Let me ask you all this...

Nervous Guy

what if one play changed in both of the first games...EVERYTHING else remained the same...BUT we won those games and were 2-0...would we still be unhappy? Because in reality, if one of several plays (goal line, dropped passes, etc...) went our way, those games were ours, they'd have been ugly wins, but still wins. I wonder if doom mongers would be as rampant.

Ugly putrid losses turned magically into ugly putrid wins.  Kind of like marrying an ugly poor girl vs. an ugly rich one.  Either way you go it's ugly.

No, in this case the screaming would be just as loud, IMO.  Also totally justified if you ask me.

38218[/snapback]

how many Patroit wins are "pretty"?

what if one play changed in both of the first games...EVERYTHING else remained the same...BUT we won those games and were 2-0...would we still be unhappy?  Because in reality, if one of several plays (goal line, dropped passes, etc...) went our way, those games were ours, they'd have been ugly wins, but still wins.  I wonder if doom mongers would be as rampant.

38212[/snapback]

You are EXACTLY right. And anyone who said after the Bills won two such ugly games that the Bills were a great team would be just as wrong as those who are saying now, after they lost those two games, that the Bills are hopeless.

We DON'T KNOW how good or bad this team is going to be in a month. We know they are 0-2 and have played poorly on offense, but that doesn't tell the whole story. We must wait and see.

Here's my answer in a word ... YES. Why? Well, in each game, i can also point to plays that - had they gone the other way - we would've not even been in a position to win at the end. Moulds' TD against the Jags came because a rookie forgot to cover an All-World receiver. And in the Raiders game, Jerry Rice was Coy Wire's man on the option that wasn't. If the other receiver gets that pass off, Rice scores jogging. So as far as 'what if' ... it works both ways.

38220[/snapback]

This year? None...

I take solace in the fact that Philly and NE both were 0-2 last year and wound up playing very well...and oh yeah, they looked really bad in their first two games as well.

There's still a lot of games left to play this year. I'm with ya NG.

I see your point, but even though I'd be happy with the wins, even a moron can see there are many flaws that could easily have put us at 0-2.

By the way, did anyone see the end of the Cowboys/Browns game? Garcia threw it up for grabs and Keyshawn was playing defense and you'll never guess what he did...He KNOCKED IT DOWN and Dallas won. See Nate, even a selfish WR knows what to do on that kind of play.

38220[/snapback]

Well, some think their QB is "pretty" not that there's anything wrong with that.

I can think of one win very late in the regular season last year that might be characterized as pretty by some. To be truthful though, I don't spend much time thinking about the Pats.

So, ~NG~ do you still see that our QB has IT? Frankly, I would be happy to eat my words, but if he ever had IT, IT has departed.

what if one play changed in both of the first games...EVERYTHING else remained the same...BUT we won those games and were 2-0...would we still be unhappy?  Because in reality, if one of several plays (goal line, dropped passes, etc...) went our way, those games were ours, they'd have been ugly wins, but still wins.  I wonder if doom mongers would be as rampant.

38212[/snapback]

I'd be mildiy happy about the Jags game (or at least the first 58 minutes), and distinctly unhappy about yesterday's. I appreciated the effort and improvement over last week I saw in game 1...but yesterday was just putrid. Bad running, bad blocking, bad receiving, bad throwing, bad tackling, bad special teams (save Moorman's and Thomas' heads-up improvised fake punt), and bad coaching. Yesterday was the kind of game that makes me say "Well...at least there's hockey...", but I don't even have that !@#$ing solace this year!!!!

So essentially you're asking if we'd rather be where we are or where the Jags are. Has any team started 2-0 and looked so bad in doing so in the history of the NFL? I know you have to go back to the 1940-something Chicago Cardinals to find a team with a 2-0 start that has scored 20 points in those two games.

If we were 2-0, I'd be in a much better mood because, like somone else said, it's all about winning and losing. But I wouldn't be reserving playoff tickets either. If we did make a play or two to be 2-0 instead of 0-2, it wouldn't change the fact that this team has serious issues with the offensive line and quarterback.

P.S. Why anyone would want to bench Travis is beyond me. I'm not saying we shouldn't give Willis more carries, especially around the goal line, but Drew is no good, the offensive line is no good, Josh Reed is awful, and our tight ends suck. The only offensive player you could argue to be more valuable to this team is Moulds, and I think it's safe to say he has made more mistakes through two games than Travis has.

38212[/snapback]

I for one would be happy because we won,

JUST WIN BABY

but we didn't win, so I'm pissed.

Bottom line, we all love the Bills,

but react differently to a loss.

Some choose to remain 100% positive,

some are quiet,

some (like me) choose to vent with others who choose to vent.

Personally, I feel better after doing so,

and I think this is a great forum for it..

If this really truly bothers the 100% positive or the quiet groups,

just use the ignore feature. :rolleyes: