eric moulds?

JAMIEBUF12

so what is the real story with eric moulds yesterday???eric says coach mularky took him out and coach mularky says eric benched himself.so wtf?is this erics way of whining because he aint the man anymore?seems he shoulda stayed in and appreciated the double teams.to me it would be a honor to help the team and to know at 32 you still command double teams.well if he is all done with the bills might as well cut him next year as well.i'd rather lose with kids that are trying than vets that are happy to lose,go bills in'06

Lots of speculation, but no one knows the real story, at least not yet. One thing's for sure, both EM & MM look bad over this, what a mess.

521780[/snapback]

yeah and i cant really see eric benching himself if he really wanted to have his game streak with a catch kept going.maybe he mouthed off after lee got his 3 td's and then coach mularky benched him.and if something like that did indeed happen then good for the coach,but thats just speculation.

Lots of speculation, but no one knows the real story, at least not yet. One thing's for sure, both EM & MM look bad over this, what a mess.

521780[/snapback]

i bet reuben brown knows the truth.

521794[/snapback]

And we were laughing at the Vikings just a few short weeks ago.

Looks like TD might have cut the piss and vinegar out of this squad.

The only thing left seems to be puss.

I think MM was implying that he thought EM was taking plays off, or was not putting forth a meaningful effort.

EMs comments seemed to indicate that he disagreed with the coaching decisions and he wasn't going to address it publicly, in so many words.

It seems like every week brings about a new story how the vets are feeling neglected and that they're being pushed out the door.

I didn't think we would get rid of Moulds after this year, but now I think he'll be gone along with Adams and maybe Vincent or Milloy.

so what is the real story with eric moulds yesterday???eric says coach mularky took him out and coach mularky says eric benched himself.so wtf?is this erics way of whining because he aint the man anymore?seems he shoulda stayed in and appreciated the double teams.to me it would be a honor to help the team and to know at 32 you still command double teams.well if he is all done with the bills might as well cut him next year as well.i'd rather lose with kids that are trying than vets that are happy to lose,go bills in'06

521772[/snapback]

The impression I got from Mould's comments was that he was okay taking the double teams, but he got pissed with the pass happy / gadget play calling that Mularkey was doing. I got the impression that Moulds actually wanted them to play more smash mouth power football. I haven't seen anything addressing how it played out between Moulds and Mularkey in the game, but if Moulds took himself out as some form of protest I'll be disappointed in him. If it was Mularkey, I think he cut his nose off to spite his face.

This poor and CONSTANTLY underachieving player named Eric Moulds whines more than my little niece when she's missed her nap.

Waahh wahhh... I don't get the ball that much.

Waahh wahhh... I don't get one quarterback like Marvin Harrison.

Waahh wahhh... Lee Evans is better than me in scoring touchdowns.

Waahh wahhh... I'm not gonna get 10 million dollars next year so I'm gonna not play very hard. Hopefully I won't age this year either.

Moulds makes me sick. During the Flutie era, Moulds was great. Something happened... he lost heart. Now I can't wait until the most tenured Bill gets kicked out on his butt.

Bye bye, Eric... I wish you had gotten hurt and put out of football 3 years ago... that way I would respect the player you were. Now, I just see a whiner. :blink:

This poor and CONSTANTLY underachieving player named Eric Moulds whines more than my little niece when she's missed her nap.

Waahh wahhh... I'm not gonna get 10 million dollars next year so I'm gonna not play very hard.  Hopefully I won't age this year either.

Moulds makes me sick.  During the Flutie era, Moulds was great.  Something happened... he lost heart.  Now I can't wait until the most tenured Bill gets kicked out on his butt.

Bye bye, Eric... I wish you had gotten hurt and put out of football 3 years ago... that way I would respect the player you were.  Now, I just see a whiner.  :blink:

522016[/snapback]

Bravo.

moulds has gotten more milage out of only a couple really good seasons than any player in nfl history. remember it took him 3 years to produce anything at all when he got here. he's a good player, but he's nowhere near good enough for all the crying we've heard from him the last couple years. he acts like he's the only one suffering from all the SUCKING this franchise has done over the past 5 seasons. fricken baby.

Waahh wahhh... I'm not gonna get 10 million dollars next year so I'm gonna not play very hard.  Hopefully I won't age this year either.

Moulds makes me sick.  During the Flutie era, Moulds was great.  Something happened... he lost heart.  Now I can't wait until the most tenured Bill gets kicked out on his butt.

Bye bye, Eric... I wish you had gotten hurt and put out of football 3 years ago... that way I would respect the player you were.  Now, I just see a whiner.  :)

522016[/snapback]

WHatever. I'll take Moulds any day over this pathetic coaching staff! Just like last week against the Panthers if you get Moulds involved you got a chance to win. You see what happended when he either sat or was used sparringly the offense sputtered. And every complaints Moulds has made has been legitimate for he just wants to win; as for wishing he had got hurt that is so classeless; you should be kicked off th board for making such a CLASSELESS statement as well as the next fellow who remotely agree with this HEARTLESS statement. He could have left a few years back when he was a free agent at the top of his game but stayed and played for us for less money than he could have recieved or at least went to a much more marketable franchise. I mean if he had went to Philly during that year as most suspected he would, he and Mcnabb could be looking pretty good right now. But no he stuck with us and watch us walloow the past 6 seasons teasing the fans going thru QB shuffles looking forward to next year. If this is his last season then I wish him the best of luck wherever he goes for he has always been a class act on my part!

