Biggest Bills disappointment this year...

LabattBlue

I thought before the season started that no matter how bad or good the team would be in 2005, that JP would at least make this season an exciting one.

Of course it doesn't help things when he is nailed to the bench. :D

PS I still believe he will be a good NFL QB!

540727[/snapback]

I'm not really sure I can rank the disappointments. Willis comes to mind. So does the OL. DL too.

Maybe Jerry Gray. I cannot believe that the loss of Pat Williams caused the D to fall into oblivion.

For me its the coaching staff, above all else.

Very rarely have they put together a game plan that plays to our strengths, hides weaknesses and attacks the opponent's vulnerablities. Maybe its a lack of confidence in the players' abilities, but it seems like a real drop off from the promise this staff showed last year (up to the Pittsburgh game).

The biggest disappointment this year is easily the vaunted defense. The loss of one player, even if he was our main run stopper, should not have brought this defense down from number 2 to number 28, or whatever the hell we are now. I expected a dopoff, but nothing remotely like what we have witnessed this year.

Next year, these guys better shut the fug up about how great they are going to be and just go out and play some damn football.

I'm disappointed in the offense, in the coaching staff, in the front offices inability to get good players for the OL, but I am absolutely DISGUSTED with the play of the defense.

I'm not really sure I can rank the disappointments.  Willis comes to mind.  So does the OL.  DL too. 

Maybe Jerry Gray.  I cannot believe that the loss of Pat Williams caused the D to fall into oblivion.

540731[/snapback]

You were disappointed in the O-Line????

That must mean you had high expectations. I'm not disappointed in the O-Line at all. I feel like they performed at the level I expected, which is lousy.

I am disappointed in the entire defense. They really let me down.

For me it's Brian Moorman - I hate seeing that guy every 3 plays :D

Seriously, I think it is Willis. I know the line is terrible, but he's not doing much to make things happen. He started out pretty well, but after he made that "best back in the NFL" comment he's been invisible. I'm also ticked that he doesn't seem to be very upset with his lack of carries/yards or upset that the team has no offense. Like I said, I know he's not wholly responsible, but when are the players themselves going to step up, get pissed and scream that the current situation is embarassing and unacceptable?

You were disappointed in the O-Line????

That must mean you had high expectations. I'm not disappointed in the O-Line at all. I feel like they performed at the level I expected, which is lousy.

I am disappointed in the entire defense. They really let me down.

540761[/snapback]

Ahh, no, I didn't have high expectations. But I hoped they would have performed at least as well as last year... I had hoped MW, who did improve last year, would blossom into a Pro-bowler.

But don't get me wrong. The D was supposed to do what it did last year, too.

That qualifies the pitiful Bills D as the biggest disappointment to me.

540734[/snapback]

Absolutely. Going from a #2 ranked D to nothing is fairly dissapointing. I remember late summer reading posters here who were worried JP would let the

D down and we are blowing the veteran D chance to win. :flirt:

The D let us all down time and time again. :w00t:B-)

For me its the coaching staff, above all else. 

Very rarely have they put together a game plan that plays to our strengths, hides weaknesses and attacks the opponent's vulnerablities.    Maybe its a lack of confidence in the players' abilities, but it seems like a real drop off from the promise this staff showed last year (up to the Pittsburgh game).

540738[/snapback]

This is what ticks me off, especially.

Last year, I thought we had the right guy in Mularkey. This year, he has clearly demonstrated that (as several posters have said) MM is in over his head.

So what happens? MM changes again and is a good coach next year? Unlikely.

His rookie year was just an anomaly where somehow he looked very good? Maybe so.

It sucks being a Bills fan.

I tried answering this question by taking the reverse, what has *not* been a disappointment about the season:

Pleasantries:

1) Brian Moorman (MVP!)

2) Special Teams play (Simply the best!)

3) Jason Peters (A hugely pleasant surprise!)

4) London Fletcher (He hasn't even been good for his usual 4-5 unsportsmanlike conducts per year this year!)

5) Fan Attendance (8 sellouts is huge for this franchise, *especially* this franchise, no matter how you cut it.)

On the cusp of being a pleasantry:

Terrence McGee (when healthy)

Shaud Williams (a decent change-of pace back)

Schobel (I somehow still can't get excited about him, though there's no denying the stats),

Justin Bannan and Tim Anderson (while awful early, I *may* be seeing signs of life, which is the only thing keeping them out of "disappointment")

No strong feelings either way:

Lindell, Shelton, Edwards, Crowell

And everything else rates as a definite disappointment - Losman, McGahee, the TE's, every single other O-lineman, the WR's (Moulds, Evans, and Parrish - all have had their ups and their downs, but have ultimately disappointed, although Parrish could be a surprising play-maker for us), Every DE not named Schobel, Adams, Posey, Clements, the Safeties, the Nickel and Dime Backers, Donahoe, Mularkey, Clements, Gray, Won-Loss Record, results vs. Miami, competitiveness in December, and of course, the Takeo Spikes injury.

JDG