the other shoe drops

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd guess alot of assistant coaching changes will be made on both sides of the ball....

I dont think Tom will be canned....he obviously has done a good job making the organization money...his GM title may be taken to appease the fans, remaining president(but he will still have a bigtime say on all roster moves...)

Well to be fair, the Bills were one quarter away from sweeping the Dolphins this year, with a team with worse talent, if not for Moulds.  But as I said, he's likely a goner if the Bills make a GM change.

547464[/snapback]

How on earth do you blame the Miami loss on Moulds?

How on earth do you blame the Miami loss on Moulds?

547500[/snapback]

I dont personally blame the Miami game on Moulds but I understand the theory. That when he took himself out of the game and threw his hissyfit and was benched for insubordination, the offense tanked, we scored no points the rest of the game, Reed and Aiken could not pick up the slack and the Dolphins were let back in it and won. If he just played and tried like he is paid millions to do, we likely would have won.

ive seen enough of mike....a good coach would utilize the non talent he has.a good coach wouldn't be trying trick plays.a good coach would have started and stuck with jp losman and not try for the extra wins just to save his job.

547477[/snapback]

Exactly.

I dont personally blame the Miami game on Moulds but I understand the theory. That when he took himself out of the game and threw his hissyfit and was benched for insubordination, the offense tanked, we scored no points the rest of the game, Reed and Aiken could not pick up the slack and the Dolphins were let back in it and won. If he just played and tried like he is paid millions to do, we likely would have won.

547504[/snapback]

How about we didn't score again because Mularkey went into coast/trick play/game's already won mode. Besides, according to most around here Moulds isn't any good anymore, and the offense is just fine without him.

How about we didn't score again because Mularkey went into coast/trick play/game's already won  mode.  Besides, according to most around here Moulds isn't any good anymore, and the offense is just fine without him.

547525[/snapback]

The offense scored three passing touchdowns in the first quarter with a good part of the credit to Moulds for being a quality receiver that the Dolphins and all other teams must account for. Once he went out, because he was an ass, the Fins were able to shut down Evans and didnt need to worry about Aiken and Reed and we were shut out. Surely this must have been self-evident.

"Changes Will Be Made: Ralph Wilson told reporters after the game that changes will be made. He said there will be a change in structure over the next couple of days but he won't just hope they will get better. He said he will talk to Mike Mularey and see what he needs but there will be changes. He said he's disappointed in the season and the fact that they had an inexperience quarterback had something to do with it but wouldn't blame the season on J.P. Losman."

Whats up with saying it had to do with the inexperience of JP. Jp didnt play more than half the season. Ya he came in inexerienced but the sad part is he came out inexperienced also. I believe there needs to be changes but dont blame Losman talk to TD and MM. Just my thoughts andone disagree or agree.

I'm thrilled to hear Ralph say this. It means he still has plenty marbles left.

Does ANYBODY here have any confidence that Mularkey can outcoach Belichick...or even Nick Saban? Well then, what's he doing as our coach? If we can't get by those two, we'll never have a shot. Belichick is going to be in the Bills' way for the next 15 years. He's not going anywhere.

The problem, of course, is...who's out there who's better? Smarter?

Don't say Bob Fuggin Stoops and Jim Fuggin Fossel.

I'd give Kirk Ferentz a maybe and Bill Parcells is a dream that won't come true.

With all the coaching changes this offseason, it's going to be slim pickings.

But I wonder what the scouting dynamic really is at OBD. I mean, has Donahoe vetoed anything and gone with a guy that the scouts or Modrak liked? Or has the reverse happened and he's foisted picks like Losman and Mike Williams on the group? (Just using those as examples, so don't jump on me, Losman apologists)

I think in the outcome, we'll learn a lot about many things we've long wondered.

At least I hope so. But hope and Bills football hasn't been a successful marriage yet.

547453[/snapback]

Former bills qb coach steve kragthorpe, I posted this 3 weeks ago and was shot down but the fact is this guy is a leader! Leaves the bills, takes over tulsa after back to back 1 win seasons.

With somebody else's players he turns around the team wins 6 games first year and this year he spanks Fresno state in a bowl game , Fresno was a top 20 team and heavy favorites the other night!!!

Kragthorpe is only 40 years old, I'm telling you guys right now this guy is a LEADER and also has more headcoaching exp. than either of the last 2 idiots combined!!! He is also someone that could handle the qb problem these current idiots have created!

