ESPN Bills commercial

Ramius

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's very funny - even heartwarming, in a way! (The animation is really quite good, too!) I'll bet Chris Berman even gave his approval, if he was not directly involved.

People who take umbrage should lighten up a bit.

anyone see the new claymation Bills commercial? Theres a family with bills gear watching the game, and you hear the announcer say how the game's about over and the other team is gonna take a knee. Then you hear him go crazy and say "he fumbles the snap" and the Bills return the fumble for a TD, and "the bills win, can you believe it". The family goes crazy. then you hear this... "Wait...the officials are saying he stepped out of bounds on the 30 yard line, and the Bills lose. What a heartbreaker."

Then the words come up on the screen... "Without Sports, we'd stop believing."

What a cheap shot. !@#$ you espn. :I starred in Brokeback Mountain:

561318[/snapback]

haven't seen it. it sounds funny, though.

anyone see the new claymation Bills commercial? Theres a family with bills gear watching the game, and you hear the announcer say how the game's about over and the other team is gonna take a knee. Then you hear him go crazy and say "he fumbles the snap" and the Bills return the fumble for a TD, and "the bills win, can you believe it". The family goes crazy. then you hear this... "Wait...the officials are saying he stepped out of bounds on the 30 yard line, and the Bills lose. What a heartbreaker."

561318[/snapback]

lighten up Francis

It is a regional ad.  Every NFL city has their own version.

561392[/snapback]

Wrong. I saw it here in Virginia.

While I did smile at the commercial, I can see the point Ramius is trying to make. Even though I thought it was amusing, I couldn't help but think "Great, just another kick in the balls for Bills fans." I guess the fact that it came on the heels of such a train wreck of a season made it seem worse than it was. All in all, still entertaining. What's that old saying? Bad PR is better than none at all.

haven't seen it. it sounds funny, though.

561456[/snapback]

You really do have to see it to get the full effect. It starts with the family in their gloomy living room, the only light coming from the TV. When the Bills return the fumble, all of a sudden the room brightens, and even Grandma is dancing on the seat of her scooter. Cut to an outside shot - the sun comes out, the grass turns green, the flowers bloom...

...and then, as the announcer starts into the "wait-he stepped out of bounds" part, the sky clouds over, the flowers wilt, and a car crashes into the fire hydrant down the street. Cut back inside to the family as the light darkens, Grandma leaves the room, the son hides his face in the couch again, and Dad sinks deeper into the La-Z-Boy...

Sounds a lot like this place lately. :w00t:

Yet still, we believe...

I wrote ESPN to compliment whoever created that spot. I said that person MUST be from Buffalo to nail it like that. I think the ad is very complimentary to the fans of the Bills. By the way, pay close attention to the outside shot of the neighborhood. The close-together 2-family East Side houses, even the REAL Buffalo City Hall in the skyline. Yep, that dude has to be from Buffalo!

PTR

You really do have to see it to get the full effect. It starts with the family in their gloomy living room, the only light coming from the TV. When the Bills return the fumble, all of a sudden the room brightens, and even Grandma is dancing on the seat of her scooter. Cut to an outside shot - the sun comes out, the grass turns green, the flowers bloom...

...and then, as the announcer starts into the "wait-he stepped out of bounds" part, the sky clouds over, the flowers wilt, and a car crashes into the fire hydrant down the street. Cut back inside to the family as the light darkens, Grandma leaves the room, the son hides his face in the couch again, and Dad sinks deeper into the La-Z-Boy...

Yet still, we believe...

561522[/snapback]

PEREFECT description of the two minutes between the Bills last score of the Music City Miracle and the Throwback play. Elation to gloom in fifteen seconds.

PEREFECT description of the two minutes between the Bills last score of the Music City Miracle and the Throwback play. Elation to gloom in fifteen seconds.

561557[/snapback]

I think I was in 10th grade when it happened.

For the next two years, me and my friend who is a Packers fan but rooted for the Bills in the AFC, were having fun because of all of my family's reaction to it.

561318[/snapback]

I can definitely see how a fan here might get pissed from that. I hate ESPN. They think they invented sports.

I got one for them:

"Without most of the nonsensical programming on that channel, sports would be a lot better off."

My wife and I both saw it (and TIVOed it) on Christmas morning. Haven't seen it since. I KNEW a few Bills fans would see it as an insult (that we are losers).

We saw it VERY differently - that it was a very funny depiction of the ravenousness of the Buffalo community for all things Bills. I know my emotions go up with wins and down with losses. That's a FACT

This was a tribute to those fans IMO. (Even if the people who wrote the commercial think otherwise)

-RnJ

I live in Hampton Roads, VA and I have saw it almost a 100 times as I watch ESPN on the regular. I love it and hate it at the same time. All I know is that when we finally win it all; this commercial as well as the one they did earlier this year for Fantasy football in which the moron says: "JP Losman is a reincarnation of Kenny Stabler!" as well as past failures will all be shown in support as it will fill like the Bills have finally overcome; it would be bad if Chris Berman isn't there to say that the Bills have FINALLY CIRCLED THAT WAGON AND ARE RIDING IT ON THE PROMISE LAND!

Yet still, we believe...

561522[/snapback]

Cripes that sums up just about every fricking season I've experienced as a Bills fan.