Losman's "attitude" turned off teamates

I will add that do I think Losman is beloved by all his teammates? Of course not. Do I think he's cocky? Of course, and I sure hope so. Do I think it's impossible that a lot of the team doesn't like him? Sure, it's possible, although there have been no real signs of it. What I also think is that he is a tough, brass, confident, cocky, half-Latino kid from the barrio in a really tough neighborhood that sometimes may brush people the wrong way. But as soon as he starts playing well, everyone will love playing with him.

And precisely none of this talk has much if anything to do with liking or disliking Losman. This has to do with losing football games.

552150[/snapback]

KTD, I am willing to wager that the guys on the Bills who dislike JP (assuming there are some) are from at least as much of a poverty stricken back ground than is JP.

I say this because it stands to reason. Most kids from wealthy, or even well-off families are probably not willing to do what it takes to make it in the NFL. This would apply even more to boxing.

There are some occupations to which one cannot simply walk in and act as if they own the place. Police work is one. I am betting that pro football is another. Respect must be earned.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Two things that had to happen for us to have a successful 2005 season.

1) The defense had to continue to play at a championship level.

2) Willis McGahee had to carry the offense.

Neither happened. 

As for Bledsoe, he can have the starting QB job back when he can beat Pittsburgh's 3rd string.

551899[/snapback]

Agreed....Agreed....Agreed....on all counts....

And don't forget the coaches promising to deliver all of the above and then

completely chose to not follow that plan....

THANK YOU, Amazing Grant! This is my point, exactly.

I give you the NY Giants of last year as an example. They brought Manning in, started him mid-year rather abruptly, pretty much changing the teams mode from attempting to contend with Kurt Warner to rebuilding with Manning. Not a word was said by anyone on the team about the move, at pleast not publicly. It was accepted that the team was heading in a different direction to rebuild now and win later and everyone was on board with that. Even when Manning's play was less than good, those first few games of his, they were all on board with the team's goals.

Youre not seeing that with the Bills. There is talk.."rumblings"....that everyone is NOT on board with "the plan". Whatever the reason for that, the fact that the entire team isnt working towards the same goal is very, very troubling.

551937[/snapback]

And go back one more year again....When Big Ben was inserted instead of

Maddox after Maddox was injured, their starting LG all-pro Alan Faneca

criticized and cried about his chances of making the playoffs being slim....and

how did Cowher handle it.....inside the locker room....not a distraction....

Veterans are going to B word about young QBs starting and playing inconsistently...

However it is up to the coaches to sell their plan and ensure that the young

player is not distracted and the veterans buy into it.....You have to win ball

games to make this go away....and Big Ben did just that....But if you go back

and see the 1st 5 or 6 games of Ben, they were Kyle Ortonesque.....except that

his teamates namely Hines Ward and the linemen and the RB and their Defense

took the onus of winning the game and not putting everything in the hands of

their young QB....

Unfortunately for us, neither our defense nor our OL nor the Running game

or our veteran WRs provided a semblance of support for the young QB and

they were all ready to put the blame on the young QB.

THANK YOU, Amazing Grant! This is my point, exactly.

I give you the NY Giants of last year as an example. They brought Manning in, started him mid-year rather abruptly, pretty much changing the teams mode from attempting to contend with Kurt Warner to rebuilding with Manning. Not a word was said by anyone on the team about the move, at pleast not publicly. It was accepted that the team was heading in a different direction to rebuild now and win later and everyone was on board with that. Even when Manning's play was less than good, those first few games of his, they were all on board with the team's goals.

Youre not seeing that with the Bills. There is talk.."rumblings"....that everyone is NOT on board with "the plan". Whatever the reason for that, the fact that the entire team isnt working towards the same goal is very, very troubling.

551937[/snapback]

The biggest difference is this situation and ours is coaching. If the giants had b!tched, coughlin would have beat some ass in the giants locker room. Over here, the players whine, and mularkey rolls over like a yellow bellied turd and caves in so he can be known as a "players coach"

When Big Ben was inserted instead of

Maddox after Maddox was injured, their starting LG all-pro Alan Faneca

criticized and cried about his chances of making the playoffs being slim

Wrong

That was yet another media created story.

A direct quote from Faneca:

"Everybody's got to do a little more," Faneca said. "Everybody's got to help out, got to do a little more, do a little extra, take that extra step, put the extra work in this week and rally around him and help out."

Yeah, he's really criticizing and crying there. :pirate:

But if you go back and see the 1st 5 or 6 games of Ben, they were Kyle Ortonesque

Wrong again. Roehtlisberger's 1st 6 games saw him put up 10 TD's to 4 picks for 188yrds/game with a completion % of 66.5.

After that fine start in his last 10 games he proceeded to put up 11 TD's to 15 turnovers for 185yrds/game with a completion % of about 63.

If you're going to repeatedly bash the Bills coaches and reach around the league for reasons they're inadequate, at least try not to flat out make stuff up.

Wrong

That was yet another media created story.

A direct quote from Faneca:

"Everybody's got to do a little more," Faneca said. "Everybody's got to help out, got to do a little more, do a little extra, take that extra step, put the extra work in this week and rally around him and help out."

Yeah, he's really criticizing and crying there.  :pirate:

Wrong again. Roehtlisberger's 1st 6 games saw him put up 10 TD's to 4 picks for 188yrds/game with a completion % of 66.5.

After that fine start in his last 10 games he proceeded to put up 11 TD's to 15 turnovers for 185yrds/game with a completion % of about 63.

If you're going to repeatedly bash the Bills coaches and reach around the league for reasons they're inadequate, at least try not to flat out make stuff up.

552236[/snapback]

I live in the Burgh and I remember ever media outlet critcizing Faneca for

giving that talk and Faneca had to back up a little bit on it...

My #s of Big Ben might have been wrong....but the point I was mak.ng was

Big Ben was not asked to make the plays.....he was asked to manage the

game (like Kyle Orton did this year).....His RBs scored 100yards consistently

and had their team leading in most of the games...His WRs put him in a

position where his catches could be caught only by them.....

I live in the Burgh and I remember ever media outlet critcizing Faneca for

giving that talk

Hence my statement that it was yet another media created story. :pirate:

I live in the Burgh .....

My #s of Big Ben might have been wrong.

For somebody that lives in Pixburgh, you should probably know a little more about the most famous Steel City debut year since Lemiuex, eh?

I live in the Burgh and I remember ever media outlet critcizing...

552256[/snapback]

Here's the big part that's being missed. Today's over-saturated media representatives need fuel to retain their jobs, especially when only a small percentage of them are even needed to get word out to the masses. This fuel can be based both on realities, and on stretches and exaggerations to generate controversy.

Hence my statement that it was yet another media created story.  :pirate:

For somebody that lives in Pixburgh, you should probably know a little more about the most famous Steel City debut year since Lemiuex, eh?

552267[/snapback]

peppy lemiuex?

If Vincent broke his leg on purpose than he should have been suspended by the team. 

550363[/snapback]

NO WAY he did it on purpose. That's amazing to even contimplate! Vincient is a good guy, may not be the best Free Safety in the league, the he's not a dirty player.