Haslett Record

1gap2gap

Season Team Regular Season Post Season

Record Finish Record Finish

2000 New Orleans Saints  10-6    1st --  NFC West    1-1 Lost Divisional Playoffs

2001 New Orleans Saints  7-9    T3rd -- NFC West -- 

2002 New Orleans Saints  9-7    3rd -- NFC South -- 

2003 New Orleans Saints  8-8    2nd -- NFC South -- 

2004 New Orleans Saints  8-8    2nd -- NFC South -- 

2005 New Orleans Saints  3-13    4th -- NFC South -- 

Career 45-51  1-1

Is this what you want ???

565783[/snapback]

Thanks for making me change my mind on Haslett. I say he's the right guy now. Not including 2005, he's got one losing season out of 5. This is against the NFC South of Atlanta, Tampa Bay and Carolina. That's a been a tough division for a few years now. I would welcome Haslett. Thanks.

Thanks for making me change my mind on Haslett.  I say he's the right guy now.  Not including 2005, he's got one losing season out of 5.  This is against the NFC South of Atlanta, Tampa Bay and Carolina.  That's a been a tough division for a few years now.  I would welcome Haslett.  Thanks.

565915[/snapback]

are you being sarcastic?

i honestly can't tell.

if you are NOT being sarcastic, i agree with you.

that has been a killer division and NO has had some issues.

For those that think Greggo and Muddlearky will eventually become decent Head Coaches some day, Haslett would be a good fit here. He's already spent his time skinning his knees with training wheels on his bike. Now he can ride a two wheeler in the AFC. He should do fine here. Besides, it'll be great theater if we invite Kent Hull to speak at a halftime honoring Haslett. :pirate:

Agreed. But this logic comes from a poster who would like to see Green Bay D coach, Jim Bates take over the red,white and blue. Consider the source...

565815[/snapback]

What exactly do you mean by "Consider the Source" ? Do you mean that because we disagree and your argument lacks merit that my factual aurgument is wrong?

You still have not come agross with anything that surports why the Bills should hire a coach that has failed other then to say you think we should give him a chance. Now you are suggesting that a coach (Jim Bates) with a back round of success should not be given a chance. What could be your reasoning behind this? Because you like the other guy better? You need to put a hell of a lot more thought into what you say. Right now the Haslett coaching idea is a joke because he has not done a very good job. If you think MM has not done a good job after two years then I'm sure you can agree that Haslett has not done a good job in five years. Consider that!

I know this has already been said before...

...one Marv Levy had a career NFL record of 31-34 in his first coaching stint.  He went 4-12, 7-9, then 9-7, in 1982 the NFL went on strike, the Chiefs finished 3-6 and Marv was let go.  he never made the playoffs and never finished higher than 3rd in his division.

Up until this season Haslett was only the 2nd coach in team history to have a winning record.  Jim Mora was the other, but I don't think we'd have taken him either, he was 103-74 in NO but he never won a playoff game.  He ended up 0-6 in the playoffs including the 2 he lost in Indy.

The truth is that NOBODY has won in New Orleans and the fact he won as much as he did was an accomplishment unto itself. 

If you don't want Haslett OK, but don't use his record alone as the deciding factor.  I'd use the fact that his teams had an unsettling habit of quitting on him instead.

565914[/snapback]

You mention Jim Mora- I wonder if Marv would look at him?? Personal I don't know how I feel about that but it is an idea!

are you being sarcastic?

i honestly can't tell.

if you are NOT being sarcastic, i agree with you.

that has been a killer division and NO has had some issues.

565963[/snapback]

Not being sarcastic at all. Here's a former Bill, who wants to be the Bills head coach, has coaching experience, and has a winning record (not including 2005). I say he's the best fit out there for us.