"Changes Will Be Made: Ralph Wilson told reporters after the game that changes will be made. He said there will be a change in structure over the next couple of days but he won't just hope they will get better. He said he will talk to Mike Mularey and see what he needs but there will be changes. He said he's disappointed in the season and the fact that they had an inexperience quarterback had something to do with it but wouldn't blame the season on J.P. Losman."

Whats up with saying it had to do with the inexperience of JP. Jp didnt play more than half the season. Ya he came in inexerienced but the sad part is he came out inexperienced also. I believe there needs to be changes but dont blame Losman talk to TD and MM. Just my thoughts andone disagree or agree.

547538[/snapback]

I read that as "The transition to JP complicated matters, but I don't blame JP." I think MM's out, honestly.

"I'm going to talk to Mike and see what he has to say and see what he thinks he needs. But there are going to be some changes. What's that old song? 'There are going to be some changes made'? Frankly I forget the words beyond there are going to be some changes made.

I read *that* one as "I haven't made up my mind on Mike right yet, but I'm pissed right now. He'd better have a damn good story prepared, or he's out, too."

The offense scored three passing touchdowns in the first quarter with a good part of the credit to Moulds for being a quality receiver that the Dolphins and all other teams must account for. Once he went out, because he was an ass, the Fins were able to shut down Evans and didnt need to worry about Aiken and Reed and we were shut out. Surely this must have been self-evident.

Thanks for replying for me. While the play-calling and defense share a large portion of the blame, Moulds' actions were inexcusable. Bad plays and play-calls happen, but a player should never throw a tantrum because his teammate is getting TD's thrown to him. If Moulds were being ignored AND the Bills' offense were stalling, I'd have more sympathy for him, but it still wouldn't excuse what he did. And maybe if he'd stayed in Buffalo to work with his new QB, like Evans did, he'd have had more passes thrown to him.

547532[/snapback]

Didn't we have 2 redzone turnovers without Moulds in the game? Perhaps that is why we didn't score, not the lack of Moulds?

Didn't we have 2 redzone turnovers without Moulds in the game?  Perhaps that is why we didn't score, not the lack of Moulds?

;)

So WITH Moulds in there, the Bills turn it over even more? Or less?

And let me ask you this. You think Mould's presence is good for a 1st down? And do you think even just 1 more 1st down would have helped win the game?

Didn't we have 2 redzone turnovers without Moulds in the game?  Perhaps that is why we didn't score, not the lack of Moulds?

547572[/snapback]

Like i said, I don't personally blame Moulds for the entire loss. I will say, however, that if Moulds didn't have a completely unwarranted meltdown when he did, I think we win that game. Sure, there were other ways we could have won it, or not lost it, but missed reads and bad passes happen. This doesn't happen.

It would be very surprising if the new GM was told he could not hire his own coach.  What has Mularkey done to become untouchable?

547488[/snapback]

If the Bills plan on replacing Donahoe with Tom Modrak, then it may be that Wilson and Modrak have already spoken and agree that Mularkey should remain.

Just a possibility.

>>>>On the season

"It's been terribly disappointing. With all the hype at the start of the season with a new young quarterback… but he was unproven. We had too much hype. You can talk about it, but you've got to do it. I just picked that out (as one example). I'm not blaming him (Losman) for it."<<<<

It is good to see that Mr. Wilson recognizes the idiocy of handing the team to Losman without competition.

The "hype" was just that.....hype.

TD had his ego bruised because the Bills lost to the scrubs of his alma mater. TD is a spent shell who should be swept outof Buffalo.

547429[/snapback]

I read this as a shot at the front office and not the players. They were so busy hyping and selling the product on paper, they didn't know that the product sucked. That is, they believed their own bull sh--.

Another example would be the Takeo Spikes injury. If the right talent was being brought in, then losing one guy out of 11 on defense should not have sent the entire team spiraling out of control. Everybody knows injuries are part of the game and one has to have backups and coaches that can "hide" points of weakness with some creativity.

Is Mularkey going to want to stay? Or will he fall on his sword ala Wade Phillips when Ralph gives him the business about his assistants?

If the Bills plan on replacing Donahoe with Tom Modrak,  then it may be that Wilson and Modrak have already spoken and agree that Mularkey should remain. 

Just a possibility.

547580[/snapback]

as much as i do not want mike back as our coach......that scenario sounds like the most plausable.i just hope tom modrak really does have a different vision than td did.i thought they worked closely together.if they did .then modrak has to shoulder some of this blame for this mess of a team