Bryant McKinnie...

e-dog

I don't know what went on in the first half but it is inconceivable to me that somebody could have watched the same dancing bear act I watched and consider that to be good. :doh:

I guess it's a matter of perspective?-0

But you can't say the same about S Roy Williams, DE Dwight Freeney, DT John Henderson, OT Levi Jones, S Ed Reed

I don't know if you can make a reasonable list that big about other realistic options.

I'm not convinced we'd be any better off with an 8mil/year FS that can't cover so that leaves RoyWilliams off.

Ed Reed didn't go until the end of the round and Dwight Freeney wasn't taken for another 2 hrs so that may be a little too "much" hindsight to hold the Bills to.

I liked Levi Jones too, in fact I rememebr thinking I might like him more than the two toobig guys, but he also hung around for another couple hours before being drafted by a team that caught hell for reaching for him too early.

John Henderson, I have no argument with. He'd have been a good pick at the time at an even more important position and I wish Donahoe would have done it.

EDIT:

Braaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa-fuggin-ooooooooooooooooooooooh.....

I don't know what went on in the first half but it is inconceivable to me that somebody could have watched the same dancing bear act I watched and consider that to be good.

Wait I think I figured it out. At one point lateinthe3rd/earlyinthe4th John Madden was going on about how great McKinnie looked, meanwhile if you were actually watching the screen you may have noticed him getting knocked into the backfield by 203lb Kahbeer Gbaja-Biamila en route to dropping Mewelde Moore for a 3yrd loss. So e-dog must have been watching the game with his ears again.

McKinnie's inability to move his man off the line(who he's only got about 100+lbs on) or to get to his outside shoulder eventually forced the Vikes to start pulling #64(who I thought was the best Viking OLineman on the field) out just so they could get a seal for Moore. He also spent a lot of downs with the underrated Kleinsasser on his hip, which is odd considering that they had a gimpy and apparently struggling Mike Rosenthal on the other side.

But boy I sure wish he was a Bill..... :devil:

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know what went on in the first half but it is inconceivable to me that somebody could have watched the same dancing bear act I watched and consider that to be good.  :devil:

I guess it's a matter of perspective?-0

509928[/snapback]

here is what I saw over the 2nd and 3rd quarters...

BM stayed between BJ and his man on passing downs or he pushed him to the ground. Result? No sacks, no pressure.

On running plays, BM's man never shed his blocks or laid a hand on the RB.

I'm sure there are varying degrees to which the above can be accomplished, but if the guy you are blocking never makes a play, then it is hard to imagine calling that "terrible".

I turned it on early in the 3rd and saw it a little different. His passprotection was all right but I didn't pay it much credence as BJohnson is good at gettting the ball out quickly and throws with good rhythm on his short drops. As a result his OLine is asked to do next to nothing for him. But in the ground game I thought he looked awful as he created no push, forcing Moore to take his runs way outside before he could turn them up. There were also several times Moore had to run through a tackle as McKinnie couldn't maintain any sort of strong, physical engagement for any period of time. He never got into the second level of his own accord and teh only times the Vikes asked him to, he ended up stumbling forward a couple steps and then standing around like he wasn't even trying to find anybody.

I thought he looked ineffective, terribly stiff and often disinterested most of the night. As for Biamila never making a play, nfl.com's gamebook has him with 3 tackles a half-sack and a forced fumble on the evening. Not a bad night's work I'd say.

Cya

I didn't watch much of the game. The announcers said in effect that McKinnie has been their best lineman. I did watch enough to catch that. It's really irrelvant though. McKinnie was a me guy coming out of college and made his intentions known that he did not want to be drafted by Buffalo, and was going to be poison in the locker room if he was. This is ancient history. Why aren't we letting it go. There is enough other stuff on the basis of which we can hang Tom Donahoe. Figuratively speaking, of course.

I think people are impressed with McKinnie's ability to occupy space and tie up a blocker that's heading straight for him, but for the life of me, I don't know if I've ever seen a tackle that had such a slow lower body movement. There is absolutely no movement in his frame between the waist and the ankles. Really bizarre.

Announcers have said that MW is Buffalo's best lineman as well.

509971[/snapback]

Of course he is, considering he's constantly playing next to Wayne Gandy. That could also explain how Holcomb got his concussion in New England, and JP had to come in for mop up duty :devil:

I don't know if I've ever seen a tackle that had such a slow lower body movement. There is absolutely no movement in his frame between the waist and the ankles.

This is admittedly an extreme comparison but at times I swear his runblocking makes think of Jamie Nails. The guy simply can't move to save his life.

