Tidbit on Mularkey and TD...

Ramius

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/5127994

Mike Mularkey, Bills

Odds he'll be back next season: Even money

His status: Owner Ralph Wilson just gave Mularkey his approval despite the team's 4-7 record and lack of wins on the road.

How he can save his job: Keep developing quarterback JP Losman, play with toughness, and don't go on a major slide down the stretch of the season.

Three down

2. Tom Donohue

While the Bills' general manager got an extension this summer that extends to at least 2006, you have to wonder about the overall job he has done. The GM never addressed the offensive line this off-season or replaced big Pat Williams on the defensive line. Buffalo's record is 30-45 since Donohue took over the team. The only teams in the AFC not to make the postseason since Donohue got his job are the expansion Texans, the Jaguars and Bengals. Cincy and Jacksonville are en route to the postseason this season. 2006 is a make-or-break year for Donohue and the Bills.

Mike Mularkey, Bills

His status: Owner Ralph Wilson just gave Mularkey his approval despite the team's 4-7 record and lack of wins on the road.

How he can save his job: Keep developing quarterback JP Losman, play with toughness, and don't go on a major slide down the stretch of the season.

Three down

2. Tom Donohue

While the Bills' general manager got an extension this summer that extends to at least 2006, you have to wonder about the overall job he has done. The GM never addressed the offensive line this off-season or replaced big Pat Williams on the defensive line. Buffalo's record is 30-45 since Donohue took over the team. The only teams in the AFC not to make the postseason since Donohue got his job are the expansion Texans, the Jaguars and Bengals. Cincy and Jacksonville are en route to the postseason this season. 2006 is a make-or-break year for Donohue and the Bills.

517265[/snapback]

This is what I'm worried about:

1. Buffalo takes a dump this year. (In progress)

2. Drafts very high in 2006.

3. Again, selections are curious: need a year to see how players develop. :D

4. Buffalo goes 8-8 in 2006 and seems like things again getting better.

5. Buffalo misses playoffs, however TD gets another pass and saves his

job for another year.

Mike Mularkey, Bills

Three down

2. Tom Donohue

517265[/snapback]

I give Adam Schein's opinion zero credibility because he doesn't know the last name of the Bills' President and GM who has held the title for the last five years.

what pisses me off about as much as the bills' record is hacks like this who are lucky enough to have jobs writing about football and yet they can't lift a finger to verify somebody's name.

THERE ARE ONLY 32 FUGGIN GMs in this league and he can't get Donahoe's name right? How do !@#$s like this keep their jobs? Where's the fuggin editorial staff?

Well, one nitpicky thing I have is that TD actually did address the offensive line this offseason. We picked up a new LG and LT, and drafted a promising new C. Plus, he picked up a decent RG the year before, and the RT was supposed to have been "improving".

Of course, the LT turned out to be average at best, the LG turned out to suck major a$$, the RG has been injured and underwhelming, the RT has been injured and basically also sucks a$$, and the new C won't be seeing much time this year, but that's besides the point.

As to improving the OL in the past offseason, how realistic was that going to be considering that Jonas Jennings was THE best OT available on the FA market?

517359[/snapback]

Exactly.....and the guy wanted a 13M signing bonus.....Just imagine if we

had re-signed him at that price.....

Also, the two steelers guys who went to Arizona and Baltimore has done

nothing...Oliver Ross was injured after game 4....the other guard who

went to Baltimore to replace Anderson has done nothing of note...

But we missed out the boat on the 3 GB linemen, 2 of them went to

Dallas and 1 (Wahle) went to Carolina...Both the lines have been

outstanding during the season.

Exactly.....and the guy wanted a 13M signing bonus.....Just imagine if we

had re-signed him at that price.....

Also, the two steelers guys who went to Arizona and Baltimore has done

nothing...Oliver Ross was injured after game 4....the other guard who

went to Baltimore to replace Anderson has done nothing of note...

But we missed out the boat on the 3 GB linemen, 2 of them went to

Dallas and 1 (Wahle) went to Carolina...Both the lines have been

outstanding during the season.

517363[/snapback]

Carolina's run blocking has been atrocious this year, but Wahle has been solid and was the LG we should have picked up last year. Anybody know if TD even brought him in for a look?

