The Moulds situation

Dawgg

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, I don't really get it myself.  "Do what the coaches tell you to do and shut up!"  Ummm, if my boss came to me and said, "There's this big project coming up that you have a lot of experience with, but we're going to let this new guy out of college run the whole thing and you can sit back and clean up the filing cabinets for us," I'd be complaining very loudly and I would assume most people here would do the same. 

523350[/snapback]

And if you did it loud enough to attract negative attention to your employer, you'd be lucky to only get a suspension.

reading these responses, it makes me think more and more that buffalonians simply don't like star players who want to make plays. frankly, i think they'd prefer a team of timmy tindales and brandon spoons.  the responses here are unbelievable and depressing.

523325[/snapback]

Unbelievable and depressing is exactly right!

I am shocked, *shocked* I tell you, to hear that our best WR would be upset about not being in the gameplan for a game against Miami with our playoff hopes on the line! Why, he aught to be cut for being upset like that!

JDG

It just makes me sad and mad.  There is obviously alot going on that we, as fans, are not hearing about.  Obviously we don't know Moulds; we only know what we see and read, but it doesn't bode well for the Bills as a whole when a 10 year veteran who has given his all for the team is suddenly so pissed at the coach's decisions that he decides not to play (or is benched).  It makes it difficult to get quality free agents to want to go to Buffalo.  Let's face it, there are certainly more attractive markets to play in where you can play under the warmth of a dome or under the sunny skies of SD or FL, effectively extending your career more by not having to deal with the (at times) horrendous conditions at RWS.  Remember Adams had his issues with the staff, too.  Granted, Adams has always been known as a "me" type player, but Moulds has not.  Something really stinks and I am not sure who to blame, but Mularkey is only in his second year and Moulds has been there for a decade which leads me to point my finger of blame at the coach and the upper management.  GO BILLS!!!!

523336[/snapback]

Let's see, just this season alone, Mularkey has managed to royally piss off Sam Adams, Eric Moulds, and arguably Willis McGahee as well. That is a disturbing trend to me, and strongly questions his ability to manage personalities.

Mularkey should be the one to go this offseason, not Moulds.

JDG

And if you did it loud enough to attract negative attention to your employer, you'd be lucky to only get a suspension.

523363[/snapback]

And if we were fans/stockholders of the company, we would be calling for the empliyer to be fired, not the employee....

JDG

For the conspiracy theorists...

I wonder if TD told Mularkey not to use EM so JP didn't establish a connection with him & it would be easier to let him go.

Something stinks at OBD and it starts at the top. Two respected veteran players going off on Mularkey? Mularkey wanting to SUSPEND EM? Thats ridiculous. How many times did Marv have personality conflicts during the glory years? All those guys were strong willed, but it never came out like this. This whole organization with TD, Mularkey, Tom CLements etc. is a joke.

I wonder if TD told Mularkey not to use EM so JP didn't establish a connection with him & it would be easier to let him go.

Something stinks at OBD and it starts at the top.  Two respected veteran players going off on Mularkey?  Mularkey wanting to SUSPEND EM?  Thats ridiculous.  How many times did Marv have personality conflicts during the glory years?  All those guys were strong willed, but it never came out like this.  This whole organization with TD, Mularkey, Tom CLements etc. is a joke.

523377[/snapback]

Other than Chris Burkett, noone really this bad. And Burkett was dismissed.

reading these responses, it makes me think more and more that buffalonians simply don't like star players who want to make plays. frankly, i think they'd prefer a team of timmy tindales and brandon spoons.  the responses here are unbelievable and depressing.

523325[/snapback]

Agreed.

What's more disturbing is that the HEAD COACH seems to be against having great veteran players on his side as well.

Good grief.

This all smells of yet another hatchet job coming from TD and his cronies. We all know that Moulds won't be back next year due to his cap liability. Rather than trying to get the most we can out of him in this final year, in true Travelgate fashion, TD and co. are doing their best to villify him before kicking him to the curb.

