r-e-s-p-e-c-t is what we need

1billsfan

This club needs a head coach that the players would look up to and play hard for. I know Kelly's never coached before, but the man did run the no huddle for 4 years straight to the Superbowl. Give either one of these guys some sound coordinators on both sides of the ball and keep Bobby April as the special teams coordinator.

I know a lot of guys here are clamoring for "experienced" head coaches but who would you seriously rather have as the next Bills head coach...Jim Kelly or Jim Fassel? As for Singletary, now one would be allowed to play with a lack of effort, that you could count on.

If Jack Del Rio can be a succesfull head coach I would have no doubts that these two old schoolers could do it.

This club needs a head coach that the players would look up to and play hard for. I know Kelly's never coached before, but the man did run the no huddle for 4 years straight to the Superbowl. Give either one of these guys some sound coordinators on both sides of the ball and keep Bobby April as the special teams coordinator.

I know a lot of guys here are clamoring for "experienced" head coaches but who would you seriously rather have as the next Bills head coach...Jim Kelly or Jim Fassel? As for Singletary, now one would be allowed to play with a lack of effort, that you could count on.

If Jack Del Rio can be a succesfull head coach I would have no doubts that these two old schoolers could do it.

530287[/snapback]

The head coach needs to be more than a figurehead. Elevating a guy with no coaching experience is about the only way I can think of to make the Bills' situation worse.

The head coach needs to be more than a figurehead.  Elevating a guy with no coaching experience is about the only way I can think of to make the Bills' situation worse.

530301[/snapback]

I'm thinking more than figurehead here. This offense needs someone with the chops to call plays on the fly. Rest assured Kelly can do this. I would hope that Sam Wyche could become assistant head coach and split some of the head coaching duties. Jim would obviously be JP's new "QB coach".

I'm so sick of all these delusional Bills fans wanting to hire Jim Kelly as HC or OC. He's never had any prior experience as a coach! Don't give me the excuse about calling his own plays because it isn't the same thing. As Mike and Mike in the morning would say, "Just Shutup."

I'm so sick of all these delusional Bills fans wanting to hire Jim Kelly as HC or OC.  He's never had any prior experience as a coach! Don't give me the excuse about calling his own plays because it isn't the same thing.  As Mike and Mike in the morning would say, "Just Shutup."

530310[/snapback]

You obviously didn't watch the game on Sunday. This team needs a HC with leadership skills much more than coaching experience. You listen to Mike and Mike's morning show? Sad, very sad.

Jim Kelly, almost 10 years after his retirement seems to be the answer to every problem in WNY...

530353[/snapback]

Yeah. Lets not hire Kelly or Levy. People need to stop living in the past. I mean no disrespect guys, really, but those days are long gone...

-Jeff

if jim kelly was serious and really wanted to learn how to coach........................................he would probably be awesome.i dont think he wants to put in the hard hours needed to be a coach.and i think calling your own plays is a very hard thing to do it must mean he knows a little about x's and o's.

Can we please discuss legitimate coaching candidates and not pie-in-the-sky fantasy coaches? Stop and think how many great players, in any sport, ever become great coaches? I can't think of too many. You would think anyone who did it could teach it, but things are never that simple.

PTR

Can we please discuss legitimate coaching candidates and not pie-in-the-sky fantasy coaches?  Stop and think how many great players, in any sport, ever become great coaches?  I can't think of too many.  You would think anyone who did it could teach it, but things are never that simple.

PTR

530391[/snapback]

Lindy Ruff!

I'm in agreement. The once-a-day "Pick Marv!" posts are really just fantasy. While it would be wonderful to have one of the old 90's team coach us to the big game, it's just not realistic.

Lindy Ruff!

I'm in agreement.  The once-a-day "Pick Marv!" posts are really just fantasy.  While it would be wonderful to have one of the old 90's team coach us to the big game, it's just not realistic.

530393[/snapback]

One man's fantasy is another man's nightmare...

Marv had success with one group of guys delivered to him on a platter by Bill Polian. BFD. Now the guy is mercilessly brought up every day as a solution to a problem he has never had to solve.

Lindy Ruff!

I'm in agreement.  The once-a-day "Pick Marv!" posts are really just fantasy.  While it would be wonderful to have one of the old 90's team coach us to the big game, it's just not realistic.

530393[/snapback]

Vince Lombardi or Tom Landry are avaliable, aren't they? I think they could turn this team around...

Jesus...high pain tolerance; charismatic; able to walk on water and turn water into wine. Heard he can cure the blind so he probably can help with JP's development and Josh Reed's dropsies. Good scout--can see right to the prospect's soul. Deals with the media like the pharisees.

Probably will work cheap. Has a birthday coming up--Ralph should send him a gift.

I will settle for nothing less. We have had the Son of Satan as a President/GM--perhaps we need to go another direction.

Sadly--this is one of the more sane speculations on the board these last couple of weeks...

Jesus...high pain tolerance; charismatic; able to walk on water and turn water into wine.  Heard he can cure the blind so he probably can help with JP's development and Josh Reed's dropsies.  Good scout--can see right to the prospect's soul.  Deals with the media like the pharisees.

Probably will work cheap.  Has a birthday coming up--Ralph should send him a gift.

I will settle for nothing less.  We have had the Son of Satan as a President/GM--perhaps we need to go another direction.

Sadly--this is one of the more sane speculations on the board these last couple of weeks...

530491[/snapback]

Never work. They'd lose too much money on concessions. He'd always be bringing a loaf of bread, a couple fish, and six-pack of Genny Cream Ale and feeding the entire crowd with it...