I'm really starting to think Buffalo

Mikie2times

It is possible that Brick will make it down to eighth, and if so we would be insane not to draft him.  I suspect will get Ngata as a consolation prize though.  The tight end I would want is Leonard Pope out of Georgia, assuming he enters the draft.  I have a hunch he will last till the high second round and he will be outstanding. (This from the guy who pushed for us to draft Jason Witten)

560811[/snapback]

According to radio down here, Pope has declared.

Titans have to maintain a public interest in Young in order to maximize thier trade leverage.

Rumor has it that the QB they really want is Jake Cutler who they could still get after multiple trade downs.

560752[/snapback]

Interesting. A possible swap with the Jets? I heard the Jets GM speak yesterday and got the distinct feeling that he was not being sincere in his "Chad's our QB".

Are you basing that off anything in particular or is it that just you just think he's to talented to last?  The reason I ask is because this appears to be a very unique draft class, one in which many of the best players on the board also fill huge needs for the teams ahead of us.

When you look at it now we know Houston will be in for a PR nightmare if they pass on Bush, and the Saints have already showed interest in Leinhart.  D'Brick would be a good option for the Titans, but the best player available is probably Vince Young, and it also serves a need for them (They also have expressed interest already).Outside of that the rest of the teams are in pretty solid shape at LT, and other elite prospects will still be on the board. I really do believe it will come down to whether or not the Jets take him, and as of now I would say that's about 50-50. Still that's a lot better odds then I thought it would be a month ago.

560639[/snapback]

don't be so sure the niners don't think they need an LT. sure, they signed jennings, but they may now regard that as a mistake given his injury status. in any event, jennings is a pretty good RT and could easily shift over.

don't be so sure the niners don't think they need an LT. sure, they signed jennings, but they may now regard that as a mistake given his injury status. in any event, jennings is a pretty good RT and could easily shift over.

560897[/snapback]

Jennings would be an awesome RT, but they are paying him LT money, and if they do take Ferguson, he will make Mike Williams money. They also have a qb who was the 1st overall selection.

I am not saying that they will not draft Ferguson, but it DOES seem like a ton of cap space to tie up on those 3 players. Not only that, when you think about it, 2 would be unproven and the other has an injury problem.

Jennings would be an awesome RT, but they are paying him LT money, and if they do take Ferguson, he will make Mike Williams money. They also have a qb who was the 1st overall selection.

I am not saying that they will not draft Ferguson, but it DOES seem like a ton of cap space to tie up on those 3 players. Not only that, when you think about it, 2 would be unproven and the other has an injury problem.

560905[/snapback]

my understanding is that they're way under the cap. also, i'm not sure how jennings' salary is structured. they could actually cut him and not suffer any consequences because they're so far under.

I would definitely NOT trade down and give up picks. The draft is a bit of a crap shoot anyway so I would retain as many shots as possible. Tossing around 5th, 6th, 7th round picks is one thing (these picks are not much different that UFA), but 1st day picks are precious. You can't hit 100% on them but they do form the backbone of a team.

One of my biggest disappointments with Donahoe is how he gave away top draft picks. A #1 for Bledsoe. A #2 for Losman (along with a #5 but that's OK). A #1 for McGahee (when we already had a decent running back in Henry, in place).

That's another two #1's and a #2 added to the current roster and still have Losman & Henry in the backfield. So I'm not a supporter of trading draft choices to trade up for D'brick Ferguson. If he comes to us fine. If not, pick another stud.

560905[/snapback]

Given JJ's track record, if there's any financial way the 49ers can swing it, Ferguson is theirs. Only way he drops is if JJ's contract cannot be managed capwise.

I'd say that I agree that the Jets are the only team in the Bills' way, but that they'd have a hard time passing up Mario Williams, especially since they can't franchise Abraham.  That's the interesting part of the draft: who will take whom, where, and why?

560630[/snapback]

They might be able to trade that pick to any LT needy team....

Which line do you think needs more help. Its pretty obvious to me that we need more help on the OL. We have had a good offensive year for ever. Our defense was #2 last year all we need for them is some one to fill in where poohbear was.

I have a funny feeling he will go to Green Bay. If he is as good as everyone says he is it will be hard for them to pass on him. They lost alot of good lineman over the past couple of seasons and it hurt them this past yr. If Favre is there or they go with the kid they drafted they need a stud at tackle to protect.

Just a hunch.

I have a funny feeling he will go to Green Bay. If he is as good as everyone says he is it will be hard for them to pass on him. They lost alot of good lineman over the past couple of seasons and it hurt them this past yr. If Favre is there or they go with the kid they drafted they need a stud at tackle to protect.

Just a hunch.

561489[/snapback]

Well the thing is Green Bay has lost a lot of O-Lineman...but they've all been interior guys...Rivera, Wahle, etc...all guards. Their starting OTs are Tauscher and Clifton, both started 16 games at their positions this year. Their Defense on the other hand is absolutely horrible and looks to be the main focus of their offseason. While it wouldnt surprise me for GB to draft D'Brickashaw, they have a lot more pressing needs on Defense to address. It would be like if we decided to improve our Safety position in the first round over LT or DT...yes, we will probably need new starters there sooner rather than later...but we have MUCH more serious needs at this point.

Green Bay will likely trade down a few spots to take LenDale White.

The Jets, I think, need defensive depth and athleticism - I don't see how they pass on Hawk or Williams.

As for the Niners, how can they possibly move JJ to right tackle, with all of the money they're paying him?  I don't see them taking Brick, they'll have like $20 million next year tied up in their tackles.

I think we do have a shot - but I'm hoping we don't use it.  Not that I don't like the player, but I think you can build lines differently - starting inside, building out.  Center and guards are priorities, IMO.  You don't draft those early in Round 1.  Also, I think Peters moves to LT next year.  Just a hunch.  The guy I want?  Vernon Davis, TE, Maryland.

560731[/snapback]

Jets need starters on offense more than they need depth on defense. Fabini's their LT if his knee is OK going into next season, but that's a big if. And they don't know WHAT they have at QB... or RB... or a couple of other positions on their aging line.

While things can change Houston has all but selected Reggie Bush, and it appears like New Orleans and Tennessee will go with Leinhart and Young.  After that the only other team standing in our way is the New York Jets.

After the Jets pick the rest of the teams don't have enough need at LT to draft the dancing bear. GB has Clifton entrenched, Oakland has Barry Simms with Robert Gallery as his likely successor, and the 49ers just signed JJ.

As for the Jets I do think they will give D'Brick a look, it's hard not to, but when you look at the needs on that team their stands a good chance they could look at RB or trading up. Mario Williams might also get a look by them as Abraham is a free agent.   

What a steal it would be if we could land D'Brick. If we did I would even see if Mike will restructure, he isn't 4th pick good but he is our best run blocker. If he won't Peters showed he could play, and would also make a great future tandem with Ferguson.

560615[/snapback]

I'd rather go with Mario Williams...and go for o-line help in 2nd 3rd and free agency.D-linemen are better bets in the draft----like Eric Flowers