THE DRAFT......

sven233

I have my own opinions about the draft, but I want to hear some of yours. It seems like there is a lot of posts out there saying that this guy and that guy will be gone by the time the Bills pick. I know, a lot of talent will be off the board, but remember guys, we are picking 8th. So, that means only 7 players will be off the board by the time the Bills pick. Also, we know 2 of the picks for sure with Leinart and Bush. So, that leaves 5 other players that will be gone. Who will they be? Place your best guess!

Unfortunately, the guy I want.....DA BRICK........will be one of them. I just don't see him getting pat the Jets. So, there is 3 off the board. Looks like Williams will be off the board as well. There's 4. Hawk from Ohio St. will be gone as well. That's 5! That leave 2 more. This is where it gets interesting. Who do you guys think those other 2 will be?

Oh, please no more of this Ngata stuff. He IS NOT a stud and IS NOT worth a top 10 pick. He might be OK in the pros, but he is NOT a star.

One more thing.....since Brick is the guy I want, I am looking for some wy to get him........I don't think it can happen, but I'd love to hear some ideas. I can't come up with any scenerio. Trading up looks to be the only possible way (although I WOULD do that for this guy........he IS DOMINANT AND WILL BE A STUD AND STAR).

So, let's hear everyone's top 8 picks and where they are going to go!

1. Houston

2. NO

3. Ten

4. NYJ

5. GB

6. SF

7. Oak

8. BUF

I have my own opinions about the draft, but I want to hear some of yours.  It seems like there is a lot of posts out there saying that this guy and that guy will be gone by the time the Bills pick.  I know, a lot of talent will be off the board, but remember guys, we are picking 8th.  So, that means only 7 players will be off the board by the time the Bills pick.  Also, we know 2 of the picks for sure with Leinart and Bush.  So, that leaves 5 other players that will be gone.  Who will they be?  Place your best guess!

Unfortunately, the guy I want.....DA BRICK........will be one of them.  I just don't see him getting pat the Jets.  So, there is 3 off the board.  Looks like Williams will be off the board as well.  There's 4.  Hawk from Ohio St. will be gone as well.  That's 5!  That leave 2 more.  This is where it gets interesting.  Who do you guys think those other 2 will be?

Oh, please no more of this Ngata stuff.  He IS NOT a stud and IS NOT worth a top 10 pick.  He might be OK in the pros, but he is NOT a star. 

One more thing.....since Brick is the guy I want, I am looking for some wy to get him........I don't think it can happen, but I'd love to hear some ideas.  I can't come up with any scenerio.  Trading up looks to be the only possible way (although I WOULD do that for this guy........he IS DOMINANT AND WILL BE A STUD AND STAR). 

1. Houston

2. NO

3. Ten

4. NYJ

5. GB

6. SF

7. Oak

8. BUF

548174[/snapback]

BILLS PICKS...

1.BIG FAT LAZY O LINEMAN

2. 150 LB scatback

3.WHITE DE WITH MOTOR

4.WR from UB

My Top 8 pix are...

1. Houston- Reggie Bush

2. NO- A.J Hawk ;)

3. Ten- Vince Young ( which means, in my opinion, the longhorns will be the tar out of USC!)

4. NYJ- Matthew Leinart

5. GB- "Super" Mario Williams

6. SF- D'Brickshaw Ferguson

7. Oak- DeMeco Ryans

8. BUF- HALATI NGATA

With the talent available and the multiple holes that all these team have, I expect a lot of trading on draft day. I'm sure the draft order looks nothing like this...

1. Houston - Bush

2. NO - Leinhart (or Young)

3. Ten - Mario Williams

4. NYJ - Vince Young (or Leinhart)

5. GB - Mathias Kiwanuka

6. SF - Ferguson

7. Oak - AJ Hawk

8. BUF - ???

I think they go with either Ngata or Winston...depending on Free Agency.

