r-e-s-p-e-c-t is what we need

1billsfan

Never work.  They'd lose too much money on concessions.  He'd always be bringing a loaf of bread, a couple fish, and six-pack of Genny Cream Ale and feeding the entire crowd with it...

530496[/snapback]

Yeah but the collection plate passing after every touchdown would make up some of the lost revenue....

Can we please discuss legitimate coaching candidates and not pie-in-the-sky fantasy coaches?  Stop and think how many great players, in any sport, ever become great coaches?  I can't think of too many.  You would think anyone who did it could teach it, but things are never that simple.

PTR

Lindy Ruff!

530393[/snapback]

Lindy Ruff was not an NHL superstar. Of course there are many players who become coaches. I was talking about Hall-of-fame, superstars. Wayne Gretzky is coaching the Phoenix Coyotes, but beyond that, I can't think of any HOF type who even became a coach, much less a good one.

I'm just responding to the "Hire Jim Kelly" posters who equate playing ability with coaching ability.

PTR

Lindy Ruff was not an NHL superstar.  Of course there are many players who become coaches.  I was talking about Hall-of-fame, superstars.  Wayne Gretzky is coaching the Phoenix Coyotes, but beyond that, I can't think of any HOF type who even became a coach, much less a good one. 

I'm just responding to the "Hire Jim Kelly" posters who equate playing ability with coaching ability.

PTR

530619[/snapback]

To take this a step farther, does running the K-gun equate into a good coach? The offense relied on a pass catching RB, stretch the field TE (to work optimally) and sure handed recievers to create mismatches with the opposing D. This doesn't sound like the making of an offensive genious. Just my moronic opinion. :doh:

I'm so sick of all these delusional Bills fans wanting to hire Jim Kelly as HC or OC.  He's never had any prior experience as a coach! Don't give me the excuse about calling his own plays because it isn't the same thing.  As Mike and Mike in the morning would say, "Just Shutup."

530310[/snapback]

This reminds me of Chris Speilman interviewing for the HC of the Buckeyes although he had no previous coaching experience, at any level. He basically said that he didn't want to coach unless he was the HC.

He got his chance with the Destroyers in the AFL, and proceeded to win just one game.