Ralph interview is up

Dan III

It was very brief Dean..

He said:

1) He met with Eric for about a half hour

2) He considers Eric a friend that has played for the team for 10 years

3) He heard Eric's side and MM's side

4) He feels like Solomon trying to divide the baby

5) Eric would not be ready to play on Sunday because of missing practice Wed and Thursday

6) His decision is to suspend him without pay for one game and then let Eric back on the team for the final three games.

There were no questions allowed.

525404[/snapback]

This brief statement was no where close to a strong backing of MM, and seemed to me to be almost apologetic to EM...The statement was EM had not Practiced for 2 days, he would not be ready for Sunday anyway, so... he's Suspended for one week without pay...

Just my take on it...

I'm sure EMo had alot to say about his coach. And I'm sure Ralph listened. This IS the end of the TD and maybe even the MM era in Buffalo. Ralph respects EMo's vews and I'm sure he's going to take his opinions seriously. Can't blame Moulds for speaking up against these mo-mo's at all.

This brief statement was no where close to a strong backing of MM, and seemed to me to be almost apologetic to EM...The statement was EM had not Practiced for 2 days, he would not be ready for Sunday anyway, so... he's Suspended for one week without pay...

Just my take on it...

525434[/snapback]

May be cutting his losses...

Had he not suspended Moulds I would have viewed that as a slam on MM and he would be gone.  I'm not so sure now.  I think MM is back next year.....

525458[/snapback]

There was no way that Ralph wasn't going to back managment. But the simple fact that he came to Buffalo to find out for himself what was going on doesn't boad well for TD or Mularkey. If he had faith in those two he would have simply said to them over the phone, "do what you think is best for the team."

I kind of thought the same thing. However if I'm EM I'd be bit upset that I'm going to lose a games pay casue I'm not ready to play when it was the coaches choice to not allow me to practice all week.

Persoanlly I think EM will appeal through the NFLPA, and maybe win as it seems the Bills are on much thinner ground than the Eagles were. Any maybe Ralph knows that but just went along with MM today as he really didn't have much choice other than to fire MM instead.

Just my take on it...

525434[/snapback]

I kind of thought the same thing. However if I'm EM I'd be bit upset that I'm going to lose a games pay casue I'm not ready to play when it was the coaches choice to not allow me to practice all week.

Persoanlly I think EM will appeal through the NFLPA, and maybe win as it seems the Bills are on much thinner ground than the Eagles were.  Any maybe Ralph knows that but just went along with MM today as he really didn't have much choice other than to fire MM instead.

525496[/snapback]

Ralph may also be paying EM "on the side". If no appeal is filed, my guess is that is what happened.

525496[/snapback]

That was standard spin-control by Ralph...a 10-year vet not ready to play on a week's rest, so he's suspended without pay for that game? Not bloody likely. That was Ralph's way of trying to let Moulds save some face...so he could say "I wasn't suspended because of anything I did..."

Persoanlly I think EM will appeal through the NFLPA, and maybe win as it seems the Bills are on much thinner ground than the Eagles were.  Any maybe Ralph knows that but just went along with MM today as he really didn't have much choice other than to fire MM instead.

525496[/snapback]

Agreed...Not throwing MM at least a small bone would REALLY blow up in The Press... :flirt:

This whole mess makes MM look foolish -- especially in light of the way he treats Sam Adams and WM.

The whole thing is going to back fire on him.

The thing that kills me is that MM said that he had a good talk with EM on Monday and then the Bills leak that EM did not show up for a mandatory meeting. Very, very odd.

this whole things makes Mularkey and Donahoe look like stooges.

when has this organization ever needed Ralph to come in an handle something when the coach and management have lost control?  Other than to have him come in and fire a coach or GM?  These guys are one some real thin ice.

525433[/snapback]

Trust me. They are gone after the season. RW is just bidding his time. Who would run the team for the remainder of the season if he fires them all now ?

Poor Ralph was placed in an almost impossible position here, which is why he'd have been better off not getting involved -- and just backing whatever decison that MM and TD made, which is what it sounds like he wound up doing anyway.

If he really felt that EM was in the right, he didn't have to fine him a game's check.

Of course, we don't know what parameters he was working with. Was MM asking for a 4-game suspension -- and the 1-game net-out was actually a compromise?

Pardon me, if I am still confused by all of this. Moulds claims that he took himself out of the game on Sunday because of an Achilles problem. He also said that he DID meet with MM. If all of that is true then he certainly has grounds for appeal. And, since MM and TD aren't talking, we have no way of knowing for sure. Maybe the Achilles thing was a spin after the fact that EM and his agent came up with -- and maybe the Monday meeting took place only AFTER MM hunted EM down when he was a no-show.

This is all becomming very silly and embarrassing -- and something tells me that we haven't heard the last of this.