2002 New Orleans Saints 9-7 3rd -- NFC South --

2003 New Orleans Saints 8-8 2nd -- NFC South --

2004 New Orleans Saints 8-8 2nd -- NFC South --

2005 New Orleans Saints 3-13 4th -- NFC South --

Career 45-51 1-1

Is this what you want ???

Season Team Regular Season Post Season

Record Finish Record Finish

2000 New Orleans Saints  10-6    1st --  NFC West    1-1 Lost Divisional Playoffs

2001 New Orleans Saints  7-9    T3rd -- NFC West -- 

2002 New Orleans Saints  9-7    3rd -- NFC South -- 

2003 New Orleans Saints  8-8    2nd -- NFC South -- 

2004 New Orleans Saints  8-8    2nd -- NFC South -- 

2005 New Orleans Saints  3-13    4th -- NFC South -- 

Career 45-51  1-1

565783[/snapback]

Your case is weak...

WILLIAM STEPHEN Belichick

Cleveland Browns Regular Season 36-44 (.450); Postseason 1-1 (.500)

2000 New Orleans Saints  10-6    1st --  NFC West    1-1 Lost Divisional Playoffs

Career 45-51  1-1

565783[/snapback]

I *might* be willing to give him a pass for this year with the whole Katrina thing and losing Deuce midway through the season. However, he had talent and wasn't doing much better than mediocre and just missing the playoffs.

Maybe Buffalo would be a welcome change of scenery for him, but I don't think it's worth the risk right now. He might benefit from a few years away from the head coaching spotlight.

Your case is weak...

Cleveland Browns  Regular Season  36-44 (.450); Postseason  1-1 (.500)

565792[/snapback]

The difference being that Belichick went back to being a DC for several years, learned from his mistakes, and changed his coaching style. Haslett has been unemployed for 14 minutes.

Your case is weak...

565792[/snapback]

You got to be kidding me. That is so weak after the Browns were did Belichick go and what did he do. Hint N J Jets ring a bell as an assistant. Please ! This is a joke right?

The difference being that Belichick went back to being a DC for several years, learned from his mistakes, and changed his coaching style.  Haslett has been unemployed for 14 minutes.

565801[/snapback]

So thats it? Thats how he became great, by going back to DC? The truth is, you need players that fit right in your system.

Career 45-51  1-1

565783[/snapback]

you mean 42-38? because you can't seriously mean to include the 2005 season in his overall record. i'm surprised he managed to win one game last year.

i'm not saying he's the be all and end all -- i'm only calling out a dubious usage of statistics.

Your case is weak...

565792[/snapback]

WB was know as a defensive master. He won Superbowls as a DC. Haslett, my friend, is no Belichick!

you mean 42-38? because you can't seriously mean to include the 2005 season in his overall record. i'm surprised he managed to win one game last year.

i'm not saying he's the be all and end all -- i'm only calling out a dubious usage of statistics.

565809[/snapback]

Agreed. But this logic comes from a poster who would like to see Green Bay D coach, Jim Bates take over the red,white and blue. Consider the source...

It would be nice to have a Coach who understands what the Owner wants and what the Fans expect. Blue collar coach for a Blue Collar town which he played for and still loves. Espn talks about loyalty not such a big issue..... If you ran a business who would you rather hire the person who wants to be in charge of everything and claims to know everything or the person who will tell it like it is and not blow smoke up your behind? Give him a chance with an OWNER on the same page as him and lets see what happens. Please don't sell Art Shell or anyone else for that matter.

It would be nice to have a Coach who understands what the Owner wants and what the Fans expect.  Blue collar coach for a Blue Collar town which he played for and still loves.  Espn talks about loyalty not such a big issue.....  If you ran a business who would you rather hire the person who wants to be in charge of everything and claims to know everything or the person who will tell it like it is and not blow smoke up your behind?  Give him a chance with an OWNER on the same page as him and lets see what happens.  Please don't sell Art Shell or anyone else for that matter.

565831[/snapback]

DING DING DING - we have a winner!!!!

It would be nice to have a Coach who understands what the Owner wants and what the Fans expect.  Blue collar coach for a Blue Collar town which he played for and still loves.  Espn talks about loyalty not such a big issue.....  If you ran a business who would you rather hire the person who wants to be in charge of everything and claims to know everything or the person who will tell it like it is and not blow smoke up your behind?  Give him a chance with an OWNER on the same page as him and lets see what happens.  Please don't sell Art Shell or anyone else for that matter.

565831[/snapback]

Couldn't get more blue collar than Hank Bullough...

565809[/snapback]

He didn't just beat us. He blew us out.

The talent on the Saints is very questionable. Odds are Aaron Brooks shouldn't be a starting QB anywhere in this league. Beyond that, how many players would you trade straight up for their oppostie on the Bills? Bentley, Horn...?

Belichik shouldn't be used as a model though becuase he's an exception to every rule ever. And we can do better than haslett.

I know this has already been said before...

...one Marv Levy had a career NFL record of 31-34 in his first coaching stint. He went 4-12, 7-9, then 9-7, in 1982 the NFL went on strike, the Chiefs finished 3-6 and Marv was let go. he never made the playoffs and never finished higher than 3rd in his division.

Up until this season Haslett was only the 2nd coach in team history to have a winning record. Jim Mora was the other, but I don't think we'd have taken him either, he was 103-74 in NO but he never won a playoff game. He ended up 0-6 in the playoffs including the 2 he lost in Indy.

The truth is that NOBODY has won in New Orleans and the fact he won as much as he did was an accomplishment unto itself.

If you don't want Haslett OK, but don't use his record alone as the deciding factor. I'd use the fact that his teams had an unsettling habit of quitting on him instead.