Those calling for TD/MM head...

mrjsbu96

Is the answer Jesus?

But seriously, and I don't know if I want these guys fired yet, but who is out there to replace one or both of them?

520318[/snapback]

Actually having someone you want to hire and who would want to be employed at OBD would make too much sense.

Ron Wolf would be an exellent GM, very likely.

For HC, Wolf could find someone, or maybe Wyche would finish the season at HC.

520343[/snapback]

Ron Wolf gets mentioned by every team, every year looking to make a change. Why would he come out of retirement for this job?

Ron Wolf would be an exellent GM, very likely.

For HC, Wolf could find someone, or maybe Wyche would finish the season at HC.

520343[/snapback]

Agreed, if you want to become the Bengals or Bucs of the early 1990's, Wyche is the most qualified to run the ship. <_<

Seriously though, there are a lot of GM candidates, but you really have to wonder if Ralph could spearhead a big change at this point. Maybe Brandon would be involved in the process. Guys like Wolf and Charley Armey of the Rams come to mind and of course Scott Pioli. Wolf would probably be the most likely of those three to happen. One thing that almost certainly won't happen, but may be mentioned is Pete Carroll returning to the NFL with the Bills as coach/gm.

Agreed, if you want to become the Bengals or Bucs of the early 1990's, Wyche is the most qualified to run the ship. <_<

Seriously though, there are a lot of GM candidates, but you really have to wonder if Ralph could spearhead a big change at this point.  Maybe Brandon would be involved in the process.  Guys like Wolf and Charley Armey of the Rams come to mind and of course Scott Pioli.  Wolf would probably be the most likely of those three to happen.  One thing that almost certainly won't happen, but may be mentioned is Pete Carroll returning to the NFL with the Bills as coach/gm.

520355[/snapback]

Wolf has stated he has no interest in returning to the NFL.

Wolf has stated he has no interest in returning to the NFL.

520370[/snapback]

I read that too, many times, but since this season started, I read somewhere, that he is now interested, if the situation was right....would the Bills be the right situatuin? I don't know...

I  read that too, many times, but since this season started, I read somewhere, that he is now interested, if the situation was right....would the Bills be the right situatuin?  I don't know...

520381[/snapback]

He reaffirmed it after that "rumor" broke...

In other news, Joe Gibbs and Bill Parcells were never going to coach in the NFL again two years ago. 

<_<

520382[/snapback]

Ok, things change. Point taken. But for Wolf to come to Buffalo is a stretch... There are a lot of teams that would jump in the ring if he came out of retirement.

Modrak for GM.  That one's easy.  Coaching staff is a lot harder, though.

520348[/snapback]

What's the difference between TD and Modrak? They both run the show re. personnel. The Buffalo News also suggested promoting from within to replace TD. I just don't get such a move--you'd be firing TD for the sake of firing someone and the same decisions would essentially be made by the same people.

I think the answer is not in firing anybody...except some players. Our team is loaded with talent, but they're just not performing. I don't have any answers--but I know if we fire our GM or head coach, it's a bad sign. Good franchises don't fire people at the top on a whim.

A philosophical question:

If you are calling for TD's head, how can you endorse Modrak to replace him? Modrak is at least partially responsible for the players being here, that so many want shipped out now!

520427[/snapback]

Anyone TD touched, hired, or extended is suspect. As far as replacements, exec VP Brandon whoever as a temp and Bobby April as interim head coach. Or give a coaching test to the 73,000 at Ralph. 3000 of them would score higher than Mularkey and that includes 8 year old girls.