Well, one nitpicky thing I have is that TD actually did address the offensive line this offseason. We picked up a new LG and LT,

Bargain basement free agents that no one else was dumb enough to want.

and drafted a promising new C.

Yes, after having drafted two offensive skill position players.

Plus, he picked up a decent RG the year before,

To make up for the decent LG he let go

and the RT was supposed to have been "improving".

Considering he was the 4th overall pick in the 2002 draft, it was about time he did something.

Of course, the LT turned out to be average at best, the LG turned out to suck major a$$, the RG has been injured and underwhelming, the RT has been injured and basically also sucks a$$, and the new C won't be seeing much time this year, but that's besides the point.

517357[/snapback]

Actually, he should have seen all of that coming. When it comes to signing free agents that have been in the league a few years, you usually get what you pay for. TD paid little for the LT and LG, and got even less. The RG is getting old, so injuries and declining play shouldn't exactly come as a shock. The RT has done little his whole career except the second half of last season, so it's not exactly a shock to see him doing little once again. The new C is a rookie, so of course he won't be seeing much playing time this year.

Carolina's run blocking has been atrocious this year, but Wahle has been solid and was the LG we should have picked up last year.  Anybody know if TD even brought him in for a look?

517428[/snapback]

That's the guy I wanted. He played big for Carolina last week. I knew TD would pass on him. It made to much sense. Instead he picks up a worthless pile of goo.

Actually, he should have seen all of that coming. When it comes to signing free agents that have been in the league a few years, you usually get what you pay for. TD paid little for the LT and LG, and got even less. The RG is getting old, so injuries and declining play shouldn't exactly come as a shock. The RT has done little his whole career except the second half of last season, so it's not exactly a shock to see him doing little once again. The new C is a rookie, so of course he won't be seeing much playing time this year.

517464[/snapback]

Well, I didn't say he addressed the O-line well, but he did address it.

0:)

Of course MM will keep his job.

Ralph's not going to choke on his contract for three more years.

517315[/snapback]

If TD gets the axe you can pretty much assume that MM will as well. I can't imagine a new GM coming in here and not wanting to hire his own head coach.

If TD gets the axe you can pretty much assume that MM will as well.  I can't imagine a new GM coming in here and not wanting to hire his own head coach.

517507[/snapback]

True, the question is, how strong a factor will that be in whether RW keeps TD around? Before his comments I would've said he was happy to keep him around long-term, but now I'm thinking he doesn't have more than another year to get this ship righted.

My guess is it will be much more palatable for RW to swallow two years of MM's contract rather than getting rid of him before the contract's halfway done.

Well then you're also saying TD stays as there is no one who'd take the GM job without being able to hire the head coach ot thier choosing. The one exception would be if they gave the job to Modrek, but I'm hoping they don't as no one here knows how many of the bad personal moves made were at TM's request. If you'ge going to dump TD, then don't give it to TM either.

Start fresh, or don't bother!

Of course MM will keep his job.

Ralph's not going to choke on his contract for three more years.

517315[/snapback]

1.  Buffalo takes a dump this year. (In progress)

2.  Drafts very high in 2006.

3.  Again, selections are curious: need a year to see how players develop.  0:)

4.  Buffalo goes 8-8 in 2006 and seems like things again getting better.

5.  Buffalo misses playoffs, however TD gets another pass and saves his

job for another year.

517335[/snapback]

6. Rinse

7. Repeat

1.  Buffalo takes a dump this year. (In progress)

2.  Drafts very high in 2006.

3.  Again, selections are curious: need a year to see how players develop.  0:)

4.  Buffalo goes 8-8 in 2006 and seems like things again getting better.

5.  Buffalo misses playoffs, however TD gets another pass and saves his

job for another year.

517335[/snapback]

Yeah - you forgot:

6. Take a step backwards and finish sub .500 in 2007 after getting hopes up by "showing progress" the previous year.

Carolina's run blocking has been atrocious this year, but Wahle has been solid and was the LG we should have picked up last year.  Anybody know if TD even brought him in for a look?

517428[/snapback]

Wasn't carolinas Run blocking in the RedZone great...Also, if I remember they

ere manhandling us during that 1st quarter driver with consecutive runs and

Maas singled out Wahle as the outstanding guard who was pulling...