easterbrook ever innovate in his column?

Good God, man, we get it about the uniforms already.

571089[/snapback]

There's a reason it keeps coming up, you know. Like, as in, the uniforms suck ass.

I tried really hard to like them. I did. But as soon as I saw the throwbacks on opening day all was lost.

If Ralph and Marv are smart about this, they'll put the new duds in the incinerator as a symbolic burial of the last five years.

Bring back the throwbacks for good!

how'd you guys feel about throw backs full time?

i'd dig it myself

571109[/snapback]

Definately. Maybe with a few tweaks here and there and definately blue pants for the road uniforms.

As far as having bigger concerns than the uniforms to worry about not really. That's Levy's problem right now. We're just fans on a message board. The only concern we have is showing up in the fall.

Q: does Easterbrook ever innovate in his column?

Good God, man, we get it about the uniforms already.

571089[/snapback]

But if Easterbrook wasn't able to bring up the same points in every column, it would only be about two paragraphs long. How's he supposed to support a family writing just a two paragraph column? Think of the children!

There's a reason it keeps coming up, you know.  Like, as in, the uniforms suck ass.

I tried really hard to like them.  I did.  But as soon as I saw the throwbacks on opening day all was lost.

If Ralph and Marv are smart about this, they'll put the new duds in the incinerator as a symbolic burial of the last five years.

Bring back the throwbacks for good!

571102[/snapback]

TD bringing back those sweet throwback uni's was his single best move as Bills GM.

We have much bigger issues than the uniforms to address.  They can dress 'em up like the fuggin pixyland guy for all I care as long as they win.

571104[/snapback]

As soon as Ralph and Marv call me up for my opinion on the coaching staff or roster, then I'll accept my responsibility to worry about more than the uniforms.