I'm confident that Mike Williams could create some holes against the Packers, too.

I'd probably agree with this except for that little "too" on the end. The only guy I saw actually "creating" holes was the Vikings LG. Since they dealt a draft pick to pick up Fonoti and this Herrera fella is an UDFA who's 3rd on their depth chart at Center I wonder if they consider him to be expendable. I liked what I saw out of him and wouldn't mind seeing more of him, maybe even in a Bills uni.

Cya

here is what I saw over the 2nd and 3rd quarters...

BM stayed between BJ and his man on passing downs or he pushed him to the ground.  Result? No sacks, no pressure.

On running plays, BM's man never shed his blocks or laid a hand on the RB.

I'm sure there are varying degrees to which the above can be accomplished, but if the guy you are blocking never makes a play, then it is hard to imagine calling that "terrible".

509942[/snapback]

You could not be more correct.

I'd probably agree with this except for that little "too" on the end. The only guy I saw actually "creating" holes was the Vikings LG. Since they dealt a draft pick to pick up Fonoti and this Herrera fella is an UDFA who's 3rd on their depth chart at Center I wonder if they consider him to be expendable. I liked what I saw out of him and wouldn't mind seeing more of him, maybe even in a Bills uni.

Cya

510003[/snapback]

You may strike the "too" from the record.

I turned it on early in the 3rd and saw it a little different. His passprotection was all right but I didn't pay it much credence as BJohnson is good at gettting the ball out quickly and throws with good rhythm on his short drops. As a result his OLine is asked to do next to nothing for him. But in the ground game I thought he looked awful as he created no push, forcing Moore to take his runs way outside before he could turn them up. There were also several times Moore had to run through a tackle as McKinnie couldn't maintain any sort of strong, physical engagement for any period of time. He never got into the second level of his own accord and teh only times the Vikes asked him to, he ended up stumbling forward a couple steps and then standing around like he wasn't even trying to find anybody.

I thought he looked ineffective, terribly stiff and often disinterested most of the night. As for Biamila never making a play, nfl.com's gamebook has him with 3 tackles a half-sack and a forced fumble on the evening. Not a bad night's work I'd say.

Cya

509952[/snapback]

mckinnie looked great in the first half.

Vikings- 331 yards

rush -160 yards

2nd half scoring drives:

15 plays -88yds - TD

8-62-FG

10-58-FG

BALL GAME- SCOREBOARD

Keep the glasses on boys. You just might see Mikey break into that starting lineup yet. Tough competion he has to beat out though. HE LOST HIS JOB TO A FREE AGENT. :devil:

Vikings- 331 yards

rush -160 yards

2nd half scoring drives:

15 plays -88yds - TD

8-62-FG

10-58-FG

Like most gamblers, you're more mathmetician than analyst. Which sheds some more light on your inability to understand and diagnose what is actually happening on the field and elsewhere.

Vikings- 331 yards

rush -160 yards

2nd half scoring drives:

15 plays -88yds - TD

8-62-FG

10-58-FG

BALL GAME- SCOREBOARD

Keep the glasses on boys. You just might see Mikey break into that starting lineup yet. Tough competion he has to beat out though. HE LOST HIS JOB TO A FREE AGENT. :devil:

510077[/snapback]

Can you stop hating this place and everyone here long enough to realize that no one is particularly happy with Mike Williams?

Can you stop hating this place and everyone here long enough to realize that no on is particularly happy with Mike Williams?

510129[/snapback]

Yeah, that may finally be the last nail as far as I'm concerned. If your only purpose is to throw stones at people, even when you have to make sh-- up to do it - it may be time to turn the page...

Yeah, that may finally be the last nail as far as I'm concerned. If your only purpose is to throw stones at people, even when you have to make sh-- up to do it - it may be time to turn the page...

510137[/snapback]

You've been saying that for years, yet you still continue to run TBD.

Vikings- 331 yards

rush -160 yards

2nd half scoring drives:

15 plays -88yds - TD

8-62-FG

10-58-FG

BALL GAME- SCOREBOARD

Keep the glasses on boys. You just might see Mikey break into that starting lineup yet. Tough competion he has to beat out though. HE LOST HIS JOB TO A FREE AGENT. :)

510077[/snapback]

And once again, your handicapping is dead on, but you're wrong anyway. ;)

And once again, your handicapping is dead on, but you're wrong anyway.  :)

510346[/snapback]

;)

I was going to point out that we have a lot more rushing yards from our backs than Minnesota does, and therefore that must mean our OL is better, but your response was much more concise :)

CW