Pats will win the Super Bowl...again

We all know the Pats will win the Super Bowl. Face it. The entire playoffs, heck - the entire NFL season is just a charade to make it look like someone else has a chance. What's more, the Pats will win next year, and the next year, and every year from now until doomsday.

Are the Pats that good? No. They just win, like a rock falls to the earth due to gravity. It just happens, like a law of nature.

It's all to punish me. What did I do? Eat a baloney sandwich on a friday? Skip sunday mass? Drink some of the priest's wine when I was an alter boy? Who knows. I just know that they win so I can suffer.

PTR

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Panthers can beat them in a rematch. I think Gibbs & the Skins can, too.

Denver at home can also take them (depending on Plummer), and I thought Cincy might've had a good chance at home as well (not with Kitna, though, as it now looks).

Panthers can beat them in a rematch. I think Gibbs & the Skins can, too.

Denver at home can also take them (depending on Plummer), and I thought Cincy might've had a good chance at home as well (not with Kitna, though, as it now looks).

After the way Cincy looked against the Bills and then Chefs (even though it was a meaningless game for them), I don't think they could beat the Jags.

i sincerely hope that the pats not only don't win the super bowl, but don't even make it. The legacy of the 90's bills is shaky at best in the nation, outside of buffalo... It would only be diminished if the pats make it to the bowl. With that being said, they can beat the colts and broncos. Whomever the pats opponent is next week better be ready.

We all know the Pats will win the Super Bowl. Face it. The entire playoffs, heck - the entire NFL season is just a charade to make it look like someone else has a chance. What's more, the Pats will win next year, and the next year, and every year from now until doomsday.

Are the Pats that good? No. They just win, like a rock falls to the earth due to gravity. It just happens, like a law of nature.

It's all to punish me. What did I do? Eat a baloney sandwich on a friday? Skip sunday mass? Drink some of the priest's wine when I was an alter boy? Who knows. I just know that they win so I can suffer.

PTR

:unsure::lol::lol:

Either way, Super Bowl week is sure going to be annoying. They'll either erect a church for Tedy Bruschi or hang James Dungy's corpse up as, of course, "a tribute."

After the way Cincy looked against the Bills and then Chefs (even though it was a meaningless game for them), I don't think they could beat the Jags.

559218[/snapback]

You're probably right... I do think though that Palmer might have what it takes to be a $$$ player, and he might've gone off against the Pats D. Looks like we won't know till next year now.

:unsure:  :lol:  :lol:

Either way, Super Bowl week is sure going to be annoying. They'll either erect a church for Tedy Bruschi or hang James Dungy's corpse up as, of course "a tribute."

559223[/snapback]

its pretty low to mock someone who committed suicide... but its lower to martyr someone who committed suicide, which is what will happen if the colts make it. go steelers (to spite TD of course) or broncos!

It's all to punish me.  What did I do?  Eat a baloney sandwich on a friday?  Skip sunday mass?  Drink some of the priest's wine when I was an alter boy?  Who knows.  I just know that they win so I can suffer.

PTR

559192[/snapback]

Bishop Reacharound was displeased.

It's all to punish me.  What did I do?  Eat a baloney sandwich on a friday?  Skip sunday mass?  Drink some of the priest's wine when I was an alter boy?  Who knows.  I just know that they win so I can suffer.

PTR

559192[/snapback]

And all this time I thought it was me...you did those things to...wow....

Bishop Reacharound??? You're funny Mark.... :unsure:

Seems to me everyone was saying it was inevitable that USC would win another championship, too.

I do not think the Patsies will even make it to the Super Bowl this year. It'll be Colts vs. Seahawks or Bears.

P.S. Maybe you should go to confession, Promo, just to be safe. :doh:

i sincerely hope that the pats not only don't win the super bowl, but don't even make it.  The legacy of the 90's bills is shaky at best in the nation, outside of buffalo...  It would only be diminished if the pats make it to the bowl.  With that being said, they can beat the colts and broncos.  Whomever the pats opponent is next week better be ready.

559221[/snapback]

Football fans who understand the game and aren't influenced by the "team-du-jour" understand just what it takes to win 4 AFC Championships in a row. Shaky at best is a description of fair weather fans who's appreciation of the game comes from the mindless drones we see pumping the NFL's glamour teams ever Sunday. I hate the Pats, but I can appreciate a good football team and one of the best QB's ever when I see it. Many people give the Bills of the early 90s the credit their due.

RTB

We all know the Pats will win the Super Bowl.  Face it.  The entire playoffs, heck - the entire NFL season is just a charade to make it look like someone else has a chance.  What's more, the Pats will win next year, and the next year, and every year from now until doomsday.

Are the Pats that good?  No.  They just win, like a rock falls to the earth due to gravity.  It just happens, like a law of nature.

PTR

559192[/snapback]

I think that Kraft has the goods on major NFL execs no other reason to explain how they can have rookies playing left side and very few holding calls on their line :doh::lol::lol:

Denver at home can also take them (depending on Plummer)

559207[/snapback]

Why do I just know that Plummer will choose this week to self destruct. Denver should beat the Pats but I just don't trust Plummer to play the same solid ball he's played all year.

Football fans who understand the game and aren't influenced by the "team-du-jour" understand just what it takes to win 4 AFC Championships in a row. Shaky at best is a description of fair weather fans who's appreciation of the game comes from the mindless drones we see pumping the NFL's glamour teams ever Sunday. I hate the Pats, but I can appreciate a good football team and one of the best QB's ever when I see it. Many people give the Bills of the early 90s the credit their due.

RTB

559317[/snapback]

well put, RTB. You get post of the day honors.

As much as I'm a Bills fan, I have to admire the Pats. Tehy win with little fanfare. As Milloy stated, Super Bowl rings don't feed your family. Well you see where he is now. They rarly make the police blotter. They just win and whe nsomeone is gone, they replace him with someone else who fills that role.

Why do I just know that Plummer will choose this week to self destruct.  Denver should beat the Pats but I just don't trust Plummer to play the same solid ball he's played all year.

559391[/snapback]

I hate to say it, but the same thought crossed my mind. Plummer has actually been playing some solid ball, but we all know that at any given time he can start throwing like Stevie Wonder. I think Denver is a very focused team right now, but even if the Pats take them down, they still have to go Indy as far as I'm concerned. If they get passed them, they deserve to win it.

The best thing the Pats could hope for right now is for Indy to fall next week.