Statement from Mike Mularkey

JoeF

Official Statement from Mike Mularkey...holy cow, who wrote this for him....

Did we have a coach who couldn't spell cat if you spotted him the c and the t...

Buffalobills.com

01/13/2006 10:09 AM

First, I would like to thank Mr. Wilson and Tom Donahoe for the initial opportunity they gave me to be the Head Football Coach of the Buffalo Bills.

However, due to circumstances, I can no longer be able to continue as the head coach.

I did not reach this decision lightly, but after much thought I have concluded that for my own personal reasons and in the best interests of my family, on balance, outweigh any future benefits that may accrue to me by continuing in this position.

Again, I would like to thank the organization for this opportunity, and the Buffalo Bills fans for their support these last two years, and I wish the organization well and much success in the years to come.

Thank you.

Mike Mularkey

Did we have a coach who couldn't spell cat if you spotted him the c and the t...

Buffalobills.com

First, I would like to thank Mr. Wilson and Tom Donahoe for the initial opportunity they gave me to be the Head Football Coach of the Buffalo Bills.

However, due to circumstances, I can no longer be able to continue as the head coach.

I did not reach this decision lightly, but after much thought I have concluded that for my own personal reasons and in the best interests of my family, on balance, outweigh any future benefits that may accrue to me by continuing in this position.

Again, I would like to thank the organization for this opportunity, and the Buffalo Bills fans for their support these last two years, and I wish the organization well and much success in the years to come.

Thank you.

Mike Mularkey

565690[/snapback]

Memo to Mike: there's a grammar-check in Microsoft Word. Use it.

PTR

565706[/snapback]

While it is awkward, why is that grammatically incorrect? seriously...

"I can no longer continue as head coach" or "I am not able to continue as HC" sounds better but "I can no longer be able to continue as the head coach" seems okay.

Buffalobills.com

Thank you.

Mike Mularkey

565690[/snapback]

Lets stop wasting our time here. This guy should never have been hired in the first place! Unfortunately, our head coach is in South Bend only Tom Donahoe would select this puppet over Charlie Weiss.

What happened today is the best thing that could have happened to this organization. Mularkey was a dead man walking and the entire NFL coaching community knew that.

Lets stop wasting our time here. This guy should never have been hired in the first place! Unfortunately, our head coach is in South Bend only Tom Donahoe would select this puppet over Charlie Weiss.

What happened today is the best thing that could have happened to this organization. Mularkey was a dead man walking and the entire NFL coaching community knew that.

565723[/snapback]

Weiss wasn't going to happen. TD wanted to go another year with Bledsoe and Weiss and him did not get along. I have my doubts that Weiss thought that he could win with Bledsoe.

Buffalobills.com

Thank you.

Mike Mularkey

565690[/snapback]

There are grammatical errors all over this thing. First of all, "I can no longer be able to continue" is redundant and grammatically in error. "Can" means "be able." He either "can no longer continue," or "is no longer able to continue," but not "can no longer be able to continue."

But that is not the worst of it. How about this: "...for my own personal reasons and in the best interests of my family, on balance, outweigh any future benefits..." Where, my friends, is the subject in this indirect statement? What "outweighs any future benefits"?

Well, either the man is under a great deal of stress, or he just doesn't care. Hmmm. I hope it is the former, but suspect it is the latter.