WHatever. I'll take Moulds any day over this pathetic coaching staff! Just like last week against the Panthers if you get Moulds involved you got a chance to win. You see what happended when he either sat or was used sparringly the offense sputtered. And every complaints Moulds has made has been legitimate for he just wants to win; as for wishing he had got hurt that is so classeless; you should be kicked off th board for making such a CLASSELESS statement as well as the next fellow who remotely agree with this HEARTLESS statement. He could have left a few years back when he was a free agent at the top of his game but stayed and played for us for less money than he could have recieved or at least went to a much more marketable franchise. I mean if he had went to Philly during that year as most suspected he would, he and Mcnabb could be looking pretty good right now. But no he stuck with us and watch us walloow the past 6 seasons teasing the fans going thru QB shuffles looking forward to next year. If this is his last season then I wish him the best of luck wherever he goes for he has always been a class act on my part!

522038[/snapback]

My thoughts exactly bluv. amen. It's disheartening to see pathetic fans scapegoat one of the most selfless players in the NFL. He has taken paycut after paycut in hopes of getting this team better. How can one not see how badly Moulds wants to win with this team? Ive said this before and if I were moulds I would have left buffalo like 3 yrs ago. I wonder sometimes, if moulds had a consistent qb to work with like harrison, how ridiculous his stats would be.

521780[/snapback]

I agree...If Moulds bitched about not getting the ball, then he should be

chided...He was not acting in the best interest of the team. If it was Mularkey

who was trying to prove something by benching Moulds, then he probably

rubbed the wrong veteran...

My feeling is there is also something going on between EM and MM regarding

playing JPL or KH....In 1998 season, EM and Bruce Smith pushed philips big

time to start Flutie over RJ....

My thoughts exactly bluv. amen. It's disheartening to see pathetic fans scapegoat one of the most selfless players in the NFL. He has taken paycut after paycut in hopes of getting this team better. How can one not see how badly Moulds wants to win with this team? Ive said this before and if I were moulds I would have left buffalo like 3 yrs ago. I wonder sometimes, if moulds had a consistent qb to work with like harrison, how ridiculous his stats would be.

522085[/snapback]

I just wish there were more players like him who cared about winning and not cashing in. Think about it there were a few seasons where he could have pulled a TO or not renogoniate for the better of the team but he did but for what? More losing seasons and false promises. A lot of the fans on this board are PATHETIC as time a player has a bad seaon or a few bad games or is about to leave they start bashing them or claim they were overated. But to wish that our best and selfless player for the past 6 seasons had gotten hurt is just GUTLESS!

yeah and i cant really see eric benching himself if he really wanted to have his game streak with a catch kept going.maybe he mouthed off after lee got his 3 td's and then coach mularky benched him.and if something like that did indeed happen then good for the coach,but thats just speculation.

521785[/snapback]

Moulds wants to win and would not "mouth off" because he wasn't getting TDs. I recall a few years back when Moulds told Bledsoe to keep feeding the ball the Reed (Reed's rookie year) because they were doubling him and Reed was having a big game. I can't see Mould's bitching because he's not getting receptions when the team is winning.

Now, if the team is losing, that's a different story...

Thsi is becoming the lamest cliche in sports history.  It's the fans equivelent to "we have to execute better."  They both mean nothing.

CW

522032[/snapback]

I don't think that "losing heart" means nothing. It means that once upon a time Eric Moulds cared about the game, winning, and putting forth 100% all the time, being selfless for the better of the team... because it is for the better of the team.

Since this year, he has been complaining about JP, whining about the oranization bringing in a new quarterback... he is not passionate anymore. He should have been screaming to be put into the game... he honestly doesn't care.

No more heart= no more passion

I don't think that "losing heart" means nothing.  It means that once upon a time Eric Moulds cared about the game, winning, and putting forth 100% all the time, being selfless for the better of the team... because it is for the better of the team.

Since this year, he has been complaining about JP, whining about the oranization bringing in a new quarterback... he is not passionate anymore.  He should have been screaming to be put into the game... he honestly doesn't care.

No more heart= no more passion

522417[/snapback]

So let me get this straight. When Moulds complains that the QB isn't giving the team the best chance to win he's "whining"? Why don't you interpret that as having passion and wanting to win?

I'm not saying I agreed with Moulds that Losman needed to be sat, but I don't get how that's considered "not caring about winning". Obviously he cared, his opinion on what was best for the team was just different than yours (and mine).

So let me get this straight.  When Moulds complains that the QB isn't giving the team the best chance to win he's "whining"?  Why don't you interpret that as having passion and wanting to win?

I'm not saying I agreed with Moulds that Losman needed to be sat, but I don't get how that's considered "not caring about winning".  Obviously he cared, his opinion on what was best for the team was just different than yours (and mine).

522428[/snapback]

Exactly.

And the Bills went 29-19 thereafter.

Be careful what you wish for. I hope the Bills do whatever they can to sign Moulds.

My feeling is there is also something going on between EM and MM regarding

playing JPL or KH....In 1998 season, EM and Bruce Smith pushed philips big

time to start Flutie over RJ....

522097[/snapback]