Who WILL be the Bills next head coach

Like A Mofo

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been sitting by the phone waiting for RW's call.  Still no luck :devil:

566176[/snapback]

I was on the phone with them most of the night, they should be calling you soon. I had to turn them down. No way was I going to take a job with the organization in flux and them being the laughing stock of the league....at least that is how my man Clayton views it.

I am staying away from the job like the 'plague' - I have found the wisdom and courage to do so by a faction on this board that has enlightened me that the only job to take in this world is the one that is completely set up for success - that requires absolutley no challenge and is the proverbial 'risk free' no brainer.

Because nothing is ever gained by taking a risk and challenging yourself, right?

Oh, by the way, Mariucci takes the job early next week.

I figured this would be a fun thread to look back on later to see who gets it..

just post who you think will be the Bills Head Coach in 2006...

Ill start...

Ron Rivera

565981[/snapback]

"Who WILL be the Bills next head coach, call it right now!!!"

Okay. I did. But, I'm just not going to announce it yet to everyone.

That way, when MY GUY gets selected, I can trumpet it all over OBD and elswhere that I called it exactly! You posters that predicted other guys will have to hang your heads in shame. Nah-nah-nah-nah-Nah!

:devil:

Preference would be Fassel, Cottrell, or maybe Sherman, but I think it's going to end up being Haslett.

Seems that the hot defensive coordinators end up doing well (Lewis, Fox). If Ralph & Marv see that trend, I hope they consider guys like Ron Rivera or Cottrell.

For what its worth, my pecking order:

1)  Mike Sherman

2)  Ron Rivera

3)  Haslett

4)  Bates

5)  Mooch

6)  Jerry Gray

7)  Merv Griffin

8)  Marv Levy

No matter who the coach is, please, please, PLEASE keep Bobby April and Jim McNally.

566016[/snapback]

KEEP MCNALLY ? Is that a joke 'cuz I didn't hear the laugh track. McGahee didn't have five holes to go through all year. The man should be tarred and feathered not idolized.

I'd love to pry Jeff Fisher from Tennessee but thats a pipe dream.

Mariucci is intriguing but I hate the west coast offense.

Haslett is going to be the man, and I'm not down on him. Why all the Haslet hate, I don't understand. Maybe we need a guy who knows the city, says he loves the area and fans, and respects the owner. Maybe a little extra passion will help make winners out of these players that have been a bunch of quitters last season. You are not going to find an experienced head coach with a 150 - 10 record, sorry. Haslet is not a rookie coordinator or friggin special teams coach, he's got head coaching experience.

RTB

Kay Stephenson has head coaching experience but I really don't think we want him. I think Henderson would bring some excitement to this franchise which is on life support right now. But I think the old guys will pick somebody they feel comfy with..Fassel or Haslett.

Personally I like D. Henderson or Sean Payton. Haslett/Saunders are proven losers which is hard for me to say since Haslett is my second all-time favorite Bill (A. Reed).

We must bring in someone that will attract FA'S.

KEEP MCNALLY ? Is that a joke 'cuz I didn't hear the laugh track. McGahee didn't have five holes to go through all year. The man should be tarred and feathered not idolized.

566628[/snapback]

McNally also didn't have five starting caliber OL to put on the field last year, either. Before he is thrown under the bus, I'd like to see what he can do when he has something resembling talent to work with. The fact that he has turned Jason Peters, a college TE, into a reasonably good starting RT is a good example of how good of a coach he can be if given players with some ability.

I think it'll either be Mike Sherman or Jim Fassel. 

The one thing I did not know about Mike Sherman is that he has an extensive background as an OL coach.

566608[/snapback]

BTW, I also forgot to mention one thing about Sherman. Its also a well known fact that he wanted the Packers to draft JP Losman had the Bills not taken him instead.