Official Bledsoe Apologists Thread

Rico

Ive never been an "apologist" for Drew, I always try to use facts. And the facts is that Drew played a poor game today. I can't say anything to support him today.

37668[/snapback]

He played miserably. Far too often his throws looked like ground ball's on the A's infield...When he wasn't low he was behind or high. Only a handful of accurate tosses today. As a rough guess, I'd say 2-or 3 of the sacks were simply holding the ball to long with obvious blitzers bearing down on him. Missed a wide open Neufield on one of them.

Here it comes duck:

NO QUARTERBACK COULD SURVIVE BEHIND THIS HORRIFIC OFFENSIVE LINE.

DREW IS THE BEST DAMN QB TO COME TO THE BILLS SINCE JIM KELLY RETIRED.

GET OVER YOUR DAMN NEGATIVE SELFS.

SHAME ON YOU NEGATIVE NANCIES. :D

THANK GOD FOR THE EARLY BY WEEK.

I still support Bledsoe. I have been a Bills fan for 32 years, and have seen far worse circumstances. Bledsoe, for better or worse, is still our best option at QB. It does no real good to blame everything on him. I think far more blame should rest on the desk of "the genious" Tom Donohue. He has made one poor decision after another, yet still has all of us beliveing, somehow, that we have this great talent "on paper". What this team lacks is heart, as cliche as that may sound. Bledsoe had it, but it evaporated about halfway through last season.

Now, if things continue as they are, I would be all for putting in a healthy JP Losman. I get the feeling that the kid has some fire in his belly. Until then, Bledsoe is still the guy.

Here it comes duck:

SHAME ON YOU NEGATIVE NANCIES. :D

37710[/snapback]

Amen sister! You go! :D

I'm not a Bledsoe aologist, since I've made my own criticisms of him. But what would all of the bashers be saying now if we had recovered that on sides kick and Drew had led us to a game winning TD?

37592[/snapback]

If my aunt had balls she'd be my uncle.

If a frog had wings he wouldn't bum his ass when he hopped.

If it ain't skin it ain't in...

and so on and so forth.

Problem is, he is supposed to be this teams leader. We shouldn't have to rely on the VERY low percentage onside kick to give us ONE more chance.

Even if we had gotten it, I think we would have had 4 plays and that would be it.

Here it comes duck:

SHAME ON YOU NEGATIVE NANCIES. :rolleyes:

37710[/snapback]

I really do disagree. With the way this system is set up, Doug Flutie was a better answer for this team. I dont care how you all feel about him, the simple fact remains - he won games.

njsue, What has Drew done for you to think he is the best QB since Jimbo. One mediocre game this year, one terrible. 16 mediocre at best games last year. And a second half of 2002 that we all want to forget.

Here it comes duck:

SHAME ON YOU NEGATIVE NANCIES. :angry:

37710[/snapback]

:huh::o:rolleyes::lol: :lol: :lol:

We have the Infidels from the United States right where we want them! Iraq will not be defeated! Saddam Hussein is still in glorious power! Hail Saddam!

Every board needs a Baghdad Bob. ;)

I really do disagree. With the way this system is set up, Doug Flutie was a better answer for this team. I dont care how you all feel about him, the simple fact remains - he won games.

38191[/snapback]

Amen... I don't care what anyone says, I miss Flutie. :rolleyes:

And it just so happened that, where I saw the game,

the Chargers game was on right next to the Bills game.

Flutie was driving, scrambling, and scoring

as Drew was bumbling. :angry:

GET WELL JP!!!

not an apologist...but I do support him...after all, what is the alternative?

38199[/snapback]

If you're not satisfied with the play of any member of a team that's not getting it done, you criticize him and make your displeasure known. You are fans and consumers of the Bills. It's a defeatist attitude to 'sit back and take it', IMO.

Ive never been an "apologist" for Drew, I always try to use facts. And the facts is that Drew played a poor game today. I can't say anything to support him today.

37668[/snapback]

for as effective as the passing game has been, they could go to the single wing with both Willis and Travis on the field and no QB.

:rolleyes:

Marv ran it with the Chiefs, so it has been used before.

Even Moulds looked good getting out of the pocket on his direct snap

37668[/snapback]

Do you still believe JP will not be starting Week 1 in 2005???

I'll let you off the hook for $5 now. :rolleyes:

37668[/snapback]

I've had the same problem... Since week 3 last season.

Amen... I don't care what anyone says, I miss Flutie. :rolleyes:

And it just so happened that, where I saw the game,

the Chargers game was on right next to the Bills game.

Flutie was driving, scrambling, and scoring

as Drew was bumbling.  :angry:

GET WELL JP!!! 

38200[/snapback]

Let me ask you this...did you expect for Drew to grow wings this off season? I think we all knew what would happen if this team couldn't pass protect well. Sacks, sacks and more sacks. This should not be a surprise, however HALF the blame should squarely be placed at the feet of our pathetic offensive line. By far the worst offensive line in the NFL. Drew is being Drew. If you don't protect him he will look horrible, if you do protect him he will complete bombs to Lee Evans deep down field (imagine if we had a great pass protecting offensive line? wow!) Why are you getting on somebody for being everything that we expected and why are you excusing the offensive line from this equation?

BTW, from here on out I hope Malarkey benches Bledsoe for Mathews if he's performing that poorly again.