With thew game on the line, WM is "TIRED"

LabattBlue

Excerpt from the link below...

With the Bills trailing, 30-26, McGahee broke a 17-yard gain, his longest of the day, putting the Bills on the Jets' 34-yard line with 4:05 to play. He took himself out after that play and never carried the ball again. Operating out of the no-huddle, the Bills ran Shaud Williams for a 1-yard loss and had three futile pass plays.

McGahee said he took himself out because the Bills were in the hurry-up offense and he got tired. Why were the Bills in such a hurry? They began that possession at their own 36, with 5:55 to play. They had plenty of time. If running the no-huddle forced their best running back out of the game at a crucial time, was it really worth it?

http://buffalonews.com/editorial/20060102/1034696.asp

This was only the 3rd play in the series and neither of the first two were carries by WM. How can you be tired? WTF is up with this guy?

;)

Excerpt from the link below...

With the Bills trailing, 30-26, McGahee broke a 17-yard gain, his longest of the day, putting the Bills on the Jets' 34-yard line with 4:05 to play. He took himself out after that play and never carried the ball again. Operating out of the no-huddle, the Bills ran Shaud Williams for a 1-yard loss and had three futile pass plays.

McGahee said he took himself out because the Bills were in the hurry-up offense and he got tired. Why were the Bills in such a hurry? They began that possession at their own 36, with 5:55 to play. They had plenty of time. If running the no-huddle forced their best running back out of the game at a crucial time, was it really worth it?

http://buffalonews.com/editorial/20060102/1034696.asp

This was only the 3rd play in the series and neither of the first two were carries by WM.  How can you be tired? WTF is up with this guy?

This goes back to another moronic move by MM... getting rid of Rusty Jones and replacing with one of his cronies. I never remember players being "tired" or "winded" until this year. ;)

:lol:

548348[/snapback]

This actually does bring up a good point. For as much criticism as MM has received for not running Willis enough on Sunday -- I seemed to recall TOO many times when Willis was on the sidelines sucking up air. To me there is clearly a conditioning problem here that is also evidenced by Willis' tailing off after the halfway mark of the season.

Is this going to be an on going problem with Willis -- or is it a problem with the strength and conditioning coach?

It is also a clear indicator that we need a second quality back to take up some of those carries when Willis is genuinely gassed. You know, someone a little better than Shaud Williams. Even Thurman had Kenneth Davis to spell him.

Is this going to be an on going problem with Willis -- or is it a problem with the strength and conditioning coach?

548453[/snapback]

Bingo. Here's a big problem, IMO:

Brad Roll

Read the guy's bio. He's a weightlifting guy...not one word about conditioning, nutrition, etc. which was Rusty Jones' forte. The team has repeatedly tired in the second half of games this year and many players just don't look like they have much stamina.

Another strike against MM for bringing this guy in at the expense of a HOF conditioning guy. Oh, the humanity.....

Bingo.  Here's a big problem, IMO:

Brad Roll

Read the guy's bio.  He's a weightlifting guy...not one word about conditioning, nutrition, etc. which was Rusty Jones' forte.  The team has repeatedly tired in the second half of games this year and many players just don't look like they have much stamina.

Another strike against MM for bringing this guy in at the expense of a HOF conditioning guy.    Oh, the humanity.....

548481[/snapback]

TD should have stepped in and showed some loyalty to Rusty Jones. Instead MM was allowed to shove him into a corner to the point where he quit and went to Chicago.

F*** Brad Roll! :unsure:

TD should have stepped in and showed some loyalty to Rusty Jones.  Instead MM was allowed to shove him into a corner to the point where he quit and went to Chicago.

F*** Brad Roll! :unsure:

549133[/snapback]

Get it right:

F***ing Brad "Sweet" Roll!

Bingo.  Here's a big problem, IMO:

Brad Roll

Read the guy's bio.  He's a weightlifting guy...not one word about conditioning, nutrition, etc. which was Rusty Jones' forte.  The team has repeatedly tired in the second half of games this year and many players just don't look like they have much stamina.

Another strike against MM for bringing this guy in at the expense of a HOF conditioning guy.    Oh, the humanity.....

548481[/snapback]

I question the how much utility these conditioning guys have. Sure, maybe for the big, fat guys they are useful, but does Willis actually need someone to tell him how to get into shape? That strikes me as just being silly.

I question the how much utility these conditioning guys have.  Sure, maybe for the big, fat guys they are useful, but does Willis actually need someone to tell him how to get into shape?  That strikes me as just being silly.

549136[/snapback]

Are you saying that Rusty Jones wasn't a big part of the Bills success during the 90s?

Or considering the "great job" :unsure: he did with perennial fatso's like Sam Adams and Mike Wlliams, maybe it should be Brad "Jelly" Roll. :P

549146[/snapback]

;)

I'll go for that, and hope he's working at Dunkin' Doughnuts sometime soon. :lol:

Are you saying that Rusty Jones wasn't a big part of the Bills success during the 90s?

549144[/snapback]

I'm saying that slapping a title "conditioning coach" onto someone probably makes them more important than they really are.

We aren't talking about taking your average message board poster and turning them into an NFL-caliber athlete. These guys have already achieved physical pinnacles that most never see.

The point is that WM is a world-class athlete who also came back from a devastating knee injury. Me thinks he already knows what it takes to avoid getting winded after a 20 yard sprint.

I'm saying that slapping a title "conditioning coach" onto someone probably makes them more important than they really are.

We aren't talking about taking your average message board poster and turning them into an NFL-caliber athlete.  These guys have already achieved physical pinnacles that most never see.

The point is that WM is a world-class athlete who also came back from a devastating knee injury.  Me thinks he already knows what it takes to avoid getting winded after a 20 yard sprint.

549163[/snapback]

Frequently getting a little blow on the sidelines perhaps?

That's where he was a good deal of the time this year on 3rd and whatever.

I put that mostly on the coaching.

Pat Williams and Ted Washington played next to each other in the Rusty Jones era. He did a friggin whale of a job conditioning them. Jamie Nails anyone? Jerry Crafts? I have a lot of respect for Rusty Jones but to criticize the team for letting Rusty Jones go and that Willis suffered and is out of shape because of it, one of the more remarkable physical specimins you will ever see, is, well, silly.