Guess we won't be drafting Marcus Vick

Rubes

Kicked off V.Tech football team

Vick was not penalized for the Dumervil incident but was rebuked at halftime of the Gator Bowl by quarterbacks coach Kevin Rogers, who said he even considered pulling Vick from the lineup.

Vick said later it was "an accidental play, and football is football." He also said he had apologized to Dumervil. Dumervil said no apology had been offered.

"A no-character individual," Dumervil said after the game.

Guess Marv's not interested!

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I always heard Marcus was a punk with lots of issues. I dont like what Michael has to say when I have heard him speak. The Falcons are gonna rue the day they chose Vick over Tomlinson. Hell they gave the Brees in that trade too.

Marcus Vick is a good kid. Outside of the lying, the speeding and the on-field body stomping the only thing he ever really did that was bad was give some underage girls some beer -- what's wrong with this? Its not like he gave them a false name and then slipped them some herpes?

Kicked off V.Tech football team

Guess Marv's not interested!

557677[/snapback]

The wifey poo, a hokie alum, going nuts. First reaction was WTF, whos our backup, typical Hokie fan lol.

Course, then her thought was , I guess they had to do it.

On a related note, how can all those TERP players, like Shawn Merriman and Dominique Foxworth play like all pros in the NFL and the friggen Terps cant even get into a bowl game. Oh well, hoops team looks pretty good this weekend

Marcus Vick is a good kid.  Outside of the lying, the speeding and the on-field body stomping the only thing he ever really did that was bad was give some underage girls some beer -- what's wrong with this?  Its not like he gave them a false name and then slipped them some herpes?

557705[/snapback]

I see no problem here. Time to move on. :D:P

Chiris Mortenson (I think he's a dumbass too) just said he thinks Marcus's character issues will make him a second day draft pick. I totally disagree but if he's there in the third I'll take him.

Chiris Mortenson (I think he's a dumbass too) just said he thinks Marcus's character issues will make him a second day draft pick.  I totally disagree but if he's there in the third I'll take him.

557780[/snapback]

Yeah, cause we need somebody to wipe the football off before plays in practice. Hey, he could bring the real football players water too...

Marcus Vick is a good kid.  Outside of the lying, the speeding and the on-field body stomping the only thing he ever really did that was bad was give some underage girls some beer -- what's wrong with this?  Its not like he gave them a false name and then slipped them some herpes?

557705[/snapback]

Marcus Vick=New Mexico?

Then Vick stomped his right cleat into the back of Dumervil's left leg, and then ran to the sideline.

Did anybody actually see the incident, or are we dealing with some media hype here. I'm wondering if he actually "stomped" on the guy or just stepped on him. If he stomped on him, then yeah he's a dick. If he stepped on him, big whoop.

Any witnesses?

Did anybody actually see the incident, or are we dealing with some media hype here. I'm wondering if he actually "stomped" on the guy or just stepped on him. If he stomped on him, then yeah he's a dick. If he stepped on him, big whoop.

Any witnesses?

557838[/snapback]

They've been replaying it quite often and it definitely leans more towards 'stomp' versus 'step'. Clearly premeditated too...

Any witnesses?

557838[/snapback]

It's not like he made a concerted effort to break the guy's leg...but he clearly and with intent placed his foot on the back of the guy's knee and bore down with his weight. More of a "step" than a "stomp"...but it sure as hell wasn't any sort of "Oh, my bad, I didn't see you there" accident.

Any witnesses?

557838[/snapback]

I saw it happen live. What's ironic is they were talking to Michael Vick in the stands at the time, then would keep going back to him after the plays.

It was shown all over the news the next day. Just stomped on the guys calf as he laid on the ground. He meant to hurt the guy in an act of frustration.

Now that's he's got the boot, I imagine the replay will be all over the place so maybe I'll catch it tonight or in the AM.

I guess it comes down to the difference between a stomp and a step, and what may have preceded it during the game. If he just stomped on a guy out of frustration, then New Mexico deserves whatever he gets. But stepping on guys, if done with subtlety, is a good way to get back at dirty SOB's and I have to admit here that stepping on people is something I have done in the past and will continue to do any time a receiver gets anywhere near my knees. I've never stomped on a guy for no reason, but there have been several instances where I'll check and make sure a ref isn't looking then casually step on a downed receivers hand/fingers when he's gone after my knees or given me a kidney shot earlier in a game. :D

Now that's he's got the boot, I imagine the replay will be all over the place so maybe I'll catch it tonight or in the AM.

I guess it comes down to the difference between a stomp and a step, and what may have preceded it during the game. If he just stomped on a guy out of frustration, then New Mexico deserves whatever he gets. But stepping on guys, if done with subtlety, is a good way to get back at dirty SOB's and I have to admit here that stepping on people is something I have done in the past and will continue to do any time a receiver gets anywhere near my knees. I've never stomped on a guy for no reason, but there have been several instances where I'll check and make sure a ref isn't looking then casually step on a downed receivers hand/fingers when he's gone after my knees or given me a kidney shot earlier in a game.  :D

557929[/snapback]

It wasn't a stomp in the vicious sense. I stand corrected. I just remember watching it with my friend and we both yelled " Holy F#*K , he spiked that guy on purpose ". He was walking after the play and just purposely stepped hard onto the guys calf, as he laid flat on his gut. He didn't hide it at all. Just before halftime.

The guy was trying to get at Vick, when walking to the tunnel at the half. A few other players had to hold him back.