Peter King on our meddlesome owner

jahnyc

Sorry can't link, but Peter King notes in Monday Morning QB that Ralph made a lot of calls (daily) to Donahoe and the coaches. He suggests that it took time away from more important activities.

This should make the HC position for the Bills that much more attractive to potential candidates.

He suggests that it took time away from more important activities.

569652[/snapback]

yeah, answering the owners questions about how you're running the team does take away from importants stuff. like what kind of coffee you drink at the airport on the way to your daughters field hockey game :pirate:

f. Marv Levy to me Friday afternoon: "I am not coaching the Buffalo Bills.'' He truly does not know who will, though my money has to be on Jim Haslett.

Given PKs track record, I guess that means Haslett won't be the next HC :doh:

Sorry can't link, but Peter King notes in Monday Morning QB that Ralph made a lot of calls (daily) to Donahoe and the coaches.  He suggests that it took time away from more important activities.

This should make the HC position for the Bills that much more attractive to potential candidates.

569652[/snapback]

With the way this team performed, can you blame him for calling?

That is further TD and MM spin.

RW is the owner of a multi-million enterprise. If I owned the team, I would call as well.

I have a hard time believing that other owners around the league to meet with the coaches and general managers often.

I also heard this crap regarding GW. I guess TD, MM, and GW did not like having to explain why the Bills never met anyone's expectations for the past several years.

Sorry can't link, but Peter King notes in Monday Morning QB that Ralph made a lot of calls (daily) to Donahoe and the coaches.  He suggests that it took time away from more important activities.

569652[/snapback]

What a bunch of meaningless tripe.

What does "calls a lot" really mean? Does he really call every single day? How long are the conversations? And, most importantly, what is the content of those conversations? What are these "more important activities"? Can Mr. King name even one such more important activity than keeping his boss informed of what is going on in the shop?

Maybe the "bunker mentality" was not just against the fans and the city but included the ownership as well.

569652[/snapback]

Anyone care to translate?

Link:

Monday Morning QB

"After talking to Buffalo GM Marv Levy, I'm thinking there might be a bit of a learning curve for him. When Levy took the job, he told owner Ralph Wilson, 'I've never done this before. I've got a lot to learn.'' Those can't be comforting words for Bills Nation. I'll tell you what Levy can do that would help the coaches he hires: Be the buffer between Wilson and the head coach. Let's just say that Wilson's phone calls to Tom Donahoe and the last couple of Bills coaches -- sometimes many calls per day -- took up a lot of time that could have been used for football. I asked Levy what he was looking for in a head coach. "Let's see,'' he said. "Vince Lombardi? I'm not looking for a defensive guy or an offensive guy. I'm looking for the best coach.''

Link:

Monday Morning QB

"After talking to Buffalo GM Marv Levy, I'm thinking there might be a bit of a learning curve for him. When Levy took the job, he told owner Ralph Wilson, 'I've never done this before. I've got a lot to learn.'' Those can't be comforting words for Bills Nation. I'll tell you what Levy can do that would help the coaches he hires: Be the buffer between Wilson and the head coach. Let's just say that Wilson's phone calls to Tom Donahoe and the last couple of Bills coaches -- sometimes many calls per day -- took up a lot of time that could have been used for football. I asked Levy what he was looking for in a head coach. "Let's see,'' he said. "Vince Lombardi? I'm not looking for a defensive guy or an offensive guy. I'm looking for the best coach.''

569693[/snapback]

Great, and now he wants to get "more" involved, as if he were an absentee owner the last 5 years.

Wow. If that's what he says about Ralph, I wonder what he would say about Jerry Jones or Dan Snyder.

What an ass.

569652[/snapback]

8. After talking to Buffalo GM Marv Levy, I'm thinking there might be a bit of a learning curve for him. When Levy took the job, he told owner Ralph Wilson, 'I've never done this before. I've got a lot to learn.'' Those can't be comforting words for Bills Nation. I'll tell you what Levy can do that would help the coaches he hires: Be the buffer between Wilson and the head coach. Let's just say that Wilson's phone calls to Tom Donahoe and the last couple of Bills coaches -- sometimes many calls per day -- took up a lot of time that could have been used for football. I asked Levy what he was looking for in a head coach. "Let's see,'' he said. "Vince Lombardi? I'm not looking for a defensive guy or an offensive guy. I'm looking for the best coach.''

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2006/writ...mqb.real/4.html

569652[/snapback]

I'm sure PK "forgot" to mention the number of Owners in the NFL, NBA, MLB, etc... who do the EXACT same thing...And for that matter it could be WAY worse...I'm not saying RW does it all right, but how many Folks in the real world think their Boss bugs them too much? Maybe 95%??? And those Folks are not making over a million bucks a Year either...

This National Media backlash and love fest for a GM who posted a 31-49 Record in 5 Years, and a HC who is a quitting quitter, is such a complete farce...I have a feeling just based on the bad karma that is being generated against the Bills Franchise that this thing is going to turn around sooner than most believe...These "experts" are piling it on and running with each others stories...Most of them not even taking the time to look at how bad this Team was on the Field in 2006...Like Mort and his "sometimes it's just not your Year" philosophy...I'm sure that is exactly what Jerry Jones and Bill Parcells said to each other after this Season... :pirate: ...Give me a break...

It's like Marv said the other day, all the Bills have to do to shut these whiny morons up is Win...Winning cures everything...And that is the exact attitude of the new Man in charge...So in no way can it be all bad... :doh: