Okay people, settle down!

Everyone is jumping around and wreaking chaos here. There's no reason to be losing our heads over this. Mularkey was leftover trail of Tom Donahoe. He was going to get blackballed had he stayed, either way he wasn't going to have much impact or authority for next season. The likelihood of Marv coming back is being blown up by the media.

Haslett is not a bad option, he was the victim of bad management and ownership of a bad organization. He was also the only coach to ever take the Saints to the playoffs if I'm not mistaken.

Everyone is jumping around and wreaking chaos here. There's no reason to be losing our heads over this. Mularkey was leftover trail of Tom Donahoe. He was going to get blackballed had he stayed, either way he wasn't going to have much impact or authority for next season. The likelihood of Marv coming back is being blown up by the media.

Haslett is not a bad option, he was the victim of bad management and ownership of a bad organization. He was also the only coach to ever take the Saints to the playoffs if I'm not mistaken.

565986[/snapback]

All good reasons NOT to take your advice, and keep drinkin'.

It's the weekend afterall damn it.

Not sure I agree with you here. I'm on the fence regarding Haslett. If Levy think Haslett is the man for the job, I'll support him.

Everyone is jumping around and wreaking chaos here.

"I know we've changed general managers and had our head coach resign, not to mention have a still uncertain status regarding our DC, but I can't understand why people think this is worth discussing."

There's no reason to be losing our heads over this. Mularkey was leftover trail of Tom Donahoe. He was going to get blackballed had he stayed, either way he wasn't going to have much impact or authority for next season. The likelihood of Marv coming back is being blown up by the media.

It's that crazy media out to purposefully make lies just to screw with us again, guys. Nevermind that Levy has been trying to get back in to the coaching ranks for years and just two years ago lobbied hard to be considered for the Chicago opening, and nevermind that Levy was less than firm on his stance of not coaching the Bills again, but it's just being made up by the media.

565986[/snapback]

Mularkey is not a bad option, he was the victim of bad management and ownership of a bad organization. He was also able to give Buffalo their best record since 1999. It's fun making excuses and white-washing reality!

Haslett's only year in the playoffs was his first. This means that team was largely inherited. His following 5* years were mediocre at best.

But nevermind all that, guys! Let's open our arms for a mediocre coach for the sole reason that he once played for the Buffalo Bills franchise. Then, when he inevitably fails, let's run him out of town!

565986[/snapback]

No, Jim Mora also took them to the playoffs. Jim Haslett was the ONLY New Orleans coach to WIN a playoff game though...

Postseason log, New Orleans Saints:

NFC Wildcard Game: won 31 - 28 vs. St. Louis Rams

NFC Divisional Playoff: lost 16 - 34 at Minnesota Vikings

NFC Wildcard Game: lost 20 - 36 vs. Philadelphia Eagles

NFC Wildcard Game: lost 20 - 27 vs. Atlanta Falcons

NFC Wildcard Game: lost 6 - 16 at Chicago Bears

NFC Wildcard Game: lost 10 - 44 vs. Minnesota Vikings

All-time postseason record: 1 - 5