It's similar to what happened last year with Big Pat and Jonas. TD made them out be be greedy bastards -- so that we wouldn't complain too much when they signed elsewhere. In JJ's case, I don't think it mattered because we were not going to be able to pay near what SF offerred up. However, in Big Pat's case, I really do think that we could have come to terms with him if we had wanted to, as he didn't necessarily get much more from Minny than our front office reportedly offered.

Maybe EM is being a bit of a prima donna, but good coaches and managers know how to motivate these guys. Clearly that isn't happening here.

The number one thing about a job is that it needs to provide satisfaction, and it doesn't matter how much money you're making, that doesn't provide satisfaction.

523350[/snapback]

This is true from the employers perspective if you are trying to avoid turnover.

Does anyone know the impact on Mould's salary/cap hit if he retires?

Another example of great game planning; take your best receiver and use him as a decoy. Suppose the Colts did that with Marvin Harrison and the Bengals with C. Johnson?

When you look at it from that perspective it seems pretty ridiculous to me. :D:(

523363[/snapback]

Except that Moulds hasn't done anything to attract attention to the situation, MM has. Moulds defered comment, MM is the one drawing attention to it by trying to suspend Moulds.

Umm... Lou Piccone WAS good and made many big catches and ST plays for several years..

Try again.

523344[/snapback]

Jamie Mueller was a great lead blocker. He had a broken neck and left the game very early in his career, but I for one would've loved to have seen what Thurman could've done with a real fullback leading the way. Mueller was no Tim Tinsdale.

I can't wait till Malarkey is canned. Not putting Eric Moulds in your gameplan...brilliant! What a joke of a coach. How about benching some of the interior linemen who have contributed nothing this season and are stealing their paychecks every week? No he's got to stick a burr under Moulds' saddle. I wish TD and MM were getting canned before the season ends, put Jerry Gray in as an interim coach but get these jokers out of here immediately.

Let's see, just this season alone, Mularkey has managed to royally piss off Sam Adams, Eric Moulds, and arguably Willis McGahee as well.  That is a disturbing trend to me, and strongly questions his ability to manage personalities.

Mularkey should be the one to go this offseason, not Moulds.

JDG

523371[/snapback]

Absolutely. Any coach that doesn't know how to take advantage of a pro bowl veteran receiver other than as a decoy is really outsmarting himself. Granted, Moulds has lost a step, but he is far from washed up. In my opinion EM has every right to be upset and I would've reacted the same way. Being a head coach is more than just Xs and Os. Player management skills are just as important and so far MM has shown he is highly lacking in this department (amongst other things). Even if MM wins this with EM, it will not sit well with the rest of the team. EM is highly respected by other players and they'll see this possibly happening to them in the near future.

Except that Moulds hasn't done anything to attract attention to the situation, MM has.  Moulds defered comment, MM is the one drawing attention to it by trying to suspend Moulds.

523393[/snapback]

Indeed, how many teams in a player-coach conflict is the player saying "no comment" and the Coach is talking to the press????? What an embarassment!

JDG

This whole organization has turned into a pathetic joke!! We used to be known for treating players with respect, and taking care of our own. Now TD has absolutely butchered our organization's reputation around the league. Examples include, Steve Christie, Reuben Brown, Pat Williams, Sam Adams, now Eric Moulds. Come on. Win or lose, we used to have a lot more class as an organization. Ralph, please get this jackass outta town & lets rebuild this team from the top down.

Something stinks at OBD and it starts at the top.  Two respected veteran players going off on Mularkey?  Mularkey wanting to SUSPEND EM?  Thats ridiculous.  How many times did Marv have personality conflicts during the glory years?  All those guys were strong willed, but it never came out like this.  This whole organization with TD, Mularkey, Tom CLements etc. is a joke.

523377[/snapback]

You don't have to be a conspiracy nut to smell this stench.

There is something horribly wrong.