Losman's "attitude" turned off teamates

There is a reason that team didn't keep him- he's a me player. We needed a run stopper this year, and he chose to be a playmaker. Thats why his 10 sizes too big butt ended up on the bench!

550334[/snapback]

Doesn't mean he hasn't accomplished anything.

CW

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

During his first training camp, he stood at the fence and signed every autograph the kids asked for. That scores high in the "not a rooster" category to me.

Maybe he changed after they named him starter, but he was decent to the fans that year.

550365[/snapback]

Exactly. I think the "attitude" the players thought they saw was really them being pissed off at JP being handed the starters job. Blaming him for the decision TD made (and probably forced MM to go along with.) What's JP supposed to do but try to live up to the role of leader? The players probably smelled MM's lack of support for JP and pounced.

PTR

Most of JP's (lazy, overrated, whiney) teammates haven't won anything in the league either.  I'd love to know why they thought they were in a position to demand anything with regard to the direction the team was taking.  Other than knowing what it takes to come up short, the team as a whole doesn't seem all that informed.

550284[/snapback]

Milloy, Fletcher, Moulds, Adams????? Haven't they all been to the Super Bowl? I'd say they do have the right to speak up.

During his first training camp, he stood at the fence and signed every autograph the kids asked for. That scores high in the "not a rooster" category to me.

Maybe he changed after they named him starter, but he was decent to the fans that year.

550365[/snapback]

Maybe so but he's no Parker Stevenson.

Big difference between being cocky and being a rooster. Troy breaking the kid's leg last year, and Moulds comments this year lead me to believe he is more the second option.

550353[/snapback]

oh jesus mother of mary. vincent didn't break his leg on purpose. they were playing a little game called football. broken limbs happen all the time. where is this coming from?!?

Milloy, Fletcher, Moulds, Adams?????  Haven't they all been to the Super Bowl?  I'd say they do have the right to speak up.

550390[/snapback]

Some folks here think JP is JC and is going to walk across water and lead us to the promise land. I hope the kid succeeds but I'll stand in the corner of the vets before some rook.

oh jesus mother of mary. vincent didn't break his leg on purpose. they were playing a little game called football. broken limbs happen all the time. where is this coming from?!?

550396[/snapback]

Didn't this happen right around the time that Ted Nolan was having an affair with Dominic Haseks' wife?

Didn't this happen right around the time that Ted Nolan was having an affair with Dominic Haseks' wife?

550416[/snapback]

yep, and jp new too much because as soon as he arrived in buffalo he started hanging out with all of the a-holes and philanderers. hence the hiring of troy "gillooly" vincent to keep him quiet.

i will never forget that game, as i was already dancing in the aisle at joe robbie when he coughed that thing up....it happened on the opening drive, too. :D

i don't know...as much as i think mularkey is, as TD said, "CAPABLE of winning in this league," the interpersonal squabbles that have erupted on this team speak volumes for the job he has done this year.  i am NOT among those here who think marv levy walks on water, but i will say he was brilliant at managing personalities in such a way that that he got the most out of everybody.  that cluster!@#$ that erupted in '89 should have split the team once and for all, but it didn't.  imo, that was all marv.

by contrast, all we saw this year was one squabble after another between mularkey and his players, and, apparently among the players themselves.  that's not good leadership, and frankly, i thought that would be one of mularkey's strong suits going into this season...which makes this year's disaster that much more disappointing.

550422[/snapback]

not so fast - both moulds and adams played better near the end of the season. maybe mularkey got through to them.

Weve always heard JP is cocky. But how "cocky" does one have to be to have the ENTIRE team turn on him, and publicly to boot?

550433[/snapback]

I must be missing something. Where did the ENTIRE team publicly turn on him? I've seen a few of them voice support for Holcomb getting the opportunity next year but that's it.

not so fast - both moulds and adams played better near the end of the season. maybe mularkey got through to them.

550425[/snapback]

Or maybe both realized they are playing for a new contract for a new team...?? Show they still have alot left in the tank...

I hope Moulds doesnt go but at the same time, im having trouble forgiving/forgetting Moulds for what went down in Miami

So now it's leaking out that JP Losman "turned-off" his teammates with his attitude.  I guess that gives the defense a free pass for folding like a pack of cards, or for the O-line not to block, or for Willis to mail it in when he didn't feel like playing.

The Bears are in the playoffs with a rookie QB that played worse than JP.  The difference is the Bears have a REAL coach, (one TD could have hired, by the way) not one who can't make up his mind without asking his players what they think.

At least JP was trying, which is more than the rest of this sorry-a$$ team, that goes double for certain so-called veteran leaders.  Mullarkey has to be fired for creating this cluster***k.

PTR

550266[/snapback]

It's emarassing at how this team and these coaches have either directly or indirectly laid the blame of this pitiful season on JP's lap. It's shamefull when you considered how many players underperformed and how @ss backwords the playcalling had been the whole season. I don't know if he's a keeper but I'm in JP's corner all the way, at least the guy tried every week.

I must be missing something.  Where did the ENTIRE team publicly turn on him?  I've seen a few of them voice support for Holcomb getting the opportunity next year but that's it.

550436[/snapback]

There have been quite a few players interviewed where they came right out against JP. You never see that.