The "Myth" of Krumrie is over?

I know.....I know..... I loved his intensity and courage when he played...and he sure is entertaining in the sidelines.

My issue with him is the infamous "Krumrie test".

I'll give you I would cry like a little school girl if I had to take it..but...

My problem is Tim Anderson was supposed to pass this test with flying colors and this had me excited about his potential.

Unfortunately, Tim Anderson looks like a bust and the validity of the "Krumrie test" as a useful method to pick defensive lineman has proved to be useless.

I know.....I know..... I loved his intensity and courage when he played...and he sure is entertaining in the sidelines.

My problem is Tim Anderson was supposed to pass this test with flying colors and this had me excited about his potential.

Unfortunately, Tim Anderson looks like a bust and the validity of the "Krumrie test"  as a useful  method to pick defensive lineman has proved to be useless.

556302[/snapback]

While I agree it's a dumb test...Anderson made a LOT of progress this year, IMO. He just might be OK.

Anderson was our best DT at the end of the season.  He's not a bust.

However, Kelly Holcomb was the best QB at the end of the season.

556309[/snapback]

Yeah and bennie Anderson was probably our best offensive lineman the last 4 or 5 weeks.

And Josh Reed was our most consistant receiver all year long.

Pretty !@#$ing sad isn't it? :D

Unfortunately, Tim Anderson looks like a bust and the validity of the "Krumrie test"  as a useful  method to pick defensive lineman has proved to be useless.

556302[/snapback]

yeah just like the mario test.useless now if it was the sonny test yes very useful................oh i am quoting the bronx tale lol

Anderson was our best DT at the end of the season. 

556309[/snapback]

Due exclusively to Sam Adam's apparent temper tantrum over being asked to play a 2 technique versus his much favored 3 technique I'd agree. There are positive signs from Anderson's play as he got more time and he should be an asset in a rotation of 3 or 4 DTs for many seasons.

At the same time the team highlighted Big Sam's skills in the Jets game by letting him play his favored 1-gap. That could indicate they think they might be able to move his 2006 contract for some value to another team. The bad news about it is that Sam, playing alongside a true 2 technique DT is one of the best 1-gap players in football. Picking up a big run stuffer in the draft/FA and moving Sam will simply be another hit to the quality of our DT rotation.

Due exclusively to Sam Adam's apparent temper tantrum over being asked to play a 2 technique versus his much favored 3 technique I'd agree. There are positive signs from Anderson's play as he got more time and he should be an asset in a rotation of 3 or 4 DTs for many seasons.

At the same time the team highlighted Big Sam's skills in the Jets game by letting him play his favored 1-gap. That could indicate they think they might be able to move his 2006 contract for some value to another team. The bad news about it is that Sam, playing alongside a true 2 technique DT is one of the best 1-gap players in football. Picking up a big run stuffer in the draft/FA and moving Sam will simply be another hit to the quality of our DT rotation.

556328[/snapback]

if they get a real 2 gapper, how could they possibly get rid of sam a.? he comes pretty cheap, and jerry grey (the guy he seemed to have the problem with) is outta there.

if they get a real 2 gapper, how could they possibly get rid of sam a.? he comes pretty cheap, and jerry grey (the guy he seemed to have the problem with) is outta there.

556337[/snapback]

Because its all about people willingto do whats best for the team- Adams wasn't willing to do that, and I respect Mularkey for putting him where he belongs- on the bench

Anderson was our best DT at the end of the season.  He's not a bust.

556309[/snapback]

Anderson did improve, he went from absolutely horrible, to just a glaring weakness. The guy has good feet and plays hard as hell, but he can't anchor and doesn't command a double team so he's not a two gap DT, and he is stiff, short armed and always off balance which causes him to CONSTANTLY miss tackes in the backfield, so he's a liability as a one gap DT. Let's not sugarcoat it, we have a horrible run defense because Anderson and Bannan are awful and completely incapable of tying up blockers and equally incapable of making plays in the backfield.

Anderson did improve, he went from absolutely horrible, to just a glaring weakness.  The guy has good feet and plays hard as hell, but he can't anchor and doesn't command a double team so he's not a two gap DT, and he is stiff, short armed and always off balance which causes him to CONSTANTLY miss tackes in the backfield, so he's a liability as a one gap DT.  Let's not sugarcoat it, we have a horrible run defense because Anderson and Bannan are awful and completely incapable of tying up blockers and equally incapable of making plays in the backfield.

556362[/snapback]

but they're white guys with good motors :D

Anderson did improve, he went from absolutely horrible, to just a glaring weakness.  The guy has good feet and plays hard as hell, but he can't anchor and doesn't command a double team so he's not a two gap DT, and he is stiff, short armed and always off balance which causes him to CONSTANTLY miss tackes in the backfield, so he's a liability as a one gap DT.  Let's not sugarcoat it, we have a horrible run defense because Anderson and Bannan are awful and completely incapable of tying up blockers and equally incapable of making plays in the backfield.

556362[/snapback]

Could not agree more. Tim Anderson should be the third DT on this team, but he shouldn't start.

what about the myth of McNally :D

556319[/snapback]

The myth.....

He works miracles left and right. He was highly instrumental in Brewski's return to the NFL with a single touch, resulting in 175 hits in one game against our beloved Bills.

Not a myth my friend Dev a miracle...

Stay tuned as he takes a bunch of talent lacking fat arses and gells them into one of the best units in the league. Oh siht! That was supposed to be the last two years. Whooopps. My bad.

556302[/snapback]

Great post! Krumrie never impressed me.

556302[/snapback]

Roll back the tape. Tim Anderson showed a lot of improvement by the season's end. With a bit more strength conditioning, he may finally be the "high motor" guy that actually works out for the Bills.

Biggest regression/disappointment - Kelsay...

(Dag, typing with one hand is a pain....just had rotator cuff surgery 1/4/06)

He works miracles left and right.  He was highly instrumental in Brewski's return to the NFL with a single touch, resulting in 175 hits in one game against our beloved Bills.

556468[/snapback]

Do not take the name of the resurrected in jest. Now you must say 5 prayers to the Belichek, the Brady, and the Holy Bruschi

btw, pre-gratz on 3k