If Brick was still there at 6..............there is NO WAY that you can let him go.  You HAVE to trade up for this guy.

548192[/snapback]

That's assuming SF would trade. I think if Brick is there when they pick they jump at him. They are dealing with the same situation we are. Young QB behind a really bad line.

So maybe we try and swing something with GB at 5? I think you might be right on with their pick and he would be there at 8 if we traded with them....That 3rd for Henry might come in handy....probably will take a bit more than that, but that would be a start. But I think we could work something out with GB at 5 if he is still on the board at that point.

Also, I don't believe Young will be coming out. Seems like he is going to be staying 1 more year. (On a side note, am I the only one who thinks Young will NOT be a good NFL QB?)

So maybe we try and swing something with GB at 5?  I think you might be right on with their pick and he would be there at 8 if we traded with them....That 3rd for Henry might come in handy....probably will take a bit more than that, but that would be a start.  But I think we could work something out with GB at 5 if he is still on the board at that point.

Also, I don't believe Young will be coming out.  Seems like he is going to be staying 1 more year.  (On a side note, am I the only one who thinks Young will NOT be a good NFL QB?)

548205[/snapback]

I wouldn't want Young, but he'll go high. Top 15 if he slips past the Jets. If nothing else, he'll sell tickets.

folks PLEASE....

Trading up is the last thing that this team should do.....in fact I am not sure that trading down from 8 to possible 15 or so wouldn't be the BETTER thing to do and pick up a possible late 2nd rounder.....

This team has needs that go further then a Left Tackle......or even a DE......we need guys that can come out and fill needs on this team right away.....

- We need MORE THEN ONE OL that can play on the job and play well enough not to get our QB killed......we might get a good one in free agency like Lebently or Huchinson but we HAVE to have at least one more starter AND a guy who can come in and play multiple positions.....

- We need MORE THEN ONE DL.....we need a space eater and we also need a situational pass rusher DE so we can mix up our packages......

We are also going to need another WR.....but I think we should look to free agency for that....

Some guys on my radar

Gabe Watson

Nagata

McKniel

still working on other names

By no means should a team in our situation give up picks to trade up....we NEED them.

folks PLEASE....

Trading up is the last thing that this team should do.....in fact I am not sure that trading down from 8 to possible 15 or so wouldn't be the BETTER thing to do and pick up a possible late 2nd rounder.....

This team has needs that go further then a Left Tackle......or even a DE......we need guys that can come out and fill needs on this team right away.....

- We need MORE THEN ONE OL that can play on the job and play well enough not to get our QB killed......we might get a good one in free agency like Lebently or Huchinson but we HAVE to have at least one more starter AND a guy who can come in and play multiple positions.....

- We need MORE THEN ONE DL.....we need a space eater and we also need a situational pass rusher DE so we can mix up our packages......

We are also going to need another WR.....but I think we should look to free agency for that....

Some guys on my radar

Gabe Watson

Nagata

McKniel

still working on other names

By no means should a team in our situation give up picks to trade up....we NEED them.

548246[/snapback]

I know what you are saying about having more than 1 need on the O-Line. But, if you read my other posts, I am a big supporter of picking up at least 1 of the following 2:

Bentley

Hutchinson

I think you could get both if you wanted to. However, if we were to get DA BRICK, we would only probably need 1 of the 2. Depending on what we do with Preston (we have no idea what he is going to be able to do because he got very little playing time this year), Bentley might be the choice. But, if that is the case, you still need a LG (unles you put Bentley there........his natural position).

But, all I am saying is that DA BRICk is perhaps the best OT prospect since Tony Bosselli (sp?) and Orlando Pace. This guy is a stud and would play LT for you for the next 10 years. A guy like this isn't around very often and when you have a chance to get him....even if it means trading up a couple spots, you have to get him.

i think there are some good prospects at OT and DT this year, we need at least 1 and more like 2 of each.

i say we should pick based on who is available, but in the first and 2nd rounds there should be at least one solid guy at each of those positions when we are on the board, don't want to trade up unless we are getting a super player and it doesn't cost us a shot at a DT/LT this year.

could be a pretty exciting weekend in April

I don't care if The Incredible Hulk is available ahead of the Bills as the Top OT...I think a Trade up would be a mistake...The Bills have a decent amount of Picks in the Top 110 or so, depleting that pool would be counter productive to a Team with so many Needs...

BTW... Ferguson is a good Player and definitely the Top OT in this Draft, but there is virtually no such thing as a sure thing in the NFL Draft...If you are one Player/Position away, Trading up can be easily explained...But the Bills have multiple Needs all over the Roster...I just don't see how Trading Up and giving up Draft Picks does the Bills any good in the long run...

Just my opinion... :blink:

I have my own opinions about the draft, but I want to hear some of yours.  It seems like there is a lot of posts out there saying that this guy and that guy will be gone by the time the Bills pick.  I know, a lot of talent will be off the board, but remember guys, we are picking 8th.  So, that means only 7 players will be off the board by the time the Bills pick.  Also, we know 2 of the picks for sure with Leinart and Bush.  So, that leaves 5 other players that will be gone.  Who will they be?  Place your best guess!

Unfortunately, the guy I want.....DA BRICK........will be one of them.  I just don't see him getting pat the Jets.  So, there is 3 off the board.  Looks like Williams will be off the board as well.  There's 4.  Hawk from Ohio St. will be gone as well.  That's 5!  That leave 2 more.  This is where it gets interesting.  Who do you guys think those other 2 will be?

Oh, please no more of this Ngata stuff.  He IS NOT a stud and IS NOT worth a top 10 pick.  He might be OK in the pros, but he is NOT a star. 

One more thing.....since Brick is the guy I want, I am looking for some wy to get him........I don't think it can happen, but I'd love to hear some ideas.  I can't come up with any scenerio.  Trading up looks to be the only possible way (although I WOULD do that for this guy........he IS DOMINANT AND WILL BE A STUD AND STAR). 

1. Houston

2. NO

3. Ten

4. NYJ

5. GB

6. SF

7. Oak

8. BUF

548174[/snapback]

1. Houston-----------Reggie Bush-USC

2. New Orleans------Matt Leinart-USC

3. Tennessee---------D'Brick Ferguson-Virginia

4. N.Y. Jets-----------Mario Williams- N.C. State

5. Green Bay--------DeAngelo Williams- Memphis

6. Oakland-----------AJ Hawk- Ohio State

7. San Francisco----Jimmy Williams- Virginia Tech

8. Buffalo?

My Top Two Choices

Mathias Kiwanuka DE- Boston College- IMO has the best chance at becoming a star of the players still on the board. He's known not only for his skill as a pass rusher, but also as a run stuffer, where he's led BC to one of the best run defenses in the nation. My main concern is he projects more as a speed rushing RE at 255, then a LE that could play opposite a small Aaron Schobel. If we get a little more size in the interior with a player like Grady Jackson, Kiwanuka would come more of a possibility, but in no way could we afford to draft him and stay undersized in the middle.

Haloti Ngata DT- Oregon- We need help at DT, especially in the ground game, and that’s exactly what Ngata will bring. Many people jumped off the wagon after watching his uninspired bowl game, but he still demanded double and triple teams all night, and held his positioning in the interior. I see Ngata as an immensely talented player that could help us, but somebody who doesn't have the motivation to reach his potential.

Other getting consideration

Michael Huff SS-Texas- Physical ball hawking safety that is climbing up the draft boards quickly.

Chad Greenway OLB-Iowa- Great size and athleticism, and equally versed at the run and pass. Would have top 5 potential in many draft classes.

Vernon Davis TE- Maryland- Workout warrior, who is a freak of an athlete. He will put up numbers that exceed Ben Watson